What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Good, Carney gets his slap on the wrist, justice is served, lets move on.

Yes Manly fans, we all know Gallop is a two faced hypocritical wanker whose every move exists to satisfy the telecraps whinging. Apparently a rape charge or drink driving charge is only suspension worthy if the media is reeeeallly outraged. If Bourbon DUI Bec writes an article about Carney we could still see a 4 week suspension, don't worry.

PB

Bench
If this is the punishment thats fine Carney has his court issues to deal with, Gallop now needs to apologies to B.Stewart for suspending him when it was never proven Stewart was drunk by anyone in court. After all that was the reason he got suspended wasnt it Gallop.....disgusting!!

Just because something didn't get proven in court doesn't mean it didn't happen - maybe Gallop's investigations were more thorough and diligent than the poor excuse for a DA's arguements in court - but I think the Stewart case has been talked to death so lets move on.

If you want to draw inequalities in the punishment i draw you to this comment GAllop made today

A statement from NRL CEO David Gallop read:
"In this instance there is an advertent rather than deliberate element to his actions last Saturday morning but, nevertheless, Todd placed his safety and the safety of others at risk,'' Gallop said

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nk-driving-drama/story-e6frexnr-1226015306716

I give you Anthony Watmough
Did he get fined by the NRL for going 55 km/ per hour over the speed limit in actions that were deliberate and risked the safety of others?

Did Watmough get suspended like Stewart for his behaviour at the same function as Stewart was suspended for drunken inapropriate behaviour? - just a fine i think

Did Watmough get the same punishment as Latu when he "alegedly" smacked down on a female?

This guy is a serial offender, a state and national rep player and he dodges bullet after bullet after bullet...

SoftSydney

Juniors
Just because something didn't get proven in court doesn't mean it didn't happen - maybe Gallop's investigations were more thorough and diligent than the poor excuse for a DA's arguements in court - but I think the Stewart case has been talked to death so lets move on.

If you want to draw inequalities in the punishment i draw you to this comment GAllop made today

I give you Anthony Watmough
Did he get fined by the NRL for going 55 km/ per hour over the speed limit in actions that were deliberate and risked the safety of others?

Did Watmough get suspended like Stewart for his behaviour at the same function as Stewart was suspended for drunken inapropriate behaviour? - just a fine i think

Did Watmough get the same punishment as Latu when he "alegedly" smacked down on a female?

This guy is a serial offender, a state and national rep player and he dodges bullet after bullet after bullet...

I think everyone over reacts when it comes to players, they read the hype from bec and buz and want to hang them. If Watmough did 55km over the speed limit let the law handle it and leave it at that!!

^_^

Juniors
The only response i can think of to your last point is out of Watmough & Carney's traffic violations (both serious) Carney is the only one facing the possibility of jail time....but then again the NRL are just sh*t at being consistent with their punishment so who knows

giggity giggity

Juniors
Was it not gallop that stated when reinstating his registration
with the N.R.L. last year after being de-registered by the N.R.L.
for NUMEROUS ALCOHOL RELATED CRIMES AND CONVICTIONS
that if mr carney were to re-offend and bring the game into disrepute
he (gallop)could not guarantee that he would not be deregistered again
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:roll:
All these gooster fans standing up for him are the minority and it
is very funny to read them justify his actions.:lol:

While I feel carney got off lightly by the N.R.L. ,I think carney
has a bigger challange ahead in the courts,because the judge
who banned him from golbourn(which is in N.S.W.)Stated that if mr carney where to have another alcohol related incident,he would most definitely
serve gaol time:shock:

Us the majority can only hope that the presiding judge in his case
has some how been affect by a drink driver,then and only then will
we have a true outcome without nick(the octopuss)pollitis having his
tenacles all over it .:p

Eion

First Grade
Eg 1) Gallen 'allegedly' calls paea a black merkin - NRL issues $10,000 fine.

Eg 2) Dean Young 'allegedly' calls dean young a fuggen Mediterranean Descendant - NRL happy with no action.

Eg 3) Carney caught drink driving and with his rap sheet - NRL happy with $10,000 fine.

Bunch of fuggen clowns.

And I wonder if Carney's legal defence team will be paid for by the rorters and if that's included in the cap. Actually, that's easy ... it will... and it won't.

