What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

registering in excess of 0.05 for the average male occurs after 1 schooner of full strength beer.

1 standard drink is about 300 mills of full strength beer and that's what it takes to reach 0.05

So Todd Carney exceeded the drink driving limit by the sum total of LESS than one schooner of beer - which was probably drunk the night before. Had his meeting been 90 minutes later he wouldn't have regisitered a thing.

It takes 1 full hour for one middy of beer to leave the system completely.

So a 6 hour sleep will usually mean that anyone who drank say 5 or 6 schooners between 10pm and midnight and then went to bed is bordering on being over the limit at 6am the next day. Respect for the law has little to do with it. I hope that puts it in a little more perspective for you Skeep.

Thanks for clarifying he was pissed as a skunk the night before.

Looks like he has been rehabilitated....:lol:

Lambretta

First Grade
I have emailed David Gallop and I encourage others to do the same.

The stench of fear just rolls off you doesn't it?

I wonder how many times you've bad mouthed David Gallop in these forums and the first chance you get, you're in his in box begging for help.

No one is saying this is Todd's first offence. We're merely saying that this is more likely to be an honest mistake rather than a deliberate attempt at f**kwittery. Unlike your post.

Yes he deserves his licence taken away and he'll be fined by the club and will no doubt do some community service stuff. Jail time, bans from football, points deductions for the Roosters are all highly unlikely so stop creaming your pants.

Eels Dude

Coach
If you had a 0 limit would you drive the following morning at 7am after night on the cans?

Who knows how much he had, he could have just had a few but due to being off the wagon so long just a few is enough to take him well over the limit without realising it.

0.052 is pretty bad when the legal limit is 0.00 I would have thought.

People say that it's not that bad because if he were fully licensed he'd be fine, but he's not fully licensed. That is the point everyone seems to be overlooking. Carney clearly has no respect for the law.

The charge would be the same if he had his full licence as 0.052 is still over the limit for a fully licenced driver. So are you saying it would be ok if he had his full licence? If so where do you personally draw the line?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
registering in excess of 0.05 for the average male occurs after 1 schooner of full strength beer.

1 standard drink is about 300 mills of full strength beer and that's what it takes to reach 0.05

So Todd Carney exceeded the drink driving limit by the sum total of LESS than one schooner of beer - which was probably drunk the night before. Had his meeting been 90 minutes later he wouldn't have regisitered a thing.

It takes 1 full hour for one middy of beer to leave the system completely.

So a 6 hour sleep will usually mean that anyone who drank say 5 or 6 schooners between 10pm and midnight and then went to bed is bordering on being over the limit at 6am the next day. Respect for the law has little to do with it. I hope that puts it in a little more perspective for you Skeep.

But he was over the limit when he got caught? Not sure what point you are trying to make?

black cat

Juniors
A club may not be responsible for a player's individual behavior. But a club has a culture, developed over many years. And if that culture allows players to defecate in corridors, assault women, take old ladies valium, suspiciously lose a game after leading by 16 at halftime, and go DUI (and the coach to get pissed the night before a game) without consequence then the NRL has to step in and punish the club suitably.

This post is hilarious.Don't you love it when kids post things without knowing their own clubs history.Now let me see...
Defacating in motels,suspiciously losing games,drunken fights,allegations of drug use and threats with guns, where have i heard all this before?
Oh thats right you work it out big sammy boy.

If you want to dig you'll find all clubs have a history.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thanks for clarifying he was pissed as a skunk the night before.

Looks like he has been rehabilitated....:lol:

No, the point I was making is that there is a strong chance you will be over the limit early the next morning even if you WEREN'T badly drunk the night before.

This is where most people can get caught out and Todd being caught can highlight this.

Most people do not realise how LITTLE it takes to be over the limit or how LONG it takes for relatively small amounts of alcohol to leave your system.

Eels Dude

Coach
Lol @ the Carney apologists.

All acting like it's his first offence.

"How unlucky it's not his go......" :lol:

I have emailed David Gallop and I encourage others to do the same.

This is the type of bad publicity that has derailed the start of NRL campaigns before.

Time for idiot repeat offenders to go on a long holiday!

People like you over-reacting is the reason why the media have a field day and continually make such a big deal of these 'off field dramas'. They do it because they know people like you will read and take notice and give it publicity when it's just a nothing story.

Iafeta

Referee
Hmm no big deal in my opinion. He was just over the limit. A lot of people say there's no excuse for drink driving etc, but for everyone saying that do you carry around a portable breathalyzer to make sure if you do have one beer you're definitely under the limit, or if you have half a dozen do you use your portable breathalyzer the following morning to make sure you're under the limit? If not, then how are you to know you've not done the same thing? Is 0.052 that much worse than 0.049?

His limit is 0.00. His limit is not 0.05. He is a provisionally licensed driver. He has already been disqualified from driving in the past.

AuDragon

Juniors
No, the point I was making is that there is a strong chance you will be over the limit early the next morning even if you WEREN'T badly drunk the night before.

This is where most people can get caught out and Todd being caught can highlight this.

Most people do not realise how LITTLE it takes to be over the limit or how LONG it takes for relatively small amounts of alcohol to leave your system.
If he was caught with .052 at 7 am, providing he didn't have a couple for breakfast, he was very drunk the night before!
This from a guy with his form, and after he vowed to abstain from drinking, doesn't strike you as absolutely geniused? :sarcasm:

I just hope he didn't drive home last night... :crazy:

Lambretta

First Grade
But he was over the limit when he got caught? Not sure what point you are trying to make?

Then I would suggest you are being deliberately obtuse as the point is patently clear even to the dullest of intellects.

Being over the limit by the total of one schooner the morning after isn't a hanging offence, and most of us would have done this inadvertently at some time or another.

I remember having a few drinks with a mate one night, nothing major, just wine and beers after dinner. As I was clearly over the limit I decided to crash at his house. In the morning I drove home and got stopped for a breath test. I didn't have a hangover, I didn't feel rough, I felt pretty much normal. A bit tired was all. If you'd asked me what my alcohol reading was, I'd have put hand on heart and sworn I registered 0.00

I registered 0.04 - as a full licence holder I escaped caution but I was astounded I registered anything. There was no intent to drink drive, I had done everything in my power not to and had acted with good intentions. Yet a couple more schooners the night before and I would have been gone.

Alcohol takes longer to leave the system that people think and being over the limit, especially a zero limit for P platers, can be achieved very, very easily and without intent.

Lambretta

First Grade
If he was caught with .052 at 7 am, providing he didn't have a couple for breakfast, he was very drunk the night before!
This from a guy with his form, and after he vowed to abstain from drinking, doesn't strike you as absolutely geniused? :sarcasm:

I just hope he didn't drive home last night... :crazy:

I hope he didn't drive home the night before as well, but trust me, you don't have to be absolutely legless the night before to drink drive the following morning. It's very easily done.

But agreed it doesn't sound good after his decision to abstain from drinking.

PS. Nice avatar.

Iafeta

Referee
In isolation, you could make some defence for Carney. Two points though. Carney has NO allowances for alcohol in the analysis. That's his legal requirement. Secondly, this is not an isolated offence. He has already been disqualified for driving.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Carney's thick as two planks of wood. Being .052 at 7am on your P's when it should be 0.00 is just :crazy:.

Lambretta

First Grade
In isolation, you could make some defence for Carney. Two points though. Carney has NO allowances for alcohol in the analysis. That's his legal requirement. Secondly, this is not an isolated offence. He has already been disqualified for driving.

Yes, which is why he will lose his driving licence as is right and just.

People need to be aware of the effects of alcohol over the long term and "thinking" you're ok to drive is no defence.

Football players are no more free to dodge driving bans as anyone else and I fully expect Todd to lose his licence and for some extended period.

lol all the wankers come out from the woods whenever a footy player slips up, no wonder the Telecrap has a market for reporting the most minute of incidents when the average league fan overreeacts like this.

to_ddeath

Coach
Well well well.....look at the Rorters fans backpedalling all over the place on here now....
Looks like he can't use the "Goulburn" excuse this time :lol:

T.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
lol all the wankers come out from the woods whenever a footy player slips up, no wonder the Telecrap has a market for reporting the most minute of incidents when the average league fan overreeacts like this.
The telecrap won't have a field day over Carney. He's their Dally M winner and their countless 'reformed' stories about him last year sold a lot of papers for them.

Not a fan of comicbook arms but talk of anything else other than what the courts dish out to him is all that he deserves in this case. To maintain face the roosters will fine him a small amount which will be reimbursed to him in another way (a method all clubs use).

H.H

Juniors
The Taylor/Fa'alogo dust-up aside, what other major off-field incidents have Souths players been involved in, in the last 10 years that have brought shame on the code?

And sure, my opinion on the Roosters indescretions is clouded somewhat by the fact that I am a Souths supporter, but Blind Freddy himself could see that this club has a culture problem that has not been sorted despite changes in CEO and coach. So since slaps on the wrist from the NRL won't solve the problem, points deductions must be considered. These frequent and incessant incidents heap as much shame and embarassment on the code as any salary cap rort has.
OK.

Didn't Fa'alogo belt a member of the public in the US on their ill fated trip before the 2008 season?

I seem to also remember Chris Sandow threatening a Hotel owner with fireams in 2010.