What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turner Snubs Titans

NGR

Juniors
Willow said:
The NRL did everything it could to encourage a relocation. The Gold Coast bid team made contact with a few Sydney clubs. But none of them would make the leap.

If you're worried about there being too many teams, perhaps you should talk to certain Sydney clubs who find themselves sandwiched geographically between other clubs, but refuse to budge.

At the end of the day, there had to be another team in SE Queensland, and GC put the bid together.
Yes, the roosters have no place in sydney anymore... off to the central coast for them :crazy:

This has to of hurt his chances of signing with clubs in the future,
when a club is on the lookout for talent, they also look at other things like the professionalism
of the player and sad to say after this circus Turner doesn't look like he possesses much at all.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gcbulletin said:
Steve Turner has been offered a 'get out of the Gold Coast' clause after just one season
The Titans couldn't be more reasonable.
Raider_69 said:
Turner would be absolutely stupid to reject that
Yep. It'll be interesting to see the response.

Boatharbour

Juniors
It is an example of the professionalism of the
Titans officials so offer this. Everything they
have done has been first class and the team
will reflect that on field.

skeepe

Immortal
Since when did Adam Mogg play for Melbourne? Or have I missed something that's obvious to everyone else?

cainen

Juniors
I'm thinking Mogg has the same player manager as Turner and that's why he was offered as a replacement?

If the gold coast's position was as strong as they've browbeated about for the last month, why would they offer any concession or compromise ? I'll tell you why, because they've got advice saying their case ain't that strong and that if it gets tested in a court of law melbourne would dust them up big time. You don't offer concessions and/or compromises if you have a `strong, watertight case you can't lose'

sheet_ed

Juniors
Turner should take the deal - he is a great player and a year at the Titans he could double his value on the open market.

Looks like Mogg will be heading to Melbourne.

Boatharbour

Juniors
Surely there would be a clause
from the Titans that stipulates
he can only excercise his release
next year if he returns to the
Storm ? therefore his value
would not be relevant.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Turner to meet with NRL
Written by: League news
20/11/2006

Defiant Melbourne winger Steve Turner will meet with NRL boss David Gallop on Wednesday to present his side of the story in the bitter tug-of-war for his services between the Gold Coast Titans and the Storm.

The NRL has sided with the Titans, who say they're willing to offer Turner a release after one season if he's unhappy on the Gold Coast. Gallop says he'll discuss the matter with Turner, Storm coach Craig Bellamy and club boss Brian Waldron but warns he won't be softening his stance.

Turner agreed to join the Titans on a three-year deal only to change his mind and re-sign with the Storm until the end of 2009.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?id=12527

Titans losing patience with recalcitrant Turner
Written by: League news
20/11/2006

Gold Coast Titans will withdraw their offer to release defiant Melbourne winger Steve Turner at the end of the 2007 season if he pursues legal action against the NRL club.

Turner will meet with NRL boss David Gallop in Sydney on Wednesday morning to plead his case in the bitter contractual dispute between Gold Coast and the Storm. Gold Coast managing director Michael Searle says he's losing patience with Turner and will fine the 22-year-old if he fails to show up at training on Monday.

The Titans are willing to offer the Penrith junior a release after one season if he's unhappy on the Gold Coast.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12529

innsaneink

Referee
Didnt the Raiders and Mogg try to get him out of his deal with Lah catalan when traitor boy signed with the Reds?

skeepe

Immortal
Yes they did, but then the oh-so-smart (not the sarcasm) Raiders management decided to tell the Canberra Times and other media outlets the exact terms of Mogg's deal with Les Catalans, and also what they were offering him.

Needless to say, Mogg reacted quite badly.

imasharkie

Coach
We'll now see how strong David Gallop really is.

If he gives in to the Storm and Turner he should rightly be crucified as he has said in the past that there is no way Turner will be granted a release from his Titans contract.

I hope Gallop stands by his dig and refuses to budge on the issue and if Turner refuses to honour his contract with the Titans then he should be made to sit on the sidelines as others have in the past.

Personally I'd like to see the NRL throw the book at Turner and ban him from playing any form of rugby for 5 years or more.

I would also hope that the Titans would sue Turner for millions.

dannyboy

Juniors
imasharkie said:
We'll now see how strong David Gallop really is.

If he gives in to the Storm and Turner he should rightly be crucified as he has said in the past that there is no way Turner will be granted a release from his Titans contract.

I hope Gallop stands by his dig and refuses to budge on the issue and if Turner refuses to honour his contract with the Titans then he should be made to sit on the sidelines as others have in the past.

Personally I'd like to see the NRL throw the book at Turner and ban him from playing any form of rugby for 5 years or more.

I would also hope that the Titans would sue Turner for millions.

Chill out a bit dude.

ledzep

Bench
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12538

Gold Coast officials will meet with renegade Melbourne winger Steve Turner in the next 48 hours to resolve the bitter contractual dispute between the Titans and the Storm.

Turner and girlfriend Kate met with NRL chief executive David Gallop this morning in Sydney to plead their case for staying in Melbourne. Gallop says Turner has some distressing personal issues to overcome but he's not prepared to reveal them.

The NRL boss also says he's sympathetic to Turner's plight but won't be budging on his position that the 22-year-old has a binding agreement with the Titans. Titans managing director Michael Searle says he's yet to be made aware of any compassionate grounds for Turner to be granted a release from his three-year agreement with the club.