What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turner Snubs Titans

meltiger

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Now who's biting? Anyway, I've just realised I've made a blunder and somehow attributed Waldron's quote to you, so my mistake.

Thanks for that little tirade though. Rather bizarre, I hope you didn't bust a blood vessel.

The tirade had nothing to do with anything you have ever posted on the forums. So that doesn't count as biting.

But I appreciate your back pedal, I have only said I want Turner to stay because I think it's good for the club. What his reason are, I couldn't care less.

Balmain_Boy

Thanks for clearing up what and what does not constitute biting.

Hardly a backpedal, just a recongition of a mistake. You should try it some time.

Let me know when you've taken the photos of those season tickets.

doggone

Juniors
Turner needs to realise his made a wrong decision and be man enough to stand by his word. his made his bed now he has to lie in it. No Turning back now.:-({|=

El Diablo

Post Whore
philstorm said:
Wow, someone is particularly antsy. For starters, the dimensions of Olympic Park are actually correct, though the in-goals are 30cm shorter.

when Parra played down there a few years ago Smith suspected the field was skinny. Someone measured the width and the commentators reported it was not wide enough.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hoggy said:
FFS just make a decision so everyone can get on with it.

Turner's got three Choices:

1) Play for the Titans
2) Sit out the Contract
3) Go To Court...And proceed to sit out the Contract when the Justice finds some time to stifle the laughter and hand down his judgement...

Redback71

First Grade
He hasn't signed anything with the Titans... Gold Coast and the NRL are f**ked.
I Hope he takes them all to court.

your idiot mate he may of not signed a contract but he made a verbal agree and he did it publicly as well.

so he made hes on bed and has to lie in it. i hope the titans dont back down and the storm are lucky they didnt get done for anti tampering

greeneyed

First Grade
Anyone that knows ANYTHING about contract law knows you don't have to sign a contract to be bound. He said he was going to the Titans, he accepted their deal, it was publicly announced, and good on the Titans and NRL for enforcing the contract and refusing to accept the Storm deal. It is time that players started to realise that their word is their bond, and just changing their mind isn't enough to justify going back on their word. Fair enough if both parties agree to terminate a contract, but it requires both parties to agree.

[Clinton Schifcofske might like to think about that too...]

Canard

Immortal
God some people are making him out to be a hero for "deciding" to stay with a lower profile club etc. and for "family" reasons etc.

Its fairly obvious what the real story is, some one from the Storm approached Turner and said "How much are they paying you?", Turner said something like "150,000 a year" and the Storm said "What??, We will double that!!!"

Boom, I just remembered I like Melbourne weather now..........

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Canard said:
God some people are making him out to be a hero for "deciding" to stay with a lower profile club etc. and for "family" reasons etc.

Its fairly obvious what the real story is, some one from the Storm approached Turner and said "How much are they paying you?", Turner said something like "150,000 a year" and the Storm said "What??, We will double that!!!"

Boom, I just remembered I like Melbourne weather now..........
bingo!!!.....money talks.

Whats Doing

Bench
Even if Turner had not verbally agreed himself, his manager has done so and as such a contract has been made under the laws of principal and agency.

Turner may be a professional footballer but he is acting in a most unprofessional manner. He needs to wake up to himself.

effnic

Bench
Would the Titans really want him there after all the fuss, i mean there will be a feeling in the club that the guy didnt even want to be here.

knights04

Bench
Turner is not even worth all the attention. I hope the Titans tear up his contract and leave him with no club for 3 years.

jc155776

Coach
Lowdown said:
And which court do you preside in? Or which legal practice do you work for? I'm going to hire you as you seem so confident...

What's your number?

lol...people pretending to be experts in law on a rugby league forum. The truth is you don't know whats going to happen with this case. You can speculate all you want. But I believe we have lawyers who are highly paid for a reason, and that is because law is complex, difficult to assess, and full of mind-fields and potholes. I suspect this one will go to court, and it could go either way.

I've finished two semesters of Contract Law. Turners f**ked.

And even then as an independent sporting body the NRL can choose not to register a contract if they so wish as per their guidelines and charter which each team agrees to to play in the comp each year.

Navjot

Juniors
Yeah Turncoat do yourself a favour and head north to the giants umm seagulls umm who are they again? why waste time sitting on the sidelines, the NRL are not gonna back down.

Misty Bee

First Grade
A Contracts a contract, as long as the signatories are over 8 years old. As for the crap 'young bloke making a mistake' line - see first sentance. How do you think PJ Marsh felt when his manager signed him to the Warriors after he agreed to terms with Parra? PJ honoured the LEGALLY BINDING contract with NZ.

Actually, Dave Vaealiki is a better case in point. Eel talent scouts enticed him over from NZ. Hot on the phone was Warriors head office to Fitzgerald, with whom Vaealiki had earlier signed a contract. Fitzy contacted his mum, who confirmed the story. He put him straight back on a plane to Auckland, with a swift apology to the Warriors staff.

Turner is a dickhead, and so are the Storm board. Waldron should have sent him up to Coolangatta ASAP. Breach of contract - and the NRL will refuse to ratify it, because their legal grounds are intact.

Why did I cheer this mob of morons on a month ago when I could have been watching Lost In Space on DVD??????

Latest posts