What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Bulldogs games

What should happen to the Dogs home games

• Total voters

Vicious

Bench
How`s stopping the Dogs from playing night games going to solve anything???
I distinctly remeber plenty of trouble occurring at day games at Belmore hence the reason they moved games away from there in the first place. These people constantly causing trouble don`t drink alcahol so that is also not an issue.I reckon 3 cops seated next to each other in every second bay is the only thing that may deter this constant crap that is happening? And it should be at the Bulldogs expense until rectified.

dazza

Staff member
Danish said:
So you have a mate that supports every other team in the comp that comes with you to each teams game do you??

There are a few families no doubt who support different teams. Let them pick a side, and sit in it. But in no way can they wear jerseys etc.

If it pisses people off they have no one to blame but the idiots who cause the trouble. Segregation WILL stop most future problems.

i know i`m in another country, but why can`t they wear their jerseys?

my kids love wearing their warriors jerseys to the games, & no way will i stop them. in saying that, from what i`ve read & heard, these morons don`t discriminate. so my kids would probably be targets for them, so if i was in sydney i would never go to a doggies game anyway.

i can`t comment on what to do, but something needs to be done, sooner rather than later. or someone is gonna get killed. it may be a harsh thing to say, but something like that may have to happen before the authorities wiil do something.

i hope it gets worked out soon.

cheers dazza

maybe no night games but i dont think that will solve anything...definately not taking points away thats unfair to the whole club (players and true fans) the hooligans wont care if the club is penalised because they are not true fans...

BAN THOSE RESPONSIBLE!

Alba

Coach
i dont think that the team and the real fans should be punished for the actions of a minority of imbeciles who continuously cause trouble .. they need to identify and ban them asap .. the Bulldogs do not condone this sort of behaviour among their supporters so why should they have to pay for it? the fans have had it with these d***heads who think theyre hot shots cause their wearin a Dogs jersey not really knowing what it is to truly support a team .. if they did they wouldnt want to bring shame upon their club ..

Parki

Bench
maybe no night games but i dont think that will solve anything...definately not taking points away thats unfair to the whole club (players and true fans) the hooligans wont care if the club is penalised because they are not true fans...

BAN THOSE RESPONSIBLE!

just a thought..... how many times has this happened? WHY is it only your club that it seems to happen to? im sure there are other clubs that have isolated incidents like these, but the fact of the matter is it keeps happening to your club, time and time again

If you guys want the nrl to not take points off you, why dont YOU be pro active and find out who these idiots are that are disgracing your club, and take your own appropriate action by reporting them to the cops? You dont want to lose points, you be proactive, because ultimately its going to be you guys that cop the penalty, and TBH, if you cant police your own crowds, then so be it, you deserve to lose points. I can tell you right now if this stuff happened in Newcastle within 10 seconds there would be 40 knights fans dragging these idiots off to the cops, because we dont OUR club to lose points because of it

not trying to start a fight, but lets get serious. You guys the fans need to be proactive in doing something about this, or you only have yourselves to blame for the ramifications incurred, and that includes points/fines. It is a bulldog problem, because it DOESENT happen at any other ground, to any other club in such a consistent basis.

many fights happen inside the stadium (not just dogs games)
but as a fan of the dogs what got me angry is when the fights continued outside of the stadium...

gallop said we were not going to be penalised...so lets hope there is no next time...

Parki said:
just a thought..... how many times has this happened? WHY is it only your club that it seems to happen to? im sure there are other clubs that have isolated incidents like these, but the fact of the matter is it keeps happening to your club, time and time again

If you guys want the nrl to not take points off you, why dont YOU be pro active and find out who these idiots are that are disgracing your club, and take your own appropriate action by reporting them to the cops? You dont want to lose points, you be proactive, because ultimately its going to be you guys that cop the penalty, and TBH, if you cant police your own crowds, then so be it, you deserve to lose points. I can tell you right now if this stuff happened in Newcastle within 10 seconds there would be 40 knights fans dragging these idiots off to the cops, because we dont OUR club to lose points because of it

not trying to start a fight, but lets get serious. You guys the fans need to be proactive in doing something about this, or you only have yourselves to blame for the ramifications incurred, and that includes points/fines. It is a bulldog problem, because it DOESENT happen at any other ground, to any other club in such a consistent basis.

true...but as malcom noad said the club is doing their best to make the games safe and ban these hooligans...

there will also be i heard a riot squad police force at the bulldogs games...

Parki said:

well, i was at the game but far away from the incident...the cops wouldnt let me a 15yr old get involved anyway although i would want to drag these hooligans to the cops...what makes me angry is i cant do anything to help the situation even though as a fanatical dogs supporter i want to...

hope you understand the anger i feel at these hooligans...

