What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Frank Grimes said:
I can't speak for broncodroid, but I'm guessing his issue with carney and bird relates to the fact that they are serial offenders. Carney in particular. So unless you can show us evidence of Lockyer tackling bar managers before 2008, then your point just comes across as particularly anti-broncos. Especially considering you were the one who mentioned them first.

My problem IS the serial offenders that continue to be a blight on OUR game e.g. Todd Carney and Greg Bird. Quigs apparently has an issue with my club and is turning this now in to a Bronco thing given I support the club. I don't throw rocks in glass houses, I have a real problem with a tool like Todd Carney who is living the dream (in some eyes anyway) yet continually he chooses to screw it up by placing himself and his club at the time in situations that can be, and should be, avoided.

Does anyone think Steve Noyce is dismissing this as a "boys will be boys" incident? Do we think NOyce will just let this be swept under the carpet? I can't be certain, though I'd like to think this moron will be at the very least reprimanded - at best, IMO - removed from the game. Enough is enough. Throw the book at him. F%$#, make an example of him. If you have umpteen chances and still f^%$ it up, I have no sympathy for you.

Are we asking too much? I don't think so.

"You don't need a long neck to be a goose" - Carney, Bird and now Quigs confirm this.

adamkungl

Immortal
But they are in most cases , how many kids do you see running around playing footy/cricket/AFL etc pretending to be one of their favourite players.

Most sport stars are looked up to. If thats right or wrong is up to the individual.

Note the bolded part...they are PLAYING FOOTY pretending to be their favourite player. How many kids do you see having a beer because their favourite player does?

No matter which way you spin it, this 'role model' business is a complete and utter crock of sh*t. The behaviour of footy players has no effect whatsoever on children. At all. Ever. Never will.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
If your kids are looking up to football players as role-models that's your stupid f**king fault as a parent.

Sums it up perfectly.

Kids can have their sporting heroes, but as role models?

Hell no - that's part and parcel of being a parent. Parenting for Dummies 101 right there.

Kids should be mimicking what a Darren Lockyer, Greg Inglis, Joey Johns etc do on the field whilst playing in the back yard, not what they do off it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves and most likely is yet to enjoy parenthood IMO.

Raider_69

Post Whore
TC Sweep

Roosters Season Launch date - Godz Illa
January 15th - Liam
January 26th - BrisVegas
January 28th - Sir Biffo
February 8th - Marshall_Magic
February 14th - bartman
February 22nd - Mickyd39
February 23rd - Phillips
February 28th - LeagueNut
March 1st - God-King-Dean
March 3rd - Alex28
March 5th - Tiger Tim
March 6th - m0nty
March 7th - Aussie 1st
March 8th - Rogue.9
March 12th - Raider_69
March 14th - Babyface O'Reilly
March 20th - Dogz08
March 21st - KeepingTheFaith
March 27th - Raiders Premiers
April 1st - Bluesbreaker
April 2nd - Fein
April 6th - Mr Saab
April 11th - Chook Norris
April 22nd - Nth Qld Raider
April 24th - LESStar58
April 25th - Loudstrat
May 3rd - Echo-The-Tiger
May 22nd - RHYTHM AND STEALTH (Weekend of rd 11)
May 25th - Raidersareawesome
May 31st - Rhino NQ
June 16th - Dutchy
June 23rd - Baron Vo Mandor
July 15th - Russell Crowe's Band
July 31st - Non Terminator
August 4th - Johns Magic
Augest 7th - Bobby DIGital
August 24th - The Joey Show
September 10 - SOULS O4
NO CHARGES ALL YEAR - Mr Angry

So mimicking them whilst playing in the backyard isnt been a role model.
But if they mimick them lighting farts it is?

As a parent you allow them to see what part of been a good role model.

I'll use f*kwits like TC as prime examples of what NOT to be like.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
it's a difficult part of where a 'role model' begins and ends. kiki is right that rightly or wrongly they do get seen as rolemodels by kids, however i think parents need to take responsibility to say to their kids theres a difference between being a good player and being a dickhead off the field.

personally i elieve that being good at whatever profession you are in doesnt mean you have to be a role model. some professions have higher ethics though but its become skewed so sports stars have to be on better behaviour than pollies and thats so backwards its not funny..

sydraider

First Grade
Straight after rd 6, he will be hankering to play the raiders and if they get up he will get on it and the rest of the story tells itself.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Put me down for Mad Monday for the Roosters (I suspect that will be around the 6th Sept for the Roosters)

Charlie124

First Grade
I have a question about the TC sweep, is it just an off field scandal/story in the papers or does he need to be charged by police for a proven offence?

If its just a matter of hearing his name mentioned in the news for possibley doing something then put me down for March 29th, but if he needs to be officially charged/arrested then put me down for Not all year

fred92

Juniors
No they shouldn't be allowed to be dickheads,there footballers and role models.They should obviously know everything they do wrong will get found out.These 'Dickheads' who cant handle the turps need to stop and then we wouldn't need these threads every 2 weeks.

Yes if they can enjoy a drink like the majority thats fine. Theres a diffrence between fun ,beers and sex and setting your friends on fire,sh*tting in halls and drink driving etc.
Thank's for your wise input Reverend Sam.