What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

scottyeel

Bench
Geez that will be a waste of a great career, another couple of years and would have had the world at his feet.

LESStar58

Referee
El Diablo said:
He could consider a career in the AFL. these kind of incidents happen every second day there.

Nah... too much natural ability and athleticism for that game.

An41

Juniors
Good player but such a stupid thing to do. If you want to race or do burnouts todd take it to wakefield.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Dumb.

There's no other word for it.

Canberra has already given him a chance after getting done for burnouts in Goulburn so "if guilty" could be the end of him.
What sort of "mate" is Steve Irwin letting him get behind the wheel. Fkn idiots.

miccle

Bench
scottyj said:
Not all humans are stupid. And not all players get in trouble.

Miccle - players arent super...or above us all...they have faults

I'm not saying they don't have faults. But repeated offences when you have the world at your feet and everything available to help you if you DO have a geniune problem.. that is stupidity. There's no other way of putting it.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Given that he seems to have been arrested behind the wheel, following a police chase, I find it difficult to apprehend how he could not be guilty. Hope there's some sort of explanation that will at least partially exonerate him, but I'm not expecting it. At this stage, you'd have to say it was over for him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
what sort of a mate is irwin, knowing he was no licensed, he let him get behind the wheel, class act all around. f**king wankers

ShadesOfTheSun said:
Given that he seems to have been arrested behind the wheel, following a police chase, I find it difficult to apprehend how he could not be guilty. Hope there's some sort of explanation that will at least partially exonerate him, but I'm not expecting it. At this stage, you'd have to say it was over for him.

He actually handed himself into police.

I dont think it should or will be the end of his career even if he does go to Jail.

he is 20 years old , that doesnt excuse his behaviour at all but it is way too early to throw him on the scrap heap.

if he is found guilty ( a pretty small 'if' ) he should be made to undergo some sort of rehabilitation aswell as going to Jail , he clearly has a problem with cars.

innsaneink

Referee
aids said:
Carney > Tigers

woohoo.gif

Raider_69

Post Whore
before we start speculating on where todd will be going, lets wait and see if the raiders sack him, we seem to have a fair few blokes with a bad rap, so we might not even sack him

consider he has just brought a new house in canberra, will be close to his family and friends, so he'll be doing his best to try and convince the club not to sack him

Matt23

Staff member
I doubt the Raiders will let go off such a talented player, I mean the Dragons stood by Naiqama through all his stupidity, so why would the Raiders let him go to another team.

Latest posts