What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans v Manly spoiler

Dutchy

Immortal
It's a wonder the end of the field with all the Manly fan's wasn't littered with coke bottles.

Credit to the bay full of Manly fans who stayed after fulltime and clapped the Titans as they did their lap. Appreciated a well fought game. With a poor ending.

markieboy

Juniors
Just saw it on TV. That was definately a penalty. In fact it should have been a penalty try. Orford took the man out completely when he was kicking the ball towards the line for a certain try.

Get over it Manly Fans. Justice was done.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
all I can say to the ref is....

thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!
(sorry Manly - I tipped the titans!)

but seriously, its becoming a joke - much like the 'obstruction' law that was overpoliced a couple seasons back - turned the game into a farce.

too much regulation, tinkering with the game trying to make it 'faster' or more exciting.

isn't it time we started to relax the rules a bit, take the game back to the roots of playing good footy and not over scrutinising every call, calling every drop ball a knock on (even if it goes back - ala Preston Campbell's today) etc etc?

I just worry about where we are taking the game in our efforts to 'make it better'...
It's been a joke for ages. Too many tiggy touchy penalties

lockyrulz

Juniors
Its beyond a joke. The sport is in tatters. It's just so ugly

Mate the game is far from in tatters, and the biggest thing wrong with it is sooky little nana 'fans' like you.

"oh woe is me, the game is in tatters, the end of the world is nigh, oh how will I go on, somone hug me"

f**k me, if you can't grow a pair see if Cash Converters have some in stock.

Titanic

First Grade
I think it's like having a bye ... Finch has decided that all teams can have one outrageous decision in their favour to take 2 points.

Sleep

Juniors
The refs have been abysmal this year. They've cost several teams legitimate chances to win games. Penrith, Canterbury and Manly all have lost two points by terrible decisions with two of those three already being confirmed by Robert Finch as the wrong ones.

They've gotta pull it together or they'll be the laughing stock of the NRL.

swing_low

Juniors
Mate the game is far from in tatters, and the biggest thing wrong with it is sooky little nana 'fans' like you.

"oh woe is me, the game is in tatters, the end of the world is nigh, oh how will I go on, somone hug me"

f**k me, if you can't grow a pair see if Cash Converters have some in stock.

How can we accept officials deciding matches instead of the players? Why bother watching games if the 2 refs out there f*ck them up?

Its all well and good for Broncos fans like you who have never had refs blatantly decide games. The junior refs and video refs in dying stages of games are absolutely bottling it and they should be accountable for their mistakes.

bartman

Immortal
Just saw it on the news again, once real time, once in slo-mo.

Orford didn't even come up with the ball as part of his first attempt/challenge... he had to dive on it after he had felled Campbell.

voltron

Juniors
please whatever
it was a decent decision, a bit harsh, couldve gone the other way, but then you'd have other fans whinging
and if 'T-rex' holds onto the ball and plants it, this point is moot
but manly didnt deserve to win
everyone gets dudded by ref's calls, but it goes both ways, just depends on which end of the game it is at that people decide to whinge more about it

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors

Orford didn't even come up with the ball as part of his first attempt/challenge... he had to dive on it after he had felled Campbell.

This is how i saw it as well. He went over the ball to take out Cambell. Fair penalty.

Not that it matters to all the manly sooks who carry on like lyon does every time he drops the ball....

Dutchy

Immortal

He did, but lost control of it.

Johns Magic

Referee

So what? He was going for the ball the whole time and didn't intentionally take him out. Whether he did knock him is irrelevant if it was a fair challenge for the ball.

Are you gonna tell me that Israel Folau should be penalised next time he takes a high ball because he came into contact with the opposing winger on the way through?

8Ball

First Grade
"You'll be in reserve grade next week," Orford could be heard saying to Cecchin on the referee's microphone.

Probably talking to himself after today's performance. Shocking pass after shocking pass. Was only saved by that try and field goal.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Manly fans know they gotta take the good with the bad....just like the Broncos did two weeks ago against Manly with the contentious calls that went against them.

It evens out in the end...

It seems that most of you can't move beyond petty rivalries and acknowledge that it was the wrong call.

There's an argument that Orford knocked the ball on, however he certainly didn't obstruct Campbell from getting to the ball. What else could Orford have done in that situation?

Coaster

Bench
The worst game the Titans have played in 2 years, and we still got 2 points.

Correct call from the young ref, well done fella making such a bold decision and calling it as you see it.

:D

Hanscholo

Bench
50/50 call at best. The ref has a strong opinion on it, it happens. Your probably better of asking how your side dominated the game and it came down to a penalty goal. I havent seen the titans so heavily out played all season and yet, they won. Speaks volumes for Manly's second half.

yawn

Juniors
Please Id like to discuss the earlier guy who tried to ankle tap preston as he tried to kick the ball on the ground.

Latest posts