What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse V Leeds

Sun_Down

Juniors
Semi-final news: Leeds v Toulouse

o.gif

Live coverage on this website, BBC Two and Radio Five Live

Sunday, 31 July
Kick-off: 1345 BST
Galpharm Stadium, Huddersfield

Leeds will give fitness tests to Chev Walker and Ryan Bailey before naming their side to take on Toulouse in Sunday's Challenge Cup semi-final.

Bailey has been out for two weeks with illness, while Walker must prove he has recovered from a hand injury.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan will be out with a leg injury, and Kevin Sinfield is out with his thumb injury.

Toulouse are expected to keep faith with the bulk of the squad that surprised Widnes in the quarter-finals.

Super League leaders Leeds are red-hot favourites to reach the final, but Smith has insisted his team will not fall victim to any complacency.

o.gif
Report: Toulouse 40-24 Widnes

Toulouse recorded one of the biggest shocks in the tournament's history with their 40-24 defeat of Widnes in the last round.

Toulouse coach Justin Morgan
"They come here with nothing to lose and everything to gain," said Leeds coach Tony Smith.

"We have watched them on video and been very impressed with the quality of rugby they play," he added.

"They will be out to do themselves proud and French rugby league proud and we need to make sure we are ready for that.

"We have prepared exactly the same as we would for any other game. We have a lot of respect for Toulouse."

Toulouse coach Justin Morgan has admitted his side will have their work cut out.

"We are going to be big underdogs, it is a massive task," Morgan told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

"But the key for us is not to go with a defeatist kind of attitude. If we turn up thinking we are going to get beaten, we are going to get beaten."

Toulouse are the first non-British side to reach the Challenge Cup semi-finals, while Leeds are making their 11th last-four appearance in the past 13 seasons.

Leeds 18-man squad: Mathers, Calderwood, Walker, Senior (c), Bai, McGuire, Burrow, Bailey, Diskin, McDermott, Lauitiiti, McKenna, Dunemann, Ward, Poching, Ellis, Scruton, Cummins. Toulouse squad: To follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/challenge_cup/4731127.stm

DIEHARD

----
Come on Toulouse!

When is the match on AEST?

And where is a radio link seening as we can't see it in Australia, the world's greatest rugby league super power....

Thanks!

DIEHARD

----
Sun_Down said:
I think its on in just under 2 hrs? aest that is...

I can't believe I have to listen to it on the radio...on the internet...........

When I could be enjoying it on tele!

carlnz

Bench
10-6 after 15 mins, they are playing a wonderful game...3 back to back sets of six on attack against leeds...

Latest posts