What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Stadium Progress

Ausguy

Coach
hmmm better than it was but stil looks like a try hard effort..... anyway.... sleepy how you get onto the ground to take that shot?

Ausguy

Coach
yup....
and soem other things.... bu seriolsy the comp is what 5 weeks away??? do they still have 2 and a half months work to do?

jc155776

Coach
And that thing is owned by a University.... (even though an NFL team also plays out of it).

Americans REALLY love their sport more than anyone else. (Watching it anyway).

Southern Shark

Juniors
What the,
Stairs at the front went out with the Sheridan Stand and our leagues club stand and that was more that 30 years ago.
The stand should have been built right on the fence and steep with the walkway behind the seats. But it appears mildly sloped and a replica of the leagues club stand.

The designer should have to face the supporters if they deliver a 1970's style stand.
The last one we had of those was bulldozed after a decade to make way for another one now named the ET stand that they are still renovating because it was designed wrong.

What are they going to do with that area in front of the stand.
Put a useless path or put seats that remain uncovered.
Hope I'm wrong but the initial photo's don't make it look modern.

WIN stadium put a sensational wrap around stand at the northern end and they bought that second hand?.
We'd have been better off buying the ends they ripped off the end of Telstra Stadium and putting a roof over it.

Barry Pierce will be very pleased with the progress of his corporate box......

Is it true he's putting in a private wading pool?

CopyofCopyofIMG_5925ed2.jpg

beave

Coach
Wow, that looks like it is going to be pretty ordinary, u guys can't be happy with that. I suppose anything is better than what was there, but geez..........

fatshark

Bench
They really should of extended the ET stand, if not one side then both. It would of paid itself off and not be empty like this will be most of the time. Its a Henson park copy ffs!I spose what do you expect from an unknown stadium builder.Once it collapses, the money and company will be well gone.

spider

Coach
Southern Shark said:
The designer should have to face the supporters if they deliver a 1970's style stand.
no - the chairman should, not the bloke he is paying to design it

The last one we had of those was bulldozed after a decade to make way for another one now named the ET stand that they are still renovating because it was designed wrong.
no - they are adding facilities to keep up with ongoing implementation of compliance standards. 10 years ago was a long time

What are they going to do with that area in front of the stand.
Put a useless path or put seats that remain uncovered
paths are very useless, they should plant rose bushes
Hope I'm wrong but the initial photo's don't make it look modern.
its not finished yet

WIN stadium put a sensational wrap around stand at the northern end and they bought that second hand?.
shame they couldnt build a decent fence at Oki

We'd have been better off buying the ends they ripped off the end of Telstra Stadium and putting a roof over it.
compliance issues son, compliance.....

Stonecutter

First Grade
The Win Stadium Northern Grandstand was $8 million. I was expected something similar but I guess not.

win1.jpg

Frenzy.

Immortal
What you get for $8m in 2002 is not necessarily the same as what you can buy for $9m in 2008. Besides that Northern Stand at WIN isn't exactly the Mona Lisa of grandstands it it?

Add to that, it not just the stand, they'll be new ticket booths on both sides, new scoreboard, and a lift in the ET stand, and it wouldn't surprise me if they put concourse seating all the way around the southern end.

I wish it was 2 stories though.

Add to that, it not just the stand, they'll be new ticket booths on both sides, new scoreboard, and a lift in the ET stand

yeah thats true. they were also fixing all the toilets aroound the ground werent they?

anyway, if we put concourse seating all the way around, it shouldnt look to bad. in the end, if we win more games, the stands will be full regardless of what they look like because people will want to watch us play.

it should have 2 tiers though really....

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't care about asthetics, it looks like it's going to hold f**k all people.

I thought the idea to upgrade a football arena was to fit more people in?

Latest posts