What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 35 is up

hindy111

Post Whore
Moi Moi maybe could be used as a wide runner in his secod stint.But he doesnt realy have the balls skills to play 50 mins out there.... Perhaps the last 15??

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Moi Moi maybe could be used as a wide runner in his secod stint.But he doesnt realy have the balls skills to play 50 mins out there.... Perhaps the last 15??

I like it. But his defence wider would be a problem and having him up the middle he would get tired.

Eelsman18

Juniors
I'd just keep Fui at prop, to be honest.

I think if you're going to turn anyone into a wide-runner, you either have to continue developing someone like Horo in that area during pre-season, or you ask Paddy O to be the wide-running second-rower we all want.

It's worked in the past and very successfully too, at NYC level - as evidenced by his strong understanding and partnership with Barba.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd just keep Fui at prop, to be honest.

I think if you're going to turn anyone into a wide-runner, you either have to continue developing someone like Horo in that area during pre-season, or you ask Paddy O to be the wide-running second-rower we all want.

It's worked in the past and very successfully too, at NYC level - as evidenced by his strong understanding and partnership with Barba.

Horo and O'Hanlon are already exclusively edge forwards. There's no need to turn them into anything.

Now it's just a matter of quality. Horo's unlikely to get much better - he's an above average attacking edge forward and a below average defender.

O'Hanlon could be anything according to those who know. Personally I don't really see it, but I've been wrong about juniors plenty of times. Big Pat is certainly tall but from what I've seen he lacks power and speed.

To be honest I haven't such much of him, but what I have seen has underwhelmed me. Then again, earlier this year I thought Morts would turn into a first grader. :oops:

Eelsman18

Juniors
Horo and O'Hanlon are already exclusively edge forwards. There's no need to turn them into anything.

Now it's just a matter of quality. Horo's unlikely to get much better - he's an above average attacking edge forward and a below average defender.

O'Hanlon could be anything according to those who know. Personally I don't really see it, but I've been wrong about juniors plenty of times. Big Pat is certainly tall but from what I've seen he lacks power and speed.

To be honest I haven't such much of him, but what I have seen has underwhelmed me. Then again, earlier this year I thought Morts would turn into a first grader. :oops:

A lot of that would have to do with the minutes that he played, and he is only 9 games into his first-grade career, leaving him plenty of time to mature into a good, young footballer.

I'd say out of the current crop of NYC second-rowers we've seen in the last 2-3 years, O'Hanlon's been the one that has shown the most promise, IMO.

He is tall, and he may lack that bit of power due to his somewhat smaller frame, compared to most second-rowers - something that he'll no doubt seek to increase, as the pre-season goes on.

I'd like to think that 2012 will be his break-out year, and I think it can be - he just needs to have the opportunity, and decent minutes, to show what he can do.

hindy111

Post Whore
POH is kind of like trent waterhouse.He probably wont make barnstorming runs in the centre of the park but 5-10mtrs out one on one he will be hard to stop and can offload...His leg drive is way to soft for 1st grade at the moment but i remember Tim Mannah looked like a big pillow in his first 12 games.-Time will tell

rabbitohs95

Bench
Much stronger squad than last year, more depth and better players in key positions, i think Parra can definitely make a dent on the 8 if they stay consistent throughout the year with the players they have

Pazza

First Grade
POH runs good lines and has a handy offload but he really needs to fill out his frame.

Eelsman18

Juniors
POH is kind of like trent waterhouse.He probably wont make barnstorming runs in the centre of the park but 5-10mtrs out one on one he will be hard to stop and can offload...His leg drive is way to soft for 1st grade at the moment but i remember Tim Mannah looked like a big pillow in his first 12 games.-Time will tell

POH runs good lines and has a handy offload but he really needs to fill out his frame.

As Pazza said, and as I said above, the key for Paddy heading into the 2012 season, is to bulk up somewhat (possibly 6-7 kgs, if not more), and we'll see more go-forward from him, as a result.

Paddy will come good in 2012. It's his breakout year, IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
As Pazza said, and as I said above, the key for Paddy heading into the 2012 season, is to bulk up somewhat (possibly 6-7 kgs, if not more), and we'll see more go-forward from him, as a result.

Paddy will come good in 2012. It's his breakout year, IMO.

Yeah I will watch his progress closely. I admit that I was a tad disappointed with his impact in 2010. I know he's still a kid blah blah, but I'm just comparing him with kids who have débuted with other clubs. Some of those Broncos kids really hit the ground running.

Yeah I will watch his progress closely. I admit that I was a tad disappointed with his impact in 2010. I know he's still a kid blah blah, but I'm just comparing him with kids who have débuted with other clubs. Some of those Broncos kids really hit the ground running.

He only got a few games in off the bench and he's only 18. I'm willing to give more time. he'll probably start off in the reserves.

forward pass

Coach
He only got a few games in off the bench and he's only 18. I'm willing to give more time. he'll probably start off in the reserves.

He was like a deer in the headlights last season. He did not look like he wanted to be out there.

I am sure he has something to offer but he needs to fire up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Paddy will be far better for the run next year, he is a project player and SK is bring him through slowly. I think he's only 20 so he's got plenty of time.

Eelsman18

Juniors

They do, and that's a credit to the way that the young Broncos players are brought up through the ranks.
For Paddy, it was more about easing him in there slowly, rather than it being a question of relying on him immediately, to come out all guns blazing in 2011.

He played steady minutes off the bench for the most part, and it did gradually improve as the season wore on.

The first 5-6 games, no doubt you'd be nervous as a young kid, playing in the big NRL arenas, but there were parts where it looked like he was getting some confidence in his game - particularly one game, where he made a half-break, and if he just had someone running on his inside, he would have offloaded and we may have scored.

That would have given him confidence. I thought that he actually did get better, as he played more games.
With a bit more weight, and a full NRL pre-season under his belt, I think we can expect big things from Paddy, and I imagine that he will deliver on the hype that was placed on him during his NYC years.

Pat O'Hanlon?

I'm pretty sure he's too old for NYC next year.

I think Paddy will be far better for the run next year, he is a project player and SK is bring him through slowly. I think he's only 20 so he's got plenty of time.

Yep, Paddy turned 20 during last year's NYC season.
He's too old to play there.
If he's not in first-grade, probably NSW Cup is where he'll be.

MrT

Juniors
He was like a deer in the headlights last season. He did not look like he wanted to be out there.

I am sure he has something to offer but he needs to fire up.

PO lost something like 9kg in the offseason due to his shoulder injury. That held him back considerably. He needs a big offseason and I'm sure he'll develop into a fine backrower. He has good ball skills for a big man

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
POH looked good in the u20's games I watched. And from memory he did plenty of taking the hand runs up the middle as well. Also pretty hard for any edge forward to look good playing with the halves we have had over the last 2 seasons.

Latest posts