What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent who to Pemriff Panfas

juanfarkall

Coach
From memory Santa wore red and white when he delivered.

The former player in question was often wearing other colours on the occasions that he delivered.

Southernsaint

Staff member
juanfarkall said:

The former player in question was often wearing other colours on the occasions that he delivered.

Yeah, we wanted the NRL to bring in the indoor volleyball "Libero" rule, where one player wears a different coloured jumper to the rest of the team.

Sky blue??

drake

First Grade
juanfarkall said:

:lol:

Oh so true mate.

big pat

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Yeah, we wanted the NRL to bring in the indoor volleyball "Libero" rule, where one player wears a different coloured jumper to the rest of the team.

Sky blue??
i think barrett would have looked better in ''yellow''

RedVDave

First Grade
Panthers deny move to bring Barrett home

Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 4:40 PM
NRL wooden spooners Penrith have denied they are negotiating with former St George Illawarra captain Trent Barrett to bring the NSW pivot home to Australia next season.
Barrett is into the first season of a three-year deal with Wigan in the English Super League, but according to Rugby League Week magazine he is reportedly unhappy in the UK and has already held informal talks with the Panthers about returning to Sydney.
But Penrith football manager Michael Leary says there is absolutely no way the club could afford to recruit Barrett, with both their squad and salary cap complete for 2008.
"There's no way in the world we could afford Trent Barrett," said Leary.
"We have got our 25 and our salary cap in order at the moment.
"I have not spoken to him (Barrett)."
Barrett would be an ideal signing for the Panthers, who have lost both their halfback and five-eighth for next season.
Skipper Craig Gower was released from his deal to move to France and play rugby union while young pivot Peter Wallace has left to take up an attractive offer with Brisbane.
The Panthers recently signed South Sydney halfback Joe Williams to help overcome their halves shortcomings for next year while they've also added Canberra rookie Josh McCrone and midseason recruit Richie Williams.
The Panthers prize signing for next season will be Australian and Queensland prop Petero Civoniceva from the Broncos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably means nothing but thought you might all be intrested.

Father Ted

First Grade
Probably Barretts manager shopping him around . I could'nt give a monkeys about Barrett the little engine that should but didn't .

Dave Q

Coach
From what Leary says, it sounds like he's signed sealed and delivered.

Last year the Panthers had enough cashistica to almost 'Lyon'.

Then they say good bye to Clinton and the mercurial Wallace. How much did that free up $2.20? I think not.

They look a sodden and seedy mess, they wear a crooked gap-ridden smile if you like, but they cant quite hide the lustrous glimmer of gold shining through the gaps in their Target business shirt's.

Look inside their HQ Holden's and you'll find digital talking road maps, stubbie holders that refrigerate cans to 4 degrees through the latest u.s navy technology and an extra pedal that runs the engine on nothing but waste soya beans.

Regrettably, Rugby League is not a business that lends itself to public honesty. Every piece of misinformation helps, except perhaps the mystery of Kidwell in the finals match Souths v Manly. When he came on, I rubbed my eyes then I remembered that corporate secrecy prevented JT from telling the world he would play. Apart from JT only Des Hasler and the entire Manly club knew!

Mark my words, whether Father cares about it or not, Barrett is Panther-bound.

You heard it here first.

big pat

Coach
Dave Q said:
From what Leary says, it sounds like he's signed sealed and delivered.

Last year the Panthers had enough cashistica to almost 'Lyon'.

Then they say good bye to Clinton and the mercurial Wallace. How much did that free up $2.20? I think not.

They look a sodden and seedy mess, they wear a crooked gap-ridden smile if you like, but they cant quite hide the lustrous glimmer of gold shining through the gaps in their Target business shirt's.

Look inside their HQ Holden's and you'll find digital talking road maps, stubbie holders that refrigerate cans to 4 degrees through the latest u.s navy technology and an extra pedal that runs the engine on nothing but waste soya beans.

Regrettably, Rugby League is not a business that lends itself to public honesty. Every piece of misinformation helps, except perhaps the mystery of Kidwell in the finals match Souths v Manly. When he came on, I rubbed my eyes then I remembered that corporate secrecy prevented JT from telling the world he would play. Apart from JT only Des Hasler and the entire Manly club knew!

Mark my words, whether Father cares about it or not, Barrett is Panther-bound.

You heard it here first.
i wish we heard it here last dave, i dont really think any one here really cares about barrett anymore he is yesterdays news,the same as bailey, kite,riddell,and any other st george ex player, they have moved on and so should you, back to the burrow, where rusty needs you to help plan souths life without poker machines.

Dave Q

Coach
big pat said:
i wish we heard it here last dave, i dont really think any one here really cares about barrett anymore he is yesterdays news,the same as bailey, kite,riddell,and any other st george ex player, they have moved on and so should you, back to the burrow, where rusty needs you to help plan souths life without poker machines.

Last time I checked, It was a 'free forum' big pat.

big pat

Coach
dont get so sensitive dave, ididn't mean it in a nasty way,i'm not that sort of person, come to the taj mahal on mad monday have a beer with me and the preacher, should be a great day. but just let me say this i cant speak for others, but i for one, is just about sick and tired about trent barrett, i've been following footy a long time and their have been lots of players who would eat trent barrett for breakfast, their is no denying he did do some good things for both illawarra and st george,but in the last couple of years he was at saints a lot of those things were few and far between,so if he does go to the panthers good luck to him, we will look forward to seeing him when the two teams clash.

Dave Q

Coach
big pat said:
dont get so sensitive dave, ididn't mean it in a nasty way,i'm not that sort of person, come to the taj mahal on mad monday have a beer with me and the preacher, should be a great day. but just let me say this i cant speak for others, but i for one, is just about sick and tired about trent barrett, i've been following footy a long time and their have been lots of players who would eat trent barrett for breakfast, their is no denying he did do some good things for both illawarra and st george,but in the last couple of years he was at saints a lot of those things were few and far between,so if he does go to the panthers good luck to him, we will look forward to seeing him when the two teams clash.

Sorry Pat.

I'd love to have a beer on MM but I am very busy with family and work.

Besides I see Mr The Preacher as the Brad Pitt type with a nobel prize winning brain and I dont want to be dissapointed when he waddles in wearing a pink flamingo costume asking patrons to pluck him stupid

Should be a good day though.

Dave Q

Coach
I dont like to double post but...

I was thinking about Mr The Preacher's fancy dress antics this MM and Ive decided that if he does dissapoint me and dresses in such fashion and provides the drinkers with such kind invitation ( or instruction if one is of shy disposition), his contribution to the game of rugby league in that single afternoon of partying, would be considerably more substantial than that provided by Matt Orford and Braith Anasta over the entirity of their respective careers.