What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Ratings

IanG

Coach
We always keep hearing this talk about TV Ratings with the footy and it seems that the networks all seem to live and die by that sword.

I just find it amusing that their bottom line is based on a flawed system. For starters it doesn't take into account those who watch TV collectively. eg at Pubs and Clubs

To give you an example according to official figures the most watched sports even each year in Australia is the AFL Grand Final. But in reality you'd think it would have to be a certain 4 minute horse race that stops the nation on the first Tuesday in November each year.

Also we keep hearing about battles between 7 and 9. Why is it that channel 10 aren't included in those items? My guess is and I've had this vibe for a while that Channel 10 aren't as ratings drive and they try to appeal to a different demographic.

I also feel for those in the Southern States who are subjected to the lovers of AFL. As I Stated in another thread I'm glad I didn't move to Adelaide back in 2006.

perverse

Referee
popcorn.png

Eelementary

Post Whore
* Channel TEN is gay

* The statistics collected for their research do in fact take into account bars and clubs

* Horse racing is gay

* Channel TEN is gay

* More viewers equals more money - more money equals more hardee harr harrs for the fat wankers raking it all in

* Channel TEN IS GAY

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ian, Ian, Ian.

That is far too serious a discussion to be put in here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
when the AFL replay was on in my club last weekend, no one was watching it

I hope they took this into account

Martli

Coach
Well if you cut down on your contributions to the HWT I'm sure you could find a few spare hours.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's in their method, yes, but there is no way of getting a remotely accurate equation from every pub and club.

The entire ratings system is flawed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's in their method, yes, but there is no way of getting a remotely accurate equation from every pub and club.

The entire ratings system is flawed.

You're not wrong there, bud. I never said it was accurate. I just said they do incorporate it into their formulae.

But the whole ratings system is kind of moot anyway.

IanG

Coach
I'll be interested to see what happens with them this Friday Night with the delayed telecasts.

They'll probably pull any figure out of their arses to justify it and defend their decision making. Whoever made this decision is probably the same turkey who made the decision to not show the Cricket World Cup Final in full as well. hence why I wanna lop their head off and have'em for Christmas Dinner

Latest posts