What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 35 is up

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jamil Hopoate is listed in the NYC squad. Isn't he like 16 ?

EDIT: He's 17 in 2012. Can he play NYC at that age ?

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=profile-player-nyc

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...es-at-this-stage/story-e6frey4i-1226071304930

I can't see why not, Part of our development structure is to play kids a year or 2 above from Mathews to state cup where a lot of NYC players will at some stage get a run for wenty, the coaching staff are prepared to sacrifice results for development, a system that the broncs have been using fir a number of years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
EDIT: He's 17 in 2012. Can he play NYC at that age ?

Players can play NYC from age 17, and NRL from the age of 18: http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/insert-web-head-here-99-60/

THE NSW Rugby League is unlikely to bend their rules and allow 16-year-old Jamil Hopoate to continue playing for Manly Cove’s senior team.
As reported in Wednesday’s Manly Daily, the Rebels broke the rules in allowing Jamil to play in their top team last Sunday.
The rules, set by the Australian Rugby League and NSWRL, state no players under 17 can play in the senior premiership.
By comparison, up until the end of last season the NRL allowed anyone aged over 16 to play. But for the 2011 season, the rule was changed to a cut-off age limit of 18, and 17 for the Toyota Cup (under-20 premiership).

Nearly spat my coffee out when i saw the name and picture Dylan Cummings in our NYC team.

I went to school with him on the south coast neverrrrrrrrrrrrr thought he would have been good enough to play NYC. Has good size but was never really talented.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Time can certainly be modelled as a continuum, with individual moments represented as points along said continuum. This is the linear perception of time - this is time as we experience it.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

You can only re-present time - you can't experience time.
While the man/woman who re-presents time is present, time is not present amongst us, the living, and never will.
While little Mary is present, the play she re-presents, Alice in Wonderland, is not present and never will.
It is impossible to experience time!
"Hello time, where are you?
What is your address so we can visit to have a chat while having a bite to eat and a drink between us?
Where are your ancestors buried?
Where do your children play?
What do you do for life that aids life in rolling along here and now?"

Poo Poo, your comment "this is time as we experience it" is a load of bullshit!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I stand corrected.
image.php

The squad has a great mix of youth and expieriance. Dare u say some good times ahead. We may just have a 5 year plan in hand.

Latest posts