What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

El Diablo

Post Whore
the druggies at 7 have been lieing as usual

they even got some nameless folk to make up bullsh*t

then again 7 chain old ladies up for ratings. pity they got busted for that too

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/carneys-mate-hoses-down-burning-issue-20100106-lucy.html

Carney's mate hoses down burning issue
January 7, 2010

Todd Carney's mate, who was treated in hospital for burns on New Year's Day after what the troubled Sydney Roosters star claims was a practical joke gone wrong, has leapt to the defence of the 23-year-old playmaker. Brad Smith, who was celebrating the end of last year with Carney and other friends at Airlie Beach when he was set alight and received burns to his buttocks, yesterday issued a statement to Channel Nine to put an end to the issue that has sparked questions about whether the former representative star has reformed himself after being sacked by the Raiders in 2008. ''I just want to set the record straight about the media reporting going on,'' Smith said. ''I was away at Airlie Beach with a few mates including Todd. We were all performing pranks and mucking about and in the process I received a burn to my backside. While a bit painful it was nowhere near as severe as has been reported and I hold no grudge against Todd or any of my other mates. This has been blown way out of proportion.'' Roosters officials are due to provide the NRL with a report on their investigations into the incident but Carney is unlikely to face any action from the club.

Quigs

Immortal
Gee wizz willickers........

So it was a prank after all.

So it was all blown out of proportion.

So the recipient of the burns reckons the media beat up is a load of crap.

What was it ..... Carney sets man on fire. (oh and companion / companions)

I hope poor Jenny (7's shattered witness) can mentally recover from her witnessing of this horrific incident.

Thank god for Channel 7 letting the world and all of us in here know all about the evils of Carney (oh and companion/s) setting fire to poor defenseless Smithy.

Anyone in here who went "deep end" calling for dickhead Carney to be drawn and quartered are welcome to continue their campaign of cleaning up the league by trial by media, just continue making entries below.

I for one are waiting for your responces.

Cheers
Quigs

I hope poor Jenny (7's shattered witness) can mentally recover from her witnessing of this horrific incident.

Thank god for Channel 7 letting the world and all of us in here know all about the evils of Carney (oh and companion/s) setting fire to poor defenseless Smithy.

Anyone in here who went "deep end" calling for dickhead Carney to be drawn and quartered are welcome to continue their campaign of cleaning up the league by trial by media, just continue making entries below.

Cheers
Quigs

So when does 7 issue an apology?:sarcasm:My club's still waiting on one from Magnay and the Herald after their match fixing report.

Quigs

Immortal
I am gobsmacked...

Give the little merkin a f**king stint in the big house to sort him out. Gallop has to step in, show some leadership and ban him FOR LIFE after this!

Here's one for you.

Responce Mr LESSstar.

Has Gallop stepped in yet and banned dickhead Carney for life yet.

Go you good thing LESS,

Cheers
Quigs

Geohood

Bench
I like how everyone thinks the worst straight away. Sure Carney's friends MAY be a bit of a bad influence and he may be a bit of a dickhead sometimes.. but as long as he dosen't do anything major we as fans need to be resillient before the media gets its way.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
I like how everyone thinks the worst straight away. Sure Carney's friends MAY be a bit of a bad influence and he may be a bit of a dickhead sometimes.. but as long as he dosen't do anything major we as fans need to be resillient before the media gets its way.

Everyone doesn't Geohood.

It's just the moronic, politically correct, loud mouthed morons that love to instantaneously respond to the nonevent world shattering news - accepting it word for word, or if not, filling in the missing spaces with what they think the rest of us normal people want them to tell us.

These people should see the world as it is and not through their eyes. It's a big place and a lot goes on.

Re Carney - he went away with his mates, probably alley catting and looking for a great NYE week. Good luck to the dickhead, I hope he kicked quite a few goals while he was away.

I know I visited Arlie a couple of months back -stayed overnight. As I said to my mate as we dined in the beergarden and watched the band, "If only I was 30 years younger I could be dangerous."

Narrrrrrrrhhhhhhh good luck to him and his mates, hope he gets to go away over Easter too.

My tip .... Mad Monday, pencil me in who is doing the sweep.

Cheers
Quigs

El Diablo

Post Whore

Cheers
Quigs

someone should write to ACMA http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/aba/co...0-commercial_tv_industry_code_of_practice.pdf

r0s8j9.jpg

Jeff L

Juniors
I've actually seen this happen.

It was the same sort of stupidity, lighting farts. It was all fun until this bloke pulled down his shorts and his underpants! Big mistake. He burned all the hair of his arse, his nuts and his thighs. Much the same as this bloke.

The victim was a willing participent in this, Carney was just the innocent igniter.

If the bloke hadn't dropped his underpants this wouldn't have happened.:crazy:

Chachi

Bench
By who the media? you are shifting your parenting duties Chachi over to a sportstar mate.

* sportstars are role models on the field.
* parents are role models at home(well they f**king well should be)

If thats not the case then i believe you have fallen into the Media trap and are trying to shift parenting duties
You get chosen by whatever kid/teenager/adult chooses you.

Nobody can dictate to another person who their role model should or should not be. It's a phenomenon called "free will".

I really couldn't care less that Todd Carney burnt his mates ballsack. It's bloody boring.

What I do find humorous is the fact that a bloke who's only genuine opportunity in life (given he's as dumb as a post), is to play first grade footy and yet he risks that just to have a laugh setting fire to one of his mates. Don't know about you, but I call that f**king stupid.

He's being watched like a Hawk by the media...if he hasn't figured out that one yet he gets what he deserves IMO.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Why should footy players have to suffer for other peoples decisions to have them as a role model?

f**king parasites.

Can't wait for the day when all players do a Darius Boyd.

Its the parents of these kids that buy the merchandise , season tickets etc. if all players did a Boyd the game would die.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, no it wouldn't.

People watch the game.

And anyone who cares what players do with their personal lives is a loser.

Chachi

Bench
Why should footy players have to suffer for other peoples decisions to have them as a role model?

f**king parasites.

Can't wait for the day when all players do a Darius Boyd.
Who cares? It's just the way it is. I'm not saying they should be role models...many of them are complete dickheads.

If they don't like the media attention and being called role models then maybe they can piss off and push trolleys for a career.

Bring on the footy.

matt

Juniors
Darius,Man that bloke knows how to raise the finger,I used to not like him all that much but after that brilliant display of Get f**ked he rocketed up my Role Model stakes..

matt

Juniors
Son,Your bretty boy was harrased by the new breed of imbocile that bait blokes and video tapes them being normal,dont worry mate News limited are moving on to greener pastures,Now get your old man a beer,and stop watching that Emo crap.

Edit that i thought you said Brett seymour.

Last edited:

Latest posts