What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans v Manly spoiler

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Anyone who calls this a fair or 50/50 decision is delusional.. The contact between Orford and Campbell was simultaneous with Orford making contact with the ball.. There was no interferance whatsoever.. Rose did not even touch Campbell so that isn't an issue either.. A disgraceful decision..

sneagle

Juniors
BrettStewart-Shirtless.jpg

Keep those gorgeous photos coming Bartman..

lockyno1

Post Whore
When I first saw it I thought it was a penalty. The ref has ONE look at it, not a 100 looks at it. This decison did not cost Manly..Lyon dropping the ball with a 2 man overlap did..and that was 30 seconds prior to this instance. Blame Lyon not the ref.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I am getting the feeling you are just trolling more and more after every one of your posts.

Well then, you should ignore these "feelings" - they are misleading you. Time to start worrying about other more pressing matters, like NSW getting flogged for the FOURTH series in a row, and the sense of loss and disenchantment you will be feeling then.....:fist:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As much as I hate it, lockyno1 is right. Poor handling close to the Titans line is what cost Manly the game. They should've been as much as two tries in front by the 78th minute, they were by far the better team. Referees make mistakes, so do players. Perhaps Hasler should look at his own players errors before worrying about a 50/50 call from a referee.

Big Pete

Referee
I just caught the replay and I'd be interested to know what the NRL classifies as an obstruction. I say this because Campbell was surely fouled by Rose who attempted an ankle tap that Campbell avoids but in doing so has to adjust his run. Surely that's a form of interference?

However it's irrelevant, it appears the referee ruled that Orford took Campbell out which IMO is wrong. As others have pointed out, you see this week in and week out in the in-goal and nothing is done just because it's infront of a home crowd and you'd been leniant to the other side the entire game doesn't mean you can classify what Orford did as interference.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, and I didn't watch the game (listened to it on the ABC as I prefer their commentary on Sunday games) but they said something like that the Titans had NO tackles inside the opposition 20m area from the 20 minute mark to the 60 minute mark. That tells me one thing, and you are dead right Timmah, Manly screwed this game up by not finishing the Titans off.

lockyrulz

Juniors
how can you dive FEET FIRST and pick up the ball you idiot

Have a look at the pictures you ignorant f**kwit.

He moved sideways first, his legs way from the ball for no other reason than to take Preston out. f**k me you people are thick...