What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans will win the Grand Final

Coaster

Bench
Mmm. Lets test your theory against the Sydney Clubs.

South since 1908 - 20 premierships
Roosters since 1908 - 12 premierships
Canterbury since 1935 - 8 premierships
Manly since 1947 - 7 premierships
Parramatta since 1947 - 4 premierships
Penrith since 1967 - 2 premierships
Cronulla since 1967 - 3 grand final appearances
St George Illawaraa since 1999 - 1 grand final appearance and before the merger 15 premierships
Wests Tigers since 2000 - 1 premiership and before merger 15 combined premierships

Now lets see.... Gold Coast - NEVER played finals football. Yes i can see how you guys have achieved more than sydney clubs have in 100 years. Last time i checked success is judged by premierships not by how good your stadium is. LOL your a joke!

Its obvious she was taking about the club, not Trophies, BTW the GC have played finals football, in 98

And why would you bring up
1 grand final appearance and before the merger 15 premierships
Are you still talking about 2 different teams playing in a different comp, with only NSW teams in it?

Can we bring up Queensland GF wins? Seagulls have won plenty, do they count?

The fact is STG/ILL have won as many Premierships in the NRL as we have, and the only difference is that when we win one, we wont have to share it with a different club like you would if you didnt choke and embarrass yourselves

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I meant off the field.

Success is judged by what happens on the field not off. If you guys lose the grand final people looking back in 100 years time aren't going to say "oh but their stadium was nice". HAHA geez all those years without a team has really affected your knowledge of Rugby League.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Its obvious she was taking about the club, not Trophies, BTW the GC have played finals football, in 98

Are you still talking about 2 different teams playing in a different comp, with only NSW teams in it?

The fact is STG/ILL have won as many Premierships in the NRL as we have, and the only difference is that when we win one, we wont have to share it with a different club like you would if you didnt choke and embarrass yourselves

Exactly. Win something or get off your high horse Dragons fans. Just because the Titans haven't played and FAILED in the finals before like you guys have umpteen times, doesn't mean we'll be at a disadvantage.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors

Well your contradicting yourself by bringing up the old team Gold Coast team. The old Gold Coast team has NO affiliation with the current team therefore you have NOT played finals football.

By the way i can see what a huge Gold Coast fan you are as they made the finals in 1997 not 1998.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Success is judged by what happens on the field not off. If you guys lose the grand final people looking back in 100 years time aren't going to say "oh but their stadium was nice". HAHA geez all those years without a team has really affected your knowledge of Rugby League.

My knowledge of Rugby League states we have won the comp the same amount of times as St George Illawarra. And because we have our sh*t together off the field, we are better placed to win one before you do. I admit Dragons have a great side this year, but I feel come October, the Titans will reign supreme- it has Melbourne 1999 written all over it.

Easts To Lose

Juniors
Whats the difference between the dragons,bulldogs,sea eagles,storm & the titans? The dragons,bulldogs,sea eagles & storm actually have a chance at winning this year....

Dragon

Coach
Exactly. Win something or get off your high horse Dragons fans. Just because the Titans haven't played and FAILED in the finals before like you guys have umpteen times, doesn't mean we'll be at a disadvantage.

Who's on their high horse? Look at the f*cking thread title.

Saints fans haven't made a thread like this, nor do they go out of their way to bag other contenders (well.. gaba has a hard on for the dogs). We KNOW how hard it is to win a title. We are all nervous as hell, but surely we are entitled to enjoy the season we are having.

On the first page lots of clubs supporters offered their reasons as to why they think the GC wont win. But you threw a tanty at dragons fans because you are sick of listening to the media talk us up. GC are coming third, thats fantastic. But you make threads like this and you are asking to be cut down

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Who's on their high horse? Look at the f*cking thread title.

Saints fans haven't made a thread like this, nor do they go out of their way to bag other contenders (well.. gaba has a hard on for the dogs). We KNOW how hard it is to win a title. We are all nervous as hell, but surely we are entitled to enjoy the season we are having.

On the first page lots of clubs supporters offered their reasons as to why they think the GC wont win. But you threw a tanty at dragons fans because you are sick of listening to the media talk us up. GC are coming third, thats fantastic. But you make threads like this and you are asking to be cut down

Fair play.

I still hope it's us v the Dragons in the GF.

pantherz9103

First Grade
LOL @ the 5th time lucky fans talking about success. I think you'll find the Gold Coast have been a part of the ARL/NRL for quite a few years now.

1988-1991 Giants
1992-1994 Seagulls
1995-1996 Gladiators
1997-1998 Chargers
2007 - Titans

Just a little thing, but I don't recall there ever being a Gold Coast Gladiators team. The Seagulls finished in 1995 and a new mascot was chosen for 1996. The first idea was Gladiators but they ended up choosing Chargers. I think Gladiators would've been too cheesy. I do see a trend in Gold Coast mascots, Giants, Chargers, Titans, they've always thought big of themselves, good thing they are starting to deliver.

If Penrith miss the 8 or make it and get knocked out early, I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans go all the way.

Dragon

Coach
Fair play.

I still hope it's us v the Dragons in the GF.

For what its worth i tipped the coast to win the comp at the start of the year. And don't worry about not getting attention, come finals time you will be the sentimental favs and will have the whole of QLD behind you.

_Johnsy

Referee
coldhardbitch

From the link you provided.

"With substantial financial incentives and relaxing of salary cap requirements, the 1999 Dragons were always going to present a formidable squad. "

Nothing about doubling the sides salary cap.

Jason Maher

Immortal
LOL @ the 5th time lucky fans talking about success. I think you'll find the Gold Coast have been a part of the ARL/NRL for quite a few years now.

1988-1991 Giants
1992-1994 Seagulls
1995-1996 Gladiators
1997-1998 Chargers
2007 - Titans

Just a little thing, but I don't recall there ever being a Gold Coast Gladiators team. The Seagulls finished in 1995 and a new mascot was chosen for 1996. The first idea was Gladiators but they ended up choosing Chargers. I think Gladiators would've been too cheesy. I do see a trend in Gold Coast mascots, Giants, Chargers, Titans, they've always thought big of themselves, good thing they are starting to deliver.

If Penrith miss the 8 or make it and get knocked out early, I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans go all the way.

Not quite. The original team was the Gold Coast-Tweed Giants, who were owned by a private consortium (who had earlier bid unsuccessfully for the Brisbane licence). They played 2 seasons - 1988-89 - before the team was bought out by Seagulls Leagues Club. The name was changed to Gold Coast Seagulls, and the black, white and silver unirform was switched for the Tweed Heads Seagulls traditional black and white butchers stripes, with red trimming to differentiate them from the Group 18 side. The Seagulls lasted until 1995, when the Leagues club pulled out. The club's ARL licence was bought out by Gold Coast businessman (and all-round nutjob) Jeff Muller, and the name was changed again to Gold Coast Gladiators, along with a new strip combining the colours teal, black, purple, grey, and yellow. His ownership lasted mere months, which included the team winning the 96 World Sevens, before the ARL stepped in and took over the ownership of the club prior to the start of the 1996 season after a raft of controversy surrounding Muller's managerial style. The name was changed (yet again) to the Gold Coast Chargers, but this time the uniform was kept. The Chargers played 3 seasons from 1996-98, qualifying for the finals in 1997 (and beating Illawarra, the bastards!), before they were folded by the ARL at the end of 1998, in a deal struck with Superleague, who folded the Adelaide Rams in return.

t-ba

Post Whore

No they haven't. Tweed won a premiership in 1989 as diehards-Seagulls in the BRL and one as a stand alone club in 2007.

The primacy of the NSWRL can't be argued. That's why Saints still have a place at the table in the National competition and Valleys are dust.

I've got no idea why anyone would want their side rated. We got tonked by Souths around this time last year and everyone wrote Manly off. Worked wonders.

I'm sick to death of hearing every analyst, journalist and commentator praising the Dragons, Dogs, Manly and even Melbourne when the team coming 2nd- the Titans, never even get a mention.
We are just as good as the four mentioned teams, and have beaten all four of them this season. We are unbeateable at home, and have an almost fully-fit squad (O'Dwyer and Rogers will be back any week now).

We also have a killer forward pack, the best no.9 in the game (Friend, IMO), one of the best halfbacks in the game Scott Prince. We also have the man who will likely win Dally M Rookie of the year in Kevin Gordon.

We are on fire at the moment, and we are showing every sign that we can and will win the Grand Final.

So how about some credit from media and commentators alike?

Are you serious? Was it the Footy Show who were going on about how good the Titans were travelling, and we constantly hear about their winning run at home.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Which is exactly why the Dogs are specials for the premiership :sarcasm:

Fraser

Big Timmy is upset no one is talking up his beloved Canterbury :(

I mean Bulldogs, Canterbury-Bankstown dont exist.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Where the f**k did I even remotely indicate I was upset? Back to Year 7 comprehension skills for you buddy...

Latest posts