What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Stadium Progress

The Popper

Bench
Quigs said:
Look stop your whinging for farks sake.

I remember standing on empty cans at the SCG Hill so I could see over the bloke in front of me.

And if too many stood up on the Hill it was on.... no mexican waves with plastic cups...

cansofpiss at 20 feet.

Seriously I would be concerned about the value for the dollar I am seeing in the new stand.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

It's a different world these days, Quigs. Back in our time it was commonplace to stand in puddles of mud squaffing cans of DA, KB or Flag.

Quigs

Immortal
The Popper said:
It's a different world these days, Quigs. Back in our time it was commonplace to stand in puddles of mud squaffing cans of DA, KB or Flag.

It was more then that Pop...

It was bloody character building.

Crikey I got hit by my share of cans. Did I run off whinging to the authorities. Did it effect me and my lifestyle in latter life.

And the puddles were not only mud. Did you ever experience a trip of a lifetime to the dunnies below the old SCG scoreboard. I reckon the sewer outflow down there was greater then the Maroubra outflow.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Southern Shark

Juniors
Speaking of KB FLAG and DA. How many bars will be in the new stand and where will they be located. How can an 8 million second hand stand down at WIN have a bar and food facilities overlooking the ground. Offer WIN our 10 million and move it for a second time. It will wrap nicely around to the ET stand as ours should have in the first place. Move the new one to Endeavour two.

Hooker Cockup

Yadamish

Juniors
Southern Shark you seem to think that the whole 9 million is being spent on the southern stand. After taking in all of the other modifications happening around the ground, maybe only half of the money is actually allocated towards building this stand. Read the link Russell's Crowe Band has provided to get an idea on what the 9 million has to split up amongst and those other components aren't cheep. With more money the ideal situation would be to join the PB and ET stands but to do that the grant would need to have been doubled at least to achieve this.

From what I have seen and the photos I have, there is plenty of room in front of the stand for concourse seating at the same elevation of the existing concourse all the way around. At the Sunday afternoon Summertime Bar you can go into the ground and get a good look of the construction from the PB stand. I have done it a few times during the construction this summer.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Wait till the f**kin thing is built before ya'll start whingin'.

I've never sat at that part of the ground in my life so it doesn't confront me.

Besides I'll probably only be there twice this year unless something major happens.

fatshark

Bench
scoreboard is now on the south eastern end. Dont know what sort, the frame is only up. Bad luck beer hill

Southern Shark

Juniors
At least we won't have to listen to the radio callers saying they can't see the scoreboard anymore. Hope its not one of those digital types that you can't read when the sun shines on them such as the Penrith Park one.

Quigs

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
Besides I'll probably only be there twice this year unless something major happens.

Oh mark my words Cools - It's going to happen this year for sure ... Paris has beefed up in the off season remember.

Mosses (that's not Bob Mosses by theway) parting of the Red Sea will have nothing on what Paris is going to part this year.

And by the end of the season who knows how much my signed autographed Paris card is going to be worth.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

spider

Coach
fatshark said:
Good point, cause f**k me that thing willl be a sun beacon.:cool:
other than hosting the dogs, we rarely play in the day

oops - and when the tigers hand us our ass

Ausguy

Coach
hey Carch it should be good weather for a couple of drive by shots with the mob over the next few days mate.... :)

carcharias

Immortal
Ausguy said:
hey Carch it should be good weather for a couple of drive by shots with the mob over the next few days mate.... :)

yep

I will wait until it gets dark this time.

Jimbo

Immortal
Southern Shark said:
At least we won't have to listen to the radio callers saying they can't see the scoreboard anymore. Hope its not one of those digital types that you can't read when the sun shines on them such as the Penrith Park one.

Or one with a f*ck-off big advert in front of it like at Parramatta...

Frenzy.

Immortal
spider said:
other than hosting the dogs, we rarely play in the day

oops - and when the tigers hand us our ass

There's an advantage to the new stand and surrounds. Where are those rabid dogs fans gonna frequent now?

spider

Coach
true quigs

really only leaves the SW and NW corners

the new screen looks to be quite a good size going off the framework that is up

The Popper

Bench
We can have all the grandstands in the world. We gotta get fans to fill it. And the ONLY thing that brings the fans is a WINNING football team.

Latest posts