What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Braith Anasta

m0j0

Bench
macavity said:
Dear Braith

Do 'Blue Steel' for us...

:lol:
Braith-anasta.jpg
Blue_Steel.JPG

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear Braith,

Would you like to make rep honours based on your performances and skills instead how you usally do, based on media hype?

Bumble

First Grade
JoeysChiropractor said:
Dear Braith,

If a club in the NRL was to represent ESL it would be Souths. Players go there to get a lot of money when their careers are going down. Look at all the 'former' representative players, and then look at how far off the pace they are.

Enjoy Origin 3 2005 because it will be your last if you go to Souths.

How many "former representitives" do we have?

Hegarty
Mad Dog (would have made reps if he wasn't always injured)
Fletch (still made reps at Souths)
Harrison (Making his debut in SOO next week...whilst playing for SOUTHS)
Cusack player CRL origin last year, but this year Ryles and Bailey were eligible so it's kind of unfair to blame Souths for him not making it again this year.

So really, the only rep who hasn't re-represented because of form is Hegs, and he didn't make rep with his last season at the Roosters either.

PS please come home Braith!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
how many of those players careers have kicked on since going to the death knell dunnies?

Players go there to get a fat pay before retiring.

izzo

Juniors
Harrisons careers kicked on
Mad Dog was set to be in origin contention last year but got injured
Geddes was in the NSW Squad last year but got injured

Bumble

First Grade
izzo said:
Harrisons careers kicked on
Mad Dog was set to be in origin contention last year but got injured
Geddes was in the NSW Squad last year but got injured

Correct on all accounts Izzo. Except for one detail, Geddes was in CONTENTION but was injured before the squads were picked.

Don't forget our 2 other props! Cusack is still solid and I've had Roosters supports tell me how good it is to see Scotty Logan playing great footy again...doesn't sound like they're struggling at all.

yobbo84

Coach
The fact of the matter is if Anasta comes home to Souths and kicks on he will be well respected. If he goes to the Roosters then well no one will really give a sh*t if he plays well or not (except us Souths fans).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes, unit, because Wests and Cronulla are full of Origin players... :lol:

Bumble

First Grade
Dodge said:
Geddes was in the Origin squad?

WTF?

:lol:

Sorry, I edited my post. Geddes was in contention (straight for Goulds mouth) but was the injured.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dodge, I'm not saying Sharks and Tigers are full of players, I'm just making an observation that players only go to souths for the same reason they go to england, to get a big paypacket before retiring

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:
*claps* well done.

idiot.

What? he makes a great point. It's hypocritical of you to say that Fletch etc came to us as a retirement fund, when you signed Scotty Sattler at the age of...32 wasn't it? albeit he played well, but so has Fletcher.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are many others for souths, compared to a few you name for the tigers.

Moodie had retired and come back for a season, and he played better than ever.

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:
Moodie had retired and come back for a season, and he played better than ever.

I don't think the players ability was what we were debating, but if you wanna go down that road than look no further than Fletcher.

He captained Souths, City and made NSW and Australia teams whilst here.