Lambretta

First Grade
Mate Gallop was the one spinning rubbish, thats my point. Gallop used the fact he was reported as being drunk to suspend him. Show me where Gallop stated he was sat down becuase of the sexual assault charge you muppet. If the real reason was due to the charge then every "alleged" case in future would require the same punishment without even being proven.

The NRL stood Brett Stewart down for being drunk at an offical function as other players had been allowed to play whilst court matters were pending.

The court matter pending was not for consumption of alcohol at a club function it was for alleged rape.

Courts dont imprison people for low range DUI - they suspend licences if warranted.

The best you can hope for is that Todd loses his licence, cant find a cab, cant get a lift and lives too far from the ground to walk.

If all those happen, yes, there's a chance he will miss a game.

mrpwnd

Bench

Eg 2) Dean Young 'allegedly' calls dean young a fuggen Mediterranean Descendant - NRL happy with no action.

Eg 3) Carney caught drink driving and with his rap sheet - NRL happy with $10,000 fine.

Bunch of fuggen clowns.

And I wonder if Carney's legal defence team will be paid for by the rorters and if that's included in the cap. Actually, that's easy ... it will... and it won't.
Yep, we should just give every single player a lifetime ban and jail time for every stupid moment they come across.:crazy:

f**king tool.

Eion

First Grade
Yep, we should just give every single player a lifetime ban and jail time for every stupid moment they come across.:crazy:

f**king tool.
Read it again you f**king genius. Give yourself a lifetime ban. The NRL inconsistency is the point.

edabomb

First Grade

Bunch of fuggen clowns.

Can't see what grounds the NRL would have to punish a player for hurling insults at the mirror.

Eion

First Grade
Can't see what grounds the NRL would have to punish a player for hurling insults at the mirror.
hahaha - make that robbie farah.

No - gallen hadn't admitted to anything when the nrl fined him.

And tonearm, don't call me sweety unless you're prepared to follow through ;-)

CMUX

All these gooster fans standing up for him are the minority and it
is very funny to read them justify his actions.

While I feel carney got off lightly by the N.R.L. ,I think carney
has a bigger challange ahead in the courts,because the judge
who banned him from golbourn(which is in N.S.W.)Stated that if mr carney where to have another alcohol related incident,he would most definitely
serve gaol time

Are you geniused? We are not standing up for or defending his actions, we are simply arguing what the correct punishment should be.
I don’t think the judge did say that. I believe he said “there is a real possibility of jail time” or something to that effect.

What punishment would suit you here? 15 years in a maximum security prison? The issue is over, he will face court and be punished appropriately yet morons like you want to keep talking about this as if it’s the crime of the century.

giggity giggity

Juniors
CMUX you are standing up/defending him you fuggin moron(see i insult to)
in regards to "whats the correct punnishment "iam pretty
sure gallop last year stated what his punnishment would
be if he re-offended,but you guys want to change the rules
to suit yourselves,typical roosters(remember the roosters "we want salary cap concessions for living in the eastern suburbs lol):roll:

no one that i have seen or spoken to have refered to this
as the crime of the century ,just you rooster fans crying ,
no body likes me,everybody hates me think i'll go eat worms
what the majority of league lovin fans want is consistency
and for the N.R.L. to stand by their word (regarding carney):(

in relation to wheather a judge said"real possibility" or "most definately"
is irrelavant ,the message from the judge was fug up again and there
will be no more slaps on the hands,probation,fines or community service
but a gaol sentence:shock:

until my next post "SEE YA genius":p

CMUX

CMUX you are standing up/defending him you fuggin moron(see i insult to)
in regards to "whats the correct punnishment "iam pretty
sure gallop last year stated what his punnishment would
be if he re-offended,but you guys want to change the rules
to suit yourselves,typical roosters(remember the roosters "we want salary cap concessions for living in the eastern suburbs lol)

no one that i have seen or spoken to have refered to this
as the crime of the century ,just you rooster fans crying ,
no body likes me,everybody hates me think i'll go eat worms
what the majority of league lovin fans want is consistency
and for the N.R.L. to stand by their word (regarding carney)

in relation to wheather a judge said"real possibility" or "most definately"
is irrelavant ,the message from the judge was fug up again and there
will be no more slaps on the hands,probation,fines or community service
but a gaol sentence

until my next post "SEE YA genius"

A simple yes to my question would have sufficed... you are geniused.