What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Late Now, We're Suing The Storm

Perth Red

Post Whore
See this is the sh1t that fills the paper at a time we should have headlines about the great attacking abilities of the two Gf teams, all because some numpty wants 5minutes of fame.

Having said that at least the NRL judiciary has the balls to ban a high profile player for a GF. Leeds winger Lee Smith carried out a vicious stomp on Phil Bailey's face in the SL semi and despite being found guilty on a charge that carries a 4 match suspension he was only fined 300quid and no ban meaning he is free to play in the SL GF!

Stained_Class

Juniors
Status of the match should have absolutely no bearing on the penalty. Smith isn't the first player to miss the ultimate match due to stupidity on his own part.

El Diablo

Post Whore
See this is the sh1t that fills the paper at a time we should have headlines about the great attacking abilities of the two Gf teams, all because some numpty wants 5minutes of fame.

blame Wally and Bellamy. an apology would've seen this matter settled but they have refused to give one

bartman

Immortal
Or all because two numpties chose to have a public whinge and cry when they should have just copped their medicine sweet...

P.J.

Juniors
totally right Perth Reds. If I ran the game I would have Perth and Central Coast in the comp next year (actually I would never have punted them) with a vision for Adelaide and a 20th team from Sunshine Coast or NSW Country.

I'd rip the News Ltd funding out of Melbourne, if they cannot survive without it, then they shouldn't be there. It's not a level playing field, when News Ltd papers are spraying Sydney clubs cause they "cant afford" to compete with the new pokies tax, while they are pouring millions every season into a lost cause.

News Ltd are stupid, that's fine by me, it's their money they are wasting but it drives me nuts the hypocrisy of the situation when the Storm loses 4.5 million a season....

Get Perth back, get the Bears back, get Adelaide back, we need to reclaim the game. The TV rights, negotiated by NRL (News Ltd) with Foxtel (News Ltd) are a joke. They gave themselves a hell of a family discount there, that's the reason clubs cant survive, they are getting shortchanged while News Ltd rake in the profits.

Make me NRL CEO, i'll fix the game within 2 seasons to the best it's ever been......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pointless exercise, nobody knows the who is on the judiciary anyway and as he wasn't named individually it has hardly discredited him as an individual.
Apparently all three members of judiciary are suing the Storm.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Mate, you've got one c**k in the eye Mr Grimy.
How would you feel if the cops pulled you over when they've let go 10 cars before you go over the speed limit?
Thats the analogy i would like to use with the Cameron Smith situation.
Wouldn't you like an explanation from the police too?

It reeks of double standards.

You are an idiot.

This is the same victim crap that Cameron Smith and Co have been spouting ever since he was charged for that horrendous tackle. And this justifies making outlandish and defamatory remarks about the judiciary?

Suddenly Melbourne are above the law.

Shorty

Staff member
Mate, you've got one c**k in the eye Mr Grimy.
How would you feel if the cops pulled you over when they've let go 10 cars before you go over the speed limit?
Thats the analogy i would like to use with the Cameron Smith situation.
Wouldn't you like an explanation from the police too?

It reeks of double standards.
:lol::lol:
So...by this logic it's not only the fault judiciary for policing an illegal tackle,but apparently now breaking the law can be completely validated because other people have gotten away with it.

Ok,Cloud and other apologists for that matter - How about you use that one next time you get pulled over?
Please,record the whole thing for me.

Consistency is worthy about being whinged at,but not to the extent that it has gone to this level - That has completely side stepped the fact that what he did was wrong.

Shorty

Staff member
That's another gem,Frank.
LOL Where are all the intelligent Mexicans?

Shorty

Staff member
That's all Smith is really asking, he has already said he will cop the two weeks.
Yes but he has taken it too far.
Calling for consistency shouldn't go on for two weeks with cries of being singled out.
At this stage,it looks like Cameron Smith is angry at the NRL and judiciary for charging him,and not at himself for making such a tackle.

In terms of consistency,Manly and L'estrange have more reason to complain about it.

Meth

Staff member
I am sure every player from every team that has been justifiably punished at the judiciary could point to an example of a player committing an indiscretion similar or worse and escaping punishment.

El Diablo

Post Whore
NRL Judiciary members confirm legal action against Melbourne Storm

Source: Fox Sports News

melbourne_belle

Juniors
That's another gem,Frank.
LOL Where are all the intelligent Mexicans?
:crazy: right here :lol:

All of this carrying on is getting stale. Yes the tackle was atrocious, yes it warrants a two week suspension, no the judiciary is not constant.

No amount of bitching and moaning from anyone is going to change the fact that we will be without Cam on Sunday and although it is unfortunate we need to move on. We are in the GF again damn it, lets get behind out team and support them all the way through instead of fighting with one eyed Northerners who wont listen anyway.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24435462-5003409,00.html

NRL judiciary members to sue Craig Bellamy, Brian Waldron

Barry Dick | October 02, 2008 12:55pm

THE NRL judiciary panel will go ahead with threats to sue Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy and CEO Brian Waldron for defamation. NRL chief executive David Gallop confirmed the legal action.

"I have spoken with (judiciary chairman) Greg Woods and members of the panel today," Gallop said. "They are not satisfied with the state of play and have indicated they wish to commence legal action against Craig Bellamy and Brian Waldron.

"The NRL has made its position clear by imposing a record ($50,000) fine but the individuals feel they have no alternative but to commence action.

Bellamy and Walsron used the post-match media conference after last week's preliminary final win over Cronulla to laucn an extraordinary attack on the judiciary panel over the handling of the Cameron Smith suspension.

Bellamy has offered a partial apology but says he has no regrets for the outburst.

sting

Bench
Members of the NRL Judiciary Panel will take unprecedented action against the Melbourne Storm by commencing legal action against coach Craig Bellamy and chief executive Brian Waldron.
"I have spoken with Greg Woods and members of the panel today," said NRL boss David Gallop.
"They are not satisfied with the state of play and have indicated they wish to commence legal action against Craig Bellamy and Brian Waldron.
"The NRL has made its position clear by imposing a record fine but the individuals feel they have no alternative but to commence action."
The move follows comments from Bellamy following the suspension of team captain Cam Smith for a grapple tackle on Brisbane's Sam Thaiday.
Bellamy had suggested that bookmakers were also involved in the decision, flirting with a link between the judiciary and the setting up of a market by bookmakers on the probability of Smith being suspended.
"The other thing that was very smelly about the whole lot was when I saw in the paper on Wednesday morning and there's a betting market - $1.18 he's going to be found guilty, $4.25 he'll be found innocent," the Storm coach revealed.
"That's a fair spread in a two horse race… Bookmakers and betting agencies, they don't guess, they've got good information - take that as you may."
The panel members behind the decision the suspend Smith were Royce Ayliffe, Darryl Williams and Darren Britt.
Yesterday, upon the Storm's arrival in Sydney ahead of Sunday's grand final Bellamy refused to apologise for his comments for which Melbourne was fined $50,000.
At the same time, judiciary member Williams warned that a legal battle was imminent.
"I've been defamed and I'm not happy about it," Williams told News Limited

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=640548

wow so they're actually going to do it?