What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent who to Pemriff Panfas

Godz Illa

Coach
You're troll tendencies are never too far from the surface Dave Q, and they generally bubble to life in the most inane forms. I could compile a long list of players that debunk your Saints rejects theory but I'm afraid you'd be a little sensitive to it, considering a sizeable chunk of them belong two or more of the clubs you have apparently aligned to.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave Q said:
Its been said here before that the Saints rejects usually lift once they have left the club.

Pig's game on Friday was one of his best Ive ever seen him play.
And he played some of his best football for Saints.

He was hovering between dud runs and bursts off the bench at Parra for over a season, and then some. Good to hear that he might be coming good again.

Dave Q

Coach
Godz Illa said:
You're troll tendencies are never too far from the surface Dave Q, and they generally bubble to life in the most inane forms. I could compile a long list of players that debunk your Saints rejects theory but I'm afraid you'd be a little sensitive to it, considering a sizeable chunk of them belong two or more of the clubs you have apparently aligned to.

Jeez, take a few mogadons and lie down.

Wade McKinnon, how well is he going?

Braith Anasta, Wingy, Reni, Terry Hill.

No shortage of Rabbitohs 'slow-developers'.

Barret had plenty of off-days as well.

But the Panthers are desperate, so we should wish them well with Barrett.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave Q said:
Jeez, take a few mogadons and lie down.

Wade McKinnon, how well is he going?

Braith Anasta, Wingy, Reni, Terry Hill.

No shortage of Rabbitohs 'slow-developers'.

Barret had plenty of off-days as well.

But the Panthers are desperate, so we should wish them well with Barrett.
Pfft!. People are entitled to keep you honest Dave.

And I've heard the things you've been saying about the Dragons forum. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to reveal my sources.

Re: Trent who to Pemriff Panfas

"Frankly people, I don't give a damn"

Firstly; Why on earth would we want him back anyway? I am sorry if I offend anyone but he was over rated. Let Penrith see how it feels each week when your playmaker disappoints and under performs. I wonder if Penrith are willing to pay him $600K for the crap he gave us. Barrett at times was good but more often than not he was a disappointment. Sorry Barrett fans.

Secondly I believe for a side to be successful they need to play for each other and unite as a team. Trent Barrett's ego did not fit the equation.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Traditional Saint said:
Trent Barrett's ego did not fit the equation.

I consider Barrett to be a player who never reached his potential. I saw him play some very good games but he sometimes fell short (same as numerous other players). This was compounded by the injuries - and he had plenty of time on the sideline.

I don't think he was a 'great' player and I was never convinced that he commanded full respect as a club captain. But he wasn't too shabby and I do think he was one of the better players we've had over the last 10 years.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I think inconsistancy of Barret had nothing to do with ego. I think it came down to the great deal of pressure put on him by himself and saints fans. The guy simply tried to hard! Amazing skilled and built footballer who had the world on his back and at times felt like he had to do it all himself.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
I consider Barrett to be a player who never reached his potential. I saw him play some very good games but he sometimes fell short (same as numerous other players). This was compounded by the injuries - and he had plenty of time on the sideline.

I don't think he was a 'great' player and I was never convinced that he commanded full respect as a club captain. But he wasn't too shabby and I do think he was one of the better players we've had over the last 10 years.

Stop trying to make everyone feel comfy with the fact that he is not coing 'home' Willow.

Everyone here seems to be united in jealousy.

Lets be honest for once, everyone is feeling a little rejected and hurt by his earnest consideration of the struggling last-placed Panthers over the bright lights and glamour of the mighty Saints.

Its not just about rejecting the saints, its about rejecting its fans...you. I know that reality is painful. Its OK to cry.

That happens in life. People change. It can be heartbreaking I know.

But once we accept the rejection, we can deal with it and move on.

Closure people, closure.

I am sure there a a lot of footballers who want to play for Saints. I cant name any off-hand, but I am sure they exist.

So cheer up everybody and wish the grasscutter well.

(sigh)

This counselling gig is as tough for me as it is for you.

I propose an on-line hug. Squelch. Feel better now?, I know I do.

Lets form a circle and say kind things about each other and players:

"Trent you are Ok"

Willows agents are everywhere -even at finals matches.

Loose lips sink ships!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave Q said:
Lets be honest for once
OK, my inner child wants you to put a sock in it.

Dave Q said:
everyone is feeling a little rejected and hurt by his earnest consideration of the struggling last-placed Panthers over the bright lights and glamour of the mighty Saints.
lol. I don't think so.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
OK, my inner child wants you to put a sock in it.

lol. I don't think so.

Its Ok people, Willow can sit outside the circle if he feels more comfortable!

But we can resolve our issues without him ( and his spies!)

Now how about some kind words for Trent lads?

big pat

Coach
gee dave how come your allowed to smoke that weed while your at work, because thats the only thing you could be on about that rant you posted,look their have been some good 5/8 for saints,clay,branson,hawthorne,barrett was not, too much of a sook always got injured never realise the wraps that were put on him,he is killing them in pommyland at the moment, only because the poms cant tackle, ihave seen some of wigans games on fox and although barrett is doing well i cant see him coming back here and making a fist of it,does lyons ring any alarm bells,great over there came back here nothing most overated.

Dave Q

Coach
big pat said:
gee dave how come your allowed to smoke that weed while your at work, because thats the only thing you could be on about that rant you posted,look their have been some good 5/8 for saints,clay,branson,hawthorne,barrett was not, too much of a sook always got injured never realise the wraps that were put on him,he is killing them in pommyland at the moment, only because the poms cant tackle, ihave seen some of wigans games on fox and although barrett is doing well i cant see him coming back here and making a fist of it,does lyons ring any alarm bells,great over there came back here nothing most overated.

Wd big pat, expressing grief with denial.

You see if barrett is not much chop and he prefers the lowly panthers over saints, I can see how that has a negative impact on your feelings.

If he was the business and he prefered the Panthers overs Saints, that would hurt less.

A good start there Big Pat and I want you know that I agree with your insights about Lyon.

Dave Q

Coach
juanfarkall said:
Hey Pat, I thought Dave was a Souths fan ???

True but this is not about Souths today, its about our feelings concerning the imminent signing of Trent for the Panthers.

Lets picture him in black for a moment. A big Sanyo across his broad chest.

A proud manner is his swagger as he throws the ball to Sammut.

Visualise this in your mind, just for a moment ( dont overdo it)

How do we all feel now?

big pat

Coach
Dave Q said:
True but this is not about Souths today, its about our feelings concerning the imminent signing of Trent for the Panthers.

Lets picture him in black for a moment. A big Sanyo across his broad chest.

A proud manner is his swagger as he throws the ball to Sammut.

Visualise this in your mind, just for a moment ( dont overdo it)

How do we all feel now?
how do i feel, how do i feel, i feel like a tooheys or two.

drake

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
He just didn't have a big-game mentality...
That's because he's an over-rated hack with a pea heart. Amongst other things.

Let him run out in Pemrif colours, watch him get belted stupid by players across the competition.

Dave Q

Coach
big pat said:
how do i feel, how do i feel, i feel like a tooheys or two.

I dont know about anyone else, but it seems to me that Big Pat is making steady progress over the issue.

A few more weeks and I am confident that Big Pat will find true liberation from the distracting shackles of derision and hatred.

To stand before the world and say:

"I have no feelings about the Barrett issue and I wish him all the best."

To find the peace within. Afterall, thats all we want for each other.

And perhaps, just maybe, Big Pat can then join me on my campaign to allay these evil negative thoughts that have pervaded this discussion and are damaging most of you on the inside.

Lets lift to the next level people, lets forgive Trent and hug him from afar.

Wd Big Pat