What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

The unknown

Juniors
Not even the soft draw will help the pamfers.

So glad we got Madge. Quality coach and quality person

I was skeptical mid season but now I believe

Vic Mackey

Referee

Yep

We may still miss the 8, and maybe they’ll even make it. But considering Pre Season we were 2nd last with the bookies and the Panthers were what, 2nd/3rd favourites for the Premiership (self appointed favorites by their fans) and the amazingly soft draw they’ve had, there’s little doubt we’ve come out well on top after the coup they were so boastful about

Tiger05

First Grade

I've never been skeptical but to me it's a wait and see approach. I reckon he has done a great job so far.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep

We may still miss the 8, and maybe they’ll even make it. But considering Pre Season we were 2nd last with the bookies and the Panthers were what, 2nd/3rd favourites for the Premiership (self appointed favorites by their fans) and the amazingly soft draw they’ve had, there’s little doubt we’ve come out well on top after the coup they were so boastful about

We've improved and they've gone backwards.

We dodged a bullet not getting the Cleary's.

What annoyed me was their fans being all self righteous and haughty.

“We are heroes because we stole another clubs coach. “ They told all and sundry. No you’re not, you are cowardly greedy merkii.

Gus blathering on about the shortcomings of hook showing little grace or dignity in the process. Hook fired back and easily won the pr battle.

Ivan didn’t see the job through, he didn’t stay in the trenches, he betrayed our players and our entire club for his selfish ambition to coach his son. He’s a fair player young Nathan and a good kid, but he’s never going to be a dally m.

Ivan and the panthers got what they deserved.

Ivan has no credibility, he took a fair team - much better than ours on paper-and he coached them into oblivion. Lap it up you tool.

We dodged a bullet. If he’d told us what a selfish seaslug he was, we would never had let him near us

Just looking at him trying to be cool all the time is plain sickening.

Morally bankrupt characterless mercenary.

Dave's mate

Juniors
What annoyed me was their fans being all self righteous and haughty.

“We are heroes because we stole another clubs coach. “ They told all and sundry. No you’re not, you are cowardly greedy merkii.

Gus blathering on about the shortcomings of hook showing little grace or dignity in the process. Hook fired back and easily won the pr battle.

Ivan didn’t see the job through, he didn’t stay in the trenches, he betrayed our players and our entire club for his selfish ambition to coach his son. He’s a fair player young Nathan and a good kid, but he’s never going to be a dally m.

Ivan and the panthers got what they deserved.

Ivan has no credibility, he took a fair team - much better than ours on paper-and he coached them into oblivion. Lap it up you tool.

We dodged a bullet. If he’d told us what a selfish seaslug he was, we would never had let him near us

Just looking at him trying to be cool all the time is plain sickening.

Morally bankrupt characterless mercenary.
Seek help

Seek help

Here come the Penrith trolls.

How’s the 8 going? On track for a gf are we?!

If you get your cheap thrills watching your coach explain kicking grubbers to his son, if that revs you up in the privacy of the own bedroom fine, but stop stalking me you perverted inbred.

Most fathers are happy to see their sons go out into the world on an independent footing. Most fathers don’t have to teach their kids their jobs etc.

Ivan wants total control over Nathan.

Some people would say that is sick and unhealthy and that....he needs help.

Last edited:
Add Tyrone May into the mix and it won’t be long before the maternity ward at Nepean Hospital starts to see a rise in birth defects and kids born with one extra tail than they usually spawn out there.

At least the chocolate soldiers had character.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Here come the Penrith trolls.

How’s the 8 going? On track for a gf are we?!

If you get your cheap thrills watching your coach explain kicking grubbers to his son, if that revs you up in the privacy of the own bedroom fine, but stop stalking me you perverted inbred.

Most fathers are happy to see their sons go out into the world on an independent footing. Most fathers don’t have to teach their kids their jobs etc.

Ivan wants total control over Nathan.

Some people would say that is sick and unhealthy and that....he needs help.

It’s funny how Ivan is tearing the club apart for his son.

DWZ, the NZ captain, has a tiff with Nathan at training - SACKED

James Maloney, 2XPremiership winner, Origin and Australian half, missed the semi finals once in his entire career, takes control of the side from Nathan - SACKED

All good I’m sure Nathan on his 5 year $5million dollar contract will step up next year

It’s funny how Ivan is tearing the club apart for his son.

DWZ, the NZ captain, has a tiff with Nathan at training - SACKED

James Maloney, 2XPremiership winner, Origin and Australian half, missed the semi finals once in his entire career, takes control of the side from Nathan - SACKED

All good I’m sure Nathan on his 5 year $5million dollar contract will step up next year

Ivan simply hasn’t been able to relate to the players in any constructive way and in my mind, there’s little doubt that the root cause of their suffering is the darkness surrounding the poor manner in which he arrived back at the club.

The non-nathan players know that deep down his main reason for breaching his obligations to us and setting a bad example for young people everywhere was to spend more time with his son first and they all come a poor second.

It’s even more disturbing that the panther power brokers actually thought this arrangement was a good thing.

Rcg’s career is just about over under ivan and son.

Dwz took his chances with the dogs ( good for him too).

They are club held back by their own stupidity and treacherous nature. They won’t find peace until Ivan is sacked next year after sliding further into the abyss.

gordsy

Juniors
Ivan simply hasn’t been able to relate to the players in any constructive way and in my mind, there’s little doubt that the root cause of their suffering is the darkness surrounding the poor manner in which he arrived back at the club.

The non-nathan players know that deep down his main reason for breaching his obligations to us and setting a bad example for young people everywhere was to spend more time with his son first and they all come a poor second.

It’s even more disturbing that the panther power brokers actually thought this arrangement was a good thing.

Rcg’s career is just about over under ivan and son.

Dwz took his chances with the dogs ( good for him too).

They are club held back by their own stupidity and treacherous nature. They won’t find peace until Ivan is sacked next year after sliding further into the abyss.
Rcg wasn't much good last year ti be fair. Lets's wait adn see re Ivan. He kicked out a few high profile blokes the first time around at the Panthers and they came good. He might do the same. What they do need is a good hooker and a better fitness coach.

Rcg wasn't much good last year ti be fair. Lets's wait adn see re Ivan. He kicked out a few high profile blokes the first time around at the Panthers and they came good. He might do the same. What they do need is a good hooker and a better fitness coach.

I think they won’t escape the nepotistic atmosphere that was the hallmark of his re-engagement.

They had a good run but to lose an important game against a reserve grade dogs outfit, suggests unresolved problems.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Difference is Panthers were a basket case last time he went there. This time they’d been in the finals 3 years in a row (believe it or not the first time in history for them) and he’s gone in, released a heap of their better players and taken a top 4 squad who were near Premiership favorites to (likely) missing the finals.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Penrith were on the skids last year. Penrith fans disagree however football teams can not continually give up 14-16 point head starts and keep winning. It may happen over the course of a season but long term, no hope.

He looked in all sorts at the press conference v dogs.

His attitude of “winning at all costs” has wreaked havoc with his judgment and he’s simply running out of ideas.

The panthers will never win a gf under Ivan Cleary.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Has anyone seen that warriors special on fox. I had forgotten but he did a similar thing to the warriors as he did with us, although he tries to spin it as he was the victim in the special.

Basically admits talking to the panthers while still having 18 months on contract but justifies it by saying he knew he wasn’t suppose to be talking to other clubs, but it wasn’t him, it was just the panthers talking to him :rolleyes:. The warriors found out and basically said you are talking to other clubs so you can leave.