What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Braith Anasta

bulldog

Bench
sharks/rabbitohs said:
Aussie internationals and rep palyers not Kiwi and south would still be up like they where in 1999 but the league booted them out the league should give souths compensation

1995-18th
1996-19th
1997-11th
1998-18th
1999-12th

They weren't exactly up there were they, 12th was a good finish for them.

Mr Saab

Referee
sharks/rabbitohs said:
Aussie internationals and rep palyers not Kiwi and south would still be up like they where in 1999 but the league booted them out the league should give souths compensation

1999? they lost their last 7 games in a row. Souths were not up there

how can u say that they where only 8points off the 8 and starting to look good untill the league kicked him out and if all player came bak like wing,anaster player like that they will improve

Darth Bobo said:
Kiwi internationals don't count as rep players?!? If that's how Souths rate players then it's no wonder you've gotten so many spoons since re-entering the comp.

Get a clue mate.

He's not the sharpest tool.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Being a Bulldog fan, the last thing that I would want to see is Anasta at the Roosters. But if I was Braith, the Roosters would probably be my number 1 option...after the Bulldogs of course. From my understanding, Fittler is involved in coaching in some way...so Braith might be able to go there and learn some new ideas and further himself.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Whats the best thing for the game? Anasta at the Bunnies, with Orford.

A competetive Souths would be fantastic for the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
misty sounds like you are one of those people that say "If souths are going strong then league is going strong" Its the worst saying in league.
Souths have been poor the past 15 yrs and league was at is peak in 1994...then has been at that level and then some 2003-4-5.

gregstar

Referee
wouldn't you like to see souths successful again charlie?
don't you think their fans deserve success for sticking solid through such lean times?
i believe that's what misty means.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
sharks/rabbitohs said:
how can u say that they where only 8points off the 8 and starting to look good untill the league kicked him out and if all player came bak like wing,anaster player like that they will improve
8 points is 4 wins.
4 wins has been hard for souths to achieve in a season in the last 10 years, let alone at the end of a year to try and make the finals.

Do you get around in a special yellow bus?

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
wouldn't you like to see souths successful again charlie?
don't you think their fans deserve success for sticking solid through such lean times?
i believe that's what misty means.

i would like anasta and orford at the rabbits..i would like souths fans to see the rabbits in the semis ( i have friends that are sths fans )

But, i just hate the saying about sths being strong then league is strong.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Souths last premiership and grand final appearance was in 1971. They last made the finals in 1989.

The term "When Souths are strong, the league is strong" is a load of bullsh*t and can be debated strongly in every possible way.

Its just some dickhead Souths fan's comment to try and justify their sh*tty teams existence.

madunit said:
8 points is 4 wins.
4 wins has been hard for souths to achieve in a season in the last 10 years, let alone at the end of a year to try and make the finals.

Do you get around in a special yellow bus?

no but im guessing u do with a name like madnuit

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie, I'm not saying that at all. But as Gregstar suggests, what you you reckon would give the game a greatre buzz - seeing the Chooks make the final 4, or Souths?

It is plainly obvious that an underdog team, when it becomes sucessful, is a huge bonus for the comp. Reflect on North Queensland last September, Penrith the year before. whenever Wests are in the 8, the code buzzes with excitement.

Souths in the semis would be that rags to riches story that Aussies thrive on.

Or would you prefer to see Easts and Canterbury fight over endless salary cap breach fuelled grand finals?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to see teams that deserve to be in the finals. I find the game more entertaining when its a very even contest, less chance of a blowout score and crap footy.

Souths don't deserve to be there and haven't deserved to be there since the 80's. Underdog or not.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I would like to see teams that deserve to be in the finals. I find the game more entertaining when its a very even contest, less chance of a blowout score and crap footy.

Souths don't deserve to be there and haven't deserved to be there since the 80's. Underdog or not.

Dear Mr Einstein..

If Souths buy some quality players to compliment the ones they have, and make the semis by winning enough games, wouldn't they deserve to be there?

Or are they crap because you don't like their colours?,

Dog-E

Juniors
Go to Souths Braith....they NEED you!...And you playing for them would be GOOD for the game!...Whereas Ricky & the Roosters - Mate, face it - like Firman - you're just 'the flavour of the month' with that lot.

Also, you will go to Souths - with no hard feeligns whatsoever from any Dogs - or just about any other footy fan - but go to the Roosters - and get ab-so-lutely death ridden by all sundry - for the rest of your NRL career - guaranteed! - You think u knew peressure befoere?...Dude, u ain't seen NOTHIN' yet if u go to the Roosters!!

Bottom line , u can rest assured - The SECOND you display a run of poor form - you will have Brett Firman's jersey in the red white & blue reserves...Don't make a BIIIIIIIIIIIG career mistake here now, Braith!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many more players do they need to buy?

They have had very competitive looking teams on paper ever since being reinstated and all they have done is lost game after game.