What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin and Bevan French will be signed within next 10 days.. see you then to discuss ...

possm

Coach
French would be no help to us. Merrin could work out if he’s willing to take a significant pay cut in a short term deal, give him an incentive to prove his worth.
French is a no for me. I would rather go for Oates on the right wing.

possm

Coach
The last thing we need is a player with issues, particularly after the JDB incident, Robert appears to have plenty of issues at present.
The only coach who could get him on track was Bennett, but even then there were problems.
So, we dont need another problem child it would be a cap and player disaster.
We need to buy a quality centre at a good price and so, Roberts fits the bill for me. We have in the past recruited players with issues; Dugan and Packer come to mind.

Right now our aim should be for season 2020 as this season is gone. So half a season and a complete off-season to get Roberts right.

We should sign Oates for 2020 and then start trimming the dead wood he have at the club. I would love to see our backline for 2020 contain the following players:

1. Lomax - size and speed
2. Saab - size and speed
3. Roberts - size and speed
4. Masters - size and speed
5. Oates - size and speed
6. Norman
7. Hunt

What a great backline full of talent and speed.

Smirrors

Juniors
If I was to throw a name into the ring, it would be Brendan Elliot. He's got a year to go at Manly on likely a cheap contract but everything so far this season has been positive. He's safe, can find the line and dependable. And Manly has a few backs in their pipeline so someone will have to miss out. One to keep an eye on.

As for French its no, he's kind of the opposite to Elliot. Potentially more upside but not dependable.

since77

Juniors
If I was to throw a name into the ring, it would be Brendan Elliot. He's got a year to go at Manly on likely a cheap contract but everything so far this season has been positive. He's safe, can find the line and dependable. And Manly has a few backs in their pipeline so someone will have to miss out. One to keep an eye on.

As for French its no, he's kind of the opposite to Elliot. Potentially more upside but not dependable.

Lol Brendan Elliot. He’d be right up there as a McGregor type player. Would fit in well with other recent Mc Gregor favourites like Mc Crone, Latimore and Marketo.

Gareth67

First Grade

The Dragons tried to sign him but he decided to go to the sea eagles instead . But as you have said Smirrors , he hasn’t put a foot wrong and would be a big plus to our back line .

Bill Dragon

Juniors
Just posted this in the rumours thread but it probably belongs here:
Just read thst Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has requested an immediate release from the panthers to join another club before June 30. Would be a very handy pick up.

Bill Dragon

Juniors
Just read thst Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has requested an immediate release from the panthers to join another club before June 30. Would be a very handy pick up.

Smurf

Juniors
A yes from me

id rather have Garrick back

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Whats doing at Penrith, it seems a real shite fight there. Toxic is all I can think of since Cleary and son combo took over.

As for DWZ, I'd take him over French anyday.