Danish

Referee
dazza said:
i know i`m in another country, but why can`t they wear their jerseys?

my kids love wearing their warriors jerseys to the games, & no way will i stop them. in saying that, from what i`ve read & heard, these morons don`t discriminate. so my kids would probably be targets for them, so if i was in sydney i would never go to a doggies game anyway.

i can`t comment on what to do, but something needs to be done, sooner rather than later. or someone is gonna get killed. it may be a harsh thing to say, but something like that may have to happen before the authorities wiil do something.

i hope it gets worked out soon.

cheers dazza

Sorry i didnt explain properly...

What i meant was if a family is split on which side of the stadium to sit in due to segregation and going for different teams, they can all sit together but you only wear the jersey of the section you are in. So if 2 kids go for the dogs and 1 for the warriors for example, you sit in the dogs area and kid No.3 can only wear dogs colours or none.

I didnt mean to stop the wearing of jerseys entirely.

ngunity

Juniors
Dakink said:
Thats the place to start, leading up to segregation and then empty stadiums. An increased police presence and lifetime bans from not only grounds but any football club membership as well. Plus the police\legal system need to start imposing real penalties for transgressors. Its something like $5000 for a streak why not $10000 (Figure out of my head) fine for inciting violence\ commiting violence at or near a game.

That's what I've been thinking. Field invasions seem to markedly decreased since $5k fines came into play. Big fines for any violent brawling or intimidation within the olympic park area would be a decent detterent if enforced

I think Sunday afternoon games only would also be a good idea. Everyone will feel safer in daylight

No alchohol also a good idea; even if the radical psychos don't drink doesn't mean the blind drunk opposition fans wearing wife beaters and shouting slurs don't. And it's always when you antagonise these maniacs that they make trouble....

Enforcement sounds like the biggest problem, they need a fair dinkum security force that has the powers and the guts to crack skulls, so people will stop turning violent and start something

Nikki

Coach
I say they get nothing but 2.30 Sunday games for the rest of the season and home games played out of the other stadium (is it the showground) and not telstra. The Showground is a bit smaller and should be easier to police. One flaw in that for the NRL and the main reason why they probably wouldnt consider it, they would lose money. A Sunday game probably wouldnt bring in the same amount of money as a Friday/Saturday night game. If the NRL were serious about erradicating this problem they would actually start doing something about it, not just keep dishing out the empty threats or "suspended" fines.

bluenwhite

Juniors
^actually, at bulldogs home games, sunday afternoon gmaes generally bring in a bigger crowd then a saturday night game.

imo the best thing for the club is no night home games until round 15. that sounds fair enough to me. no segregation of fans or anything. it's not necessary when there is only 10 - 20 people causing trouble at a 32578 crowd game.

drake

First Grade
Simple; hairstyles. By there dos you shall know them.

If you go to a game with a haircut where it looks like a collander was wacked on yer head and they shaved below it, then coated the top with enough gel to hold a 747 on the ground, you don't get it. These wankers all have the same production line hairstyles, give or take a rats tail or two and a bit of frosting.

bad_doggy_bad

Juniors
The solution to the 0.01% who F#$% it up for the rest of us is Public Humiliation... Police should eject trouble makers from the grounds and in the case of Telstra stadium, set aside a section of the tunnel manned by police where they can round up these Hooligans and keep a broadcasting camera on them throughout the game... So that whoever is broadcasting i.e. Channel 9 or FoxSports can have a Picture in Picture scenario so that everyone at home and on the big screen at the games can watch and have a laugh at the clowns throughout the game... Big Brother meets NRL

As for after game, I think we need to put in a Gazza Strip approach with tear gas and rubber bullets, F$%^ the Water Cannon.

What do u think ?>

forumbanner6cl.jpg

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Yeah, let's wait for them to kill somebody....

And then it still won't be their fault...it'll be the fault of the <insert_rugby_league_team> fans

innsaneink

Referee
drake said:
Simple; hairstyles. By there dos you shall know them.

If you go to a game with a haircut where it looks like a collander was wacked on yer head and they shaved below it, then coated the top with enough gel to hold a 747 on the ground, you don't get it. These wankers all have the same production line hairstyles, give or take a rats tail or two and a bit of frosting.

Well...... there goes Luke Pattens career.

ozzie

Bench
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
What about playing Bulldogs home games in regional coutry areas for a season?
I thought of this one - but would the country people put up with the episodes of misbehavior of a club. Heavens knows Newcastle and Bulldogs haven't actually covered themselves in glory (right or wrong).

Look Canterbury is well supported in the country areas and I know that they would pull in a big crowd in places like Wagga and other big centres. However, the players would have to be on their best behaviour and security would have to be tight to ensure no hooligans follow the team for a laugh and create problems outside the Sydney area.

I think daylight matches would be enough for me along with a greater emphasis on security on trains, outside the grounds etc. I think society has a problem as well to allow this to continue. I would like to say its all the bulldogs fault but hand on heart I can't. A minority of trouble makers are making it tough for them

Latest posts