What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll Free Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha

Juniors
No way, I think it's pretty safe to assume that this forum has attracted nearly 30,000 members because no matter how crude, vulgar, vile, offensive, illogical, or just plain geniused your opinion is you can post it here and no moderator would dare stand in the way of your right to look foolish.

LU loves trolls and lunatics, that's why you can't put people on ignore.

If LU were a bear and I was drunk person I would hug it then vomit all over its shoe.

LU has 30 000 members because people love rugby league, not because of the quality of posters on these forums.
I think its good that people have different opinions but alot of threads here are ruined by stupid shit, silly posts and trolling.

I have read and enjoyed these forums for a fair ammount of time but it is being taken over by f**kwits.
With some decent mods who are not piss weak this site could reach its potential.

Most threads on LU turn to shit and it is a reflection on the poor standard of moderating.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree, we're far too leniant on here and it's generally difficult to seperate the good posters from the bad.

However admins want everybody to have a voice. It's just how things go.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
LU has 30 000 members because people love rugby league, not because of the quality of posters on these forums.
I think its good that people have different opinions but alot of threads here are ruined by stupid shit, silly posts and trolling.
Just like dickheaded drivers, trolls are out there but they are a minority. Nothing can be done to stop their existence and you are deluding yourself if you think there is.

I have read and enjoyed these forums for a fair ammount of time but it is being taken over by f**kwits.
With some decent mods who are not piss weak this site could reach its potential.

Most threads on LU turn to shit and it is a reflection on the poor standard of moderating.
We are not here to teach people how to post in a way that suits you. How you can pin dickheads posting on a forum on the moderators is beyond me.

These forums are frequented because people feel confident that they can post their opinion without being muzzled.

You people are hard to please sometimes. We take a hard line on something and you whinge and complain, calling us Nazi's. We relax things to make you feel better and you blame us for poor moderating.

We're doing this voluntarily and I believe the format LU has regarding moderating is bloody brilliant and I dare say anyone with half a brain would agree.

Maybe you'd prefer it if we reviewed every post before its published, it might take a few days for your posts to appear, but it seems that is a more favourable style for you.

You must all realise, we aren't forcing you to be here, you are here of your own volition, meaning there's more enjoyment than displeasure for you here, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here at all.

thus, those critical of the moderating are talking out of their arse.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And on that note, I think we've all understood this. Any questions regarding how this works, re-read Twizzles opening post.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
can every person who makes a thread put in the "no troll" icon and have their thread subject to greater moderation? or will such threads only be decided by moderators/admin?

We propose using it sparingly like the Crowd Watch thread etc.

No point in people using it just because they dont want their thread hijacked, no one wants their thread hijacked but if that were its intended us it would be used on every new thread.

It will pretty much just be used by our NRL mods at this stage.

Twizzle will never have a girlfriend.

My wife will be happy to know this

Challenge accepted.

no problems, there can only be one winner as we have super human powers

What sort of threads ATM would be marked troll-free? Excellent idea if done correctly, could explode as I'm sure youve discussed.

Yeah it could, just being trialled atm but it may prevent some issues that we are having and hopefully this could be a suitable solution

twiz, what happened to "not agreeing with what you say but defending your right to say it?

And before you say the obvious yes, I am a troll. And proud of it.

Having a contrary opinion doesn't mean you are a troll.

This means mod's couldn't be f**ked moderating threads and they are willing to let the lunatics run the asylum.

These forums would be second to none if moderated properly.

Well maybe we could make you moderator and all our problems would be solved

And your quality posts are a prime example.

thus, those critical of the moderating are talking out of their arse.

Not how I would have put it but delivers the message.

Moffo

Referee
The fun police have arrived. Guys, you have to respect that everyone gets enjoyment out of forums for their own reasons. A lot of people would find this place boring without the jokes and trolls.

Trying to mandate this aspect of forum life is a poor move in my opinion

What is even more embarassing was one of your mods responses a couple of posts up. Telling everyone who doesn't agree that they are talking out of their arse? Nice way to encourage open discussion. Having people like that as mods is risky business....and from recollection, it was moderating like this that led to many of us leaving the old place to come here in the first place

I fully expect defensive responses to that comment, however, I would encourage you to step back for a second and think about what is being proposed here first

Cheers

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Where has anyone suggested we dont allow trolls Moffo ?

Have you even read the posts explaining how it is to be used ?

We've got one thread with a no trolls symbol and you're saying the fun police have arrived.

Over reaction much ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well if Moffo thinks it's a crummy idea, it's likely to be a winner.

Poor fella, it's like he's had a toy taken away.

Good luck Twizzle and the NRL mods. Obviously a trial at this stage, but you don't know if you don't try.

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach

I disagree, most of the other NRL forums are very strictly moderated and people just end up whining about how they can't say what they think or make light hearted jokes that are just a little bad taste.

I agree that sometimes the trolling gets frustrating but it wouldn't be the same if it was constantly deleted.

Jokes aside I think this is a good idea, it won't curb the fun while still keeping the crap out of important threads.

Further I think it's the administrators' decision what content he deems appropriate for this forum. They started their own forum and have every right to dictate the rules and decide what is "poor moderating."

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and here we have it one person saying we have poorly moderated here thus allowing all threads to get hijacked and turning to shit and another idiot who is calling us fun police.

Some of you are reacting like its going to happen everywhere.

ITS A TRIAL!

fair dinkum most of you people only read what you want to.

Didgi

I was going to quote a post here but forget which one. Anyway.

I know a few other forums have a reputation system where you can rate a post up (funny, sensible, poster is a hawt ass chick etc.) or down. That could be an idea as well. Obviously it could be abused but generally speaking posters on this forum are sensible, good footy knowledge, I think it would work alright.

Edit: Oh and, should change the rather awful green to the site-theme-colour orange.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I was going to quote a post here but forget which one. Anyway.

I know a few other forums have a reputation system where you can rate a post up (funny, sensible, poster is a hawt ass chick etc.) or down. That could be an idea as well. Obviously it could be abused but generally speaking posters on this forum are sensible, good footy knowledge, I think it would work alright.

I've thought of this as well, but it only seems to be taken seriously by the younger generations who care about reputation - rather than older people who just care about the footy talk. I'd still like to see this idea to be considered though. :)

Posters on "red" or negative reputation generally will not be taken seriously automatically if the reputation system works well; moderators can easily pick them out as well for post deletion if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts