What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Stadium Progress

spider

Coach
for the crowds we get coolum - it will suffice

add to the cost refrigeration for both ends for two new bars and corporate area up top - that alone will cost a bomb

Looks like the southern stand at Brookie (without the vomit coloured seats)

brookvale1.jpg

newman

First Grade
I had a good bo-peep at it yesterday.

The front of the stand is a LONG way back from the dead ball line. Does anybody seriously know whats going in front of that? Is there going to be concourse seating?

I had a good bo-peep at it yesterday.

The front of the stand is a LONG way back from the dead ball line. Does anybody seriously know whats going in front of that? Is there going to be concourse seating?

well..

that would be the logical answer....

unfortunately, the map i posted earlyer in the thread has a notable absence of concourse seating at the front.

it goes around to the corner where that "cage" is ....then stops...

i hope the map is wrong

Stonecutter

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
What you get for $8m in 2002 is not necessarily the same as what you can buy for $9m in 2008. Besides that Northern Stand at WIN isn't exactly the Mona Lisa of grandstands it it?

Well it isn't the best but it does seat a lot of people and offer great viewing. Plus it has a bar facing the field, corporate boxes and food facilities.

Hopefully they add a bit more then what that photo of the new grandstand suggests.

Quigs

Immortal
Have we still got enough room for Norman Yemm to win the 440 sprints around the field at half time.....

Now that was great entertainment.

You'd want to be ringside to watch Dave Sullivans great cobber take out the handicap events.

Even merkinsy could'nt pick the winner of those ones.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Quigs said:
Have we still got enough room for Norman Yemm to win the 440 sprints around the field at half time.....

Now that was great entertainment.

You'd want to be ringside to watch Dave Sullivans great cobber take out the handicap events.

Even merkinsy could'nt pick the winner of those ones.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Geez bloody Norm Yemm is a blast from the past.

I always liked to get on Boris Schterbina myself Quigs.

Quigs

Immortal
Boris Schterbina - can't recollect that one Cap'n.

Was he the little black headed ethnic that often wore the orange singlet. A big front runner but he was off a great handicap.

Didn't matter, old Norm always run em down in the end.

You could hear the whooshhhh of Norm as he bolted past the scaffolding. Crikey why do we need these new dangfangled new seating erections.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Southern Shark

Juniors
Going by the look of it I'd say it will be bulldozed by 2020 as is our tradition. Our Ground capacity will now be 20000 maximum instead of over 22000.

If the area infront of the stand is not covered then what is the point as that area will hold more people than the stand itself.

It looks like the bottom deck of the WIN stand only.

Toyota would be nervous because the stand won't be big enough to write Toyota Stadium on the back of it.

Anyone know anything about Hooker Cockram. Is one of their Directors related to one of our Directors?

They obviously had nothing to do with Suncorp Stadium or Titans Stadium. It appears from the design that the designer has never sat in a stadium seat in his life.

spider

Coach
Southern Shark said:
Going by the look of it I'd say it will be bulldozed by 2020 as is our tradition. Our Ground capacity will now be 20000 maximum instead of over 22000.
i would argue that the ground could accommodate in excess of 20,000

just because the record crowd says it exceeded this figure - it is by no means truth

look at the old marketing managers record in his first home game when he went to the tigers. He allegedly inflated the figure so badly he was told to revise it on the spot

Anyone know anything about Hooker Cockram. Is one of their Directors related to one of our Directors?
maybe set your target on the architect - not the builders. Maybe someone in the pierce family can draw

shadowboxer

First Grade
Ticket sales for the new stand have been average at best, below 100 season tickets is curent standing. Ive been told barry might be walking the streets with a chalk board looking for punters

Ausguy

Coach
the view would be ok..... you would defintely be out of the wind.... but still it looks poor... no wonder they never update the site pictures

http://www.treasurer.gov.au/DisplayDocs.aspx?pageID=&doc=pressreleases/2006/024.htm&min=phc

thers a link from the office of the former top bean counter.

anyway, it seems that a good deal of the 9 million, in my opinion, went into upgrades to the ET stand, a footpath..some money for the "shire centre of excelence"...lights...and other stuff.

id say what we have done is spread the money about the place..and generally improved the whole area.

however, every site ive seen about it say the stand will be world class...

maybe bizzaro world class...

i also did some digging into these hookers...

A. there was no mention of the development on their official site.
B. they built a stand at blacktown..has a strange roof and no stairs at the front.

Yadamish

Juniors
Based on this statement in RCB's link "Improve patron safety and security by installing additional fixed seating to complete the concourse seating around the field of play" and the way the SW hill has been dug into I would suggest the concourse is being extended in front of the new stand right around the field as part of the upgrade. They have had extra concrete slabs for concourse seating wasting away behind the family hill since they first put the concourse in.

I can't understand why they made the southern stand dearer in seat price over the Peter Burns stand. I have moved my season seats back up into the PB stand from the concourse and there is no way I would pay more to sit behind the play just because of the roof. This could be why ticket sales in the new stand are slow, the PB is better value.

Card Shark

Immortal
If they were to put concourse seating from the fence right back to the stand, the last row would have to be nearly as high as the 1st row in the stand to get the required elevation to see over the person in front.

Quigs

Immortal
Look stop your whinging for farks sake.

I remember standing on empty cans at the SCG Hill so I could see over the bloke in front of me.

And if too many stood up on the Hill it was on.... no mexican waves with plastic cups...

cansofpiss at 20 feet.

Seriously I would be concerned about the value for the dollar I am seeing in the new stand.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs