What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tupou, Hurrell, Henry, Slaimankhel

playdaball

Bench
Can anybody remember us fielding a worse wing/centre lineup than that? I'm sure we have, but I can't remember one of the top of my head.

Unfortunate for Hurrell really to be lumped in with this lot. He's fantastic with the ball in hand and has a big future.

Could be right. Probably was back in the Endacott, Graham or Kemp eras.

Sorry already covered above

Meth

Staff member
1998 Round 16 was Staladi, Swann, Vagana, Oudenryan (with Galuvao playing fullback).

Round 18 was Oudenryan, Endacott, Vagana, Staladi.

Round 19 was Staladi, Endacott, Tatupu, Oudenryan (winner?)

beefstew

Juniors
Yeah, Hurell makes those 4 names look better than they are. But then again, so does Vagana in 2000.

If Hurrell was half as good defensively as Henry is, our for and against would be looking a lot better as well.....he's great with ball in hand,
but he and Maloney are being targeted by every team we play, and for good reason.

hitman82

Bench
The year 2000. St George 54 Warriors 0

2- Manuel 3- Hape 4- Vagana 5- Fa'afili

The opposing Dragons scored 7 tries against them.

...I'd say this one on performance, as 3 of those 4 players were pretty damn good players.

I would like to nominate Round 19, 1998

2- Staladi
3- Endacott
4- Tatupu
5- Oudenryan

We won that match by 1 point against a miserable Balmain team.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_1998/Round_19/Auckland-vs-Balmain/summary.html

...and this one for the actual line-up. It's disgraceful.

I would have nominated my own but sadly I could not access the necessary sites at work.

jaseg

Juniors
Oh ye of the short memory... I was at a game out in Penrith in 2008 (I remember it because it was the only game I went to that year, thanks to work o/s). Couldn't tell you the score, but we were well beaten. I believe the 2-3-4-5 was;

Ah Van / Ropati / Shortland / Crockett

Meth

Staff member

hitman82

Bench
Oh ye of the short memory... I was at a game out in Penrith in 2008 (I remember it because it was the only game I went to that year, thanks to work o/s). Couldn't tell you the score, but we were well beaten. I believe the 2-3-4-5 was;

Ah Van / Ropati / Shortland / Crockett

That's actually a w1n on all fronts. Well done. /thread.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And yet we were one off the GF that year. Incredible. Why the hell was Koopu playing five-eighth and Fien on the bench?

Meth

Staff member
And yet we were one off the GF that year. Incredible. Why the hell was Koopu playing five-eighth and Fien on the bench?

Yeah, a bit odd. If I remember correctly though, the Fien/Henderson combination was working well that year.

Latest posts