What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Stadium Progress

Jimbo

Immortal
You get a pretty good view from the 7th tee across the road

The besser block areas under the stand (probably sheds) are taking shape, so unless we had Noah-esque rain I doubt there would be a problem getting it finished on time

El Coconuto

Bench
carcharias said:
hahaha

I only just paid off my last fine for that.
3 points and $238 .
I was on the phone for all of 10 seconds.

Just in time for xmas.....merkins.

Yeah, EXACT same here. Right down to the dollar. Apparently you can eat a sandwhich or f*ck around with you're stereo until you find the right station...but you can't push the "answer" button on your phone even when using handsfree. F*ck me dead!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
had a look yesterday. there are two cranes on site lifting the frame work for the first tier of seating. by friday it should be really begin to take shape. will try and get a photo.

Ausguy

Coach
good stuff gunna....anything better than a shot from the car in the rain would be great.... sorry carch.... :)

fatshark

Bench
Is there gonna be two tiers, because it looks,um,pretty small. The back walls are half done already.

carcharias

Immortal
Ausguy said:
good stuff gunna....anything better than a shot from the car in the rain would be great.... sorry carch.... :)

here are then.
Ya bunch of merkins....:D

sharkpark1-1.jpg

sharkpark2-1.jpg

hmmm

b35a73861d.jpg

according to them there photos (cheers carch)

and the seating map, i would say that that there will be one teer of seating with a roof.

Ausguy

Coach
thanks carch... looks alright.... only 1 tier by the look of it but its ok, it will be heaps better than what it used to be like....just a point where are the visiting teams supporters gonna sit now?

Southern Shark

Juniors
Doesn't look steep enough for my liking and is too far away from the fence. Will those wind breaks prevent any southerly wind?. They both run on an angle from the stand towards the road. The stand appears to end at the sideline. The stand should have been wrapped around if they wanted to stop the wind and make the ground look any good. The corners will be an empty unused space.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
who gives a rats arse what it looks like down there or how many seats there are.
It's just a tv stand really. Who would want to sit there?
I reckon they should blow the family hill up . Waste of space. Families can go anywhere.

Ausguy

Coach
9 million doesnt really get you that far.....they are doing a lot of oher stuff with that 9 million arent they, the southern stadium will be a do it yourself type of thing.....the way i see it is it will better and more modern than what was there before..... but nothin i will be ecstatic about when its finished.... i do hate that the end result probably doesnt reward us for missing the 1st 5 games at home....

Ausguy

Coach
hmmm on closer inspection it is looking tiny... have alook where the stairs are..... way back from the fence, is there goin gto be seating infront of the fence like the northern end??? anyway hope we dont look like a bunch of try hards when they are done.....looks like its going to be the size of the old stand where the et stand now is....

Latest posts