What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Bulldogs games

What should happen to the Dogs home games

• Total voters

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
what about harsher penalties at league games for violence
would say a possible $20000 for getting in a fight and being caught be fair?

ibeme

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:

I'm all for harder penalties. Heavy fines at the very least. Banned from all future games. Photos posted at the entrances of all stadiums. Named and shamed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's not often I agree with BBSF but this time he's got the right hat on. Harsher penalties is definitely a good way to go.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:

getting in a fight? but what if you are attacked for no reason and are defending yourself?

Chook

First Grade
ibeme said:
You were lucky to have not got involved in a fight yourself. These morons are just that - morons. They're senseless. They'd rather right than f**k. Going in and adding fuel to the fire could very well turn a fight into something much worse with these dickheads. You can't reason with them. You can't make them see logic. They don't have a conscience.

As LebaneseForces stated, all we can do is report idiots to security, and then they can't act until something actually happens, which is obviously too late.

And for how long Ibeme?

For how long do opposition fans have to go to bulldogs games in fear of their lives??
For how long do families have to say to themselves "a bulldogs game, i'd better leave the kids at home"??
For how long do fans attending THEIR home game have to think to themselves "gee I'd better not cheer too loud if we're winning"??

As a footy fan who attends games I am sick to f**king death of all these excuses and that's what they are, excuses from you dog fans about this type of behaviour by fans of your club!

When is enough going to be enough?

And go jam your head up your arse Dodge! The only reason why you're calling for the police to be blamed is to take the focus of the failures of YOUR club to deal with these morons.

95% of violence at NRL games involves one club's fan base, one club's failure to deal with it and one club's REFUSAL to take responsibility for it.

Chook.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Chook said:
And for how long Ibeme?

For how long do opposition fans have to go to bulldogs games in fear of their lives??
For how long do families have to say to themselves "a bulldogs game, i'd better leave the kids at home"??
For how long do fans attending THEIR home game have to think to themselves "gee I'd better not cheer too loud if we're winning"??

As a footy fan who attends games I am sick to f**king death of all these excuses and that's what they are, excuses from you dog fans about this type of behaviour by fans of your club!

And go jam your head up your arse Dodge! The only reason why you're calling for the police to be blamed is to take the focus of the failures of YOUR club to deal with these morons.

95% of violence at NRL games involves one club's fan base, one club's failure to deal with it and one club's REFUSAL to take responsibility for it.

Chook.

can i ask how is the club responsible for what happens on the train home?

they're not responsible, its not their jurisdiction

simon says

First Grade
Chook said:
And for how long Ibeme?

Chook.

Here here......:clap: :clap: :clap:

Game_Breaker

Coach
shadow grinder said:
he is talking about IN THE GROUND

in that case, there were 32 000 people there and only 1 fight, thats good crowd behaviour.

all the fuss is about what happnd outside the ground

ibeme

First Grade
Chook said:
And for how long Ibeme?

If I knew the answer to that, I'd have the solution to the problems.

Chook said:

Where have we made excuses for these parasites behaviour? You don't think we're sick of these morons and want them gone too? Do you actually think we're excusing their behaviour? We're dealing with criminals FFS. You expect the Bulldogs to be more effective than the police at dealing with these criminals.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
For christ sake this problem is not as hard as it seems.

1. Camera are everywhere in our world now. Bulldogs/Police to start to pin these idiots down together from all available sources. Say one group causes a problem on a train one week. Well keep a list of the faces and be on guard next dogs match. Match the face, arrest for the previous problem. blacklist them from games.

2. Known problem offenders removed from games even if they get in. If you are black listed from previous problems (and you would know) and get caught in a game you are fined big time and removed.

3. Implement crowd control measures. If problems persist and further police resources are required the club is to be responsible to pay. Removal of fans from effected areas while game is suspended at the cost of 10 points to the dogs in the current match. Not to be used lightly, and proof the dogs fans were involved can be established.

4. Reduce night games. Remove completely if the problems persist. The club won't like it as the night games are going to offer better exposure.

5. Removal of points and forfeit of games when crowd violence occurs. This should really be sparingly used as it has an effect on for and againsts.

6. Suspension of the club for 1 season and leading to removal of the club from the competition. Harsh, but considering the above steps, fair.

shadow grinder

First Grade
dont know how they would catch someone in a group of thousands....they could have their face covered in a scarf or other bulldogs gear.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Banks have rules about covering heads. So can matches. If you cover your head and are caught, 1 warning. Even if you are being good. 2nd warning is an ejection.

Timmah

Staff member
Chook said:
And for how long Ibeme?

Chook.

Failure? Explain how they've failed. Explain why the police aren't culpable in events that occur outside the ground? ibeme has listed plenty of measures the club has taken, there isn't much more they can do apart from weeding them out by person. When incidents outside the ground occur, on public property, how can the club be expected to police that? Are you deliberately ignoring this or are you really that dumb?

There are no excuses, I hope these people are found and brought to shame. Do you think we enjoy this happening to our club? The amount of posts fans like ibeme and myself have made over the last few days should indicate that.

JK

Chook said:

How many people have died at Bulldogs games?

It is scaremongering and flippant wankers like this "chook" that cloud the issue and prevents real solutions from being discussed.

shadow grinder

First Grade
JK said:

It is scaremongering and flippant wankers like this "chook" that cloud the issue and prevents real solutions from being discussed.

may not have died...but its pretty easy to die from a couple of kicks to the head

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
JK said:

It only takes one punch to kill someone.....Remember David Hookes?

And geez this should be the NRLS biggest concern, They wanna fix these idiots before someone dies. No point going and fixing it after someones been killed.

Timmah

Staff member
You're right but you're laying blame for events both in and out of the ground, of which only one aspect (inside) the club can realistically control. It is up to the NSW Police Force to enforce the law outside the stadium - full stop. I don't agree with any of the behaviour, and it should be stopped. But there is only so much a football club can do before it becomes an issue of law and order. The sooner you lot realise this, the sooner this ridiculous singling out of people like myself and ibeme, who have done no wrong AND are doing what we are able to assist the club in it's investigations.

*sighs*

Latest posts