What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV rights thread part 4

unforgiven

Bench
And you are sure that this extended even if they were not the current rights holder?

Yes. They would have had a 1st bid period of 3 months, when the next negoiation began, just like this time. The ARLC would then had to inform them of the highest bid, which they could match and the ARLC would have to accept their bid.

beave

Coach
yes.

7 had this for AFL during the 2007 bidding for their TV rights even though 9 and 10 had the TV deal at the time of negioations.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Parra is only trying to find something to complain about because this deal is a lot better and worth a lot more than what he thought or hoped for.

Parra

Referee
Parra is only trying to find something to complain about because this deal is a lot better and worth a lot more than what he thought or hoped for.

You need to understand the difference between a question and a complaint.

I've never read the clauses of this contract. Others seem to have.

Unforgiven even knows the period for the first bid to be made. Docbrown has confirmed it.

I assumed a lot of this would be commercial-in-confidence.

Seems I should just learn to believe whatever appears in the paper. As El D points out, only a gumby would question what they read in the paper.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I've never read the clauses of this contract. Others seem to have.

so where were you plucking your bullshit theories about them losing their first and last rights for the next bid if they didn't retain them this time?

Parra

Referee
so where were you plucking your bullshit theories about them losing their first and last rights for the next bid if they didn't retain them this time?

I asked a question.

You presumed to know the answer and then starting carrying on like a pork chop when pressed on why. Standard stuff.

A 3rd party have any rights over a contract, or future contracts, is not normal. In this case you and others have asserted that this is the way it is.

I haven't even asked you for any proof of your claims and you are still persisting.

You know the answer. I don't claim to.

You want to prove you are right - go ahead.

I have made no assertions, just asked a question. You want to make out otherwise to cover yourself - get f**ked.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I asked a question.

You presumed to know the answer and then starting carrying on like a pork chop when pressed on why. Standard stuff.

A 3rd party have any rights over a contract, or future contracts, is not normal. In this case you and others have asserted that this is the way it is.

I haven't even asked you for any proof of your claims and you are still persisting.

You know the answer. I don't claim to.

You want to prove you are right - go ahead.

I have made no assertions, just asked a question.
You want to make out otherwise to cover yourself - get f**ked.

:lol:

what a load of shit. read your posts below

dickhead

You are missing the point. If 10 had won this bid in 2012, News Ltd would have lost the F&L rights there and then anyway. As it stands, News win this bid, but had to forgo the F&L rights as part of the deal. Which is good. But if they failed in this current bid, they'd have no F&L rights anyway.

I am reading your comments as suggesting that even if 10 had won in 2012, News would retain F&L rights in future deals, even though they wouldn't be the current broadcaster.

I can't see how that would work. First & Last bid rights only work for the incumbent. You don't exercise those last rights and they are gone for good.

Parra

Referee
f**k you are a drain.

I started with "I can't see how that would work."

Then "They'd keep those rights, even if they lost the contract?"

Before you ask, No. I am not going to explain punctuation to you. Stick to name-calling and emo-icons.

OFFSET ALPINE

Juniors
Good point

We are still waiting for RL aus kick. It's only been 10 years

On another point
Can we please f**k off the CRL. What does it even mean ?

How come the QRL can run a whole state but it f**kon NSW, berowra and umina are run by total separate bodies

I thought we were getting rid of the myriad of RL's

f**k me how hard is it.

Thanks for the compliment on the NRL AUSKICK farce...Throw ol' mate.
Bit on the CRL/myriad RL duplication - You must remember that the incestuous self-interest "blazer brigade" is hard to shift from power.
Jobs for the boys is the charter of all corrupt,nepotistic organisations.
eg Labor party/AWU & HSU unions,Cricket Australia,ARU,NSWRL.
Ask yourself how Colin Love (ARL) can pay himself $1.35 mil for a RL world cup promo fizzer.
Why has NSW not jagged one first up Origin game (Game One) in 7 years?
Geoff Carr to G.Hughes July 2010 after another belting:
"bit harsh Graeme...we're goin' good,Graeme...we're close...we usually only lose 2-1..."
Carr appoints and PAYS BIG to an imposter from QLD to take 7 months to tell us what we had all known for 5 years...Bellamy up against his own big four doesn't work...more palm-greasing with our money.
So now - having appointed Ricky Stuart in January,2011 (after numb nuts Canavan review i could have compiled in 5 minutes)...and despite SOO interest flagged by Gus Gould 10 DAYS AGO...
this quarter-wit Carr has to rush in and appoint the nuff nuts FOX jibberer LOZ Daley in August...a clueless NSW selector for years...and a failed rep coach who can't even get a superstar CRL team up for a win against 3rd grade CITY nuffies like BJ Leilua...and "i love Ben Creagh & Jamie Buhrer & two props" fail FULTON is his selector.
Gallop to G.Hughes four years ago re 80% of fans wanting Try or draw:
"we've looked at GOLDEN TRY/10 minutes...and um um well um...what if you kicked 3 penalty goals (unheard of in 104 years of RL) and um um ...you led 16-10 and um..the other team scored a GOLDEN TRY and beat you 14-16...that's not fair..."
Way to go Gallop you moron - ever heard of 14-16...kick to come?
Terry QUINN CRL keeps the $3k the NRL clubs pay for CRL kids for "beers,prawns & bbq's" with his mates.This money is supposed to go direct to the country