What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans v Manly spoiler

:lol: Nice way to actually discuss the issue at hand.

Orford didn't come up with the ball on the first attempt, and took away Campbell's chance to. It wasa very clumsy (and untimately costly) attempt at the ball, if that is what he was doing. I can see why the penalty was awarded.
Why does it matter that he didn't come up with the ball? It was a loose ball, they were both making a play for it, Orford had first play on it and as he collided with Campbell he dropped it.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Why does it matter that he didn't come up with the ball? It was a loose ball, they were both making a play for it, Orford had first play on it and as he collided with Campbell he dropped it.

Except you can't move out of your way to impede a chaser in getting to the ball, which is precisley what orford did. You also can't ankle tap people without the ball either believe it or not.

Rodent

Bench
#16 for Manly (Rose?) attempted a professional foul on Preston with an ankle tap. It was hard to tell if contact was made but Campbell changed stride either due to the ankle tap hitting his leg or in trying to avoid it. Justice was done as far as I am concerned but penalising Orford was dead wrong. I've watched it in slo mo frame by frame and Orford made a great play, totally legal. It was the right result but for the wrong reason. After analysis by Finch, I think you'll find the ref erred but eagles fans shouldn't feel ripped off. Rose should have been penalised.

Except you can't move out of your way to impede a chaser in getting to the ball, which is precisley what orford did. You also can't ankle tap people without the ball either believe it or not.
Watch again, he came into contact with ball first, player second.
As for the ankle tap from Rose I'd need to see it again but I don't believe that is what the penalty was for.

redvscotty

First Grade
How can we accept officials deciding matches instead of the players? Why bother watching games if the 2 refs out there f*ck them up?

Its all well and good for Broncos fans like you who have never had refs blatantly decide games. The junior refs and video refs in dying stages of games are absolutely bottling it and they should be accountable for their mistakes.

This is incorrect. The Broncos ARE involved in games where refs blatantly define the outcome. Thing is, they are never on the wrong side of it.

bartman

Immortal
He got a hand on the ball before he came into contact with Campbell, and then lost it. It was a loose ball and Orford got to it first: fair challenge.
Knock on? Maybe.
Penalty? No f*cking way.
I'll have to see it a few more times before I can agree he got a hand on the ball before he comes in contact with Campbell first time through... if he misses the ball or if he gets his touch on Campbell first - penalty. If he touches the ball... knock on.

From there Manly are under the pump, and likely to head into golden point anyway.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Watch again, he came into contact with ball first, player second.
As for the ankle tap from Rose I'd need to see it again but I don't believe that is what the penalty was for.

I don't care if he did or didn't The point is he deliberatley impeded a player.

Whether the penalty was for an ankle tap is irrelevant, it should have been so what are you complaining about?

If that was Brett Stewart who was ankle tapped you would be bitching your ring off.

Coaster

Bench
Either way its a 50/50, good on the ref for making a decision based on how he saw it, and not relying on a video ref.

BTW sucked in Manly

Cletus

First Grade
:lol: Nice way to actually discuss the issue at hand.

Orford didn't come up with the ball on the first attempt, and took away Campbell's chance to. It wasa very clumsy (and untimately costly) attempt at the ball, if that is what he was doing. I can see why the penalty was awarded.

So a knock on is a penalty? And he took away Campbells chance by knocking it on???? If you can honestly saw that was a penalty, I can't see you doing that. Despite your Manly hate you're not a complete idiot. What was the penalty for?

lockyrulz

Juniors
Either way its a 50/50, good on the ref for making a decision based on how he saw it, and not relying on a video ref.

BTW sucked in Manly

Exactly, and this is what sh*ts me, all you whinging f**ks are going to achieve is make the refs gun shy at making calls, and if you are thick enough to think that this will improve the quality of officialdom then you deserve what you get.

Scaven

Juniors
Christ most Of you are morons.

It doesn't matter if he collides with Preston before the ball, only that he was contesting the ball and not the man which he obviously was.
Learn the rules.
Anyway Checcin will be dropped and that will be that.
Another team is ripped off 2 points and it won't be the last time it happens with these Junior refs on the field.
What Dessie said at the end is the real concern, things like this will end up costing the NRL fans if it continues and I have to agree.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Christ most Of you are morons.

It doesn't matter if he collides with Preston before the ball, only that he was contesting the ball and not the man which he obviously was.
Learn the rules.
Anyway Checcin will be dropped and that will be that.
Another team is ripped off 2 points and it won't be the last time it happens with these Junior refs on the field.
What Dessie said at the end is the real concern, things like this will end up costing the NRL fans if it continues and I have to agree.

You are the moron you f**kwit.

What people are disagreeing on was that Orford WAS contesting primarily the man and not the ball. Like all decisions in league it was subjective and went one way and not the other, get over it.

Apey

Staff member
Having just seen it on TV, it all happened in an instant and I can see how the ref made that decision.

However it was very, very wrong.

It wasa very clumsy (and untimately costly) attempt at the ball, if that is what he was doing. I can see why the penalty was awarded.

I agree with these sentiments.

I think Orford could have pulled the dive off without having to put himself into the position where he took out Campbell's legs. It probably wasn't worth a penalty in the end, but it would have looked like it at the time on the ground imo. Harsh, for sure... but I can see where he was coming from.

Clumsy by Orford.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Just watched it again and I am actually astounded people here are even disputing it, Orford blatantly slides his legs into Preston His legs actually move away from the ball ffs...

Latest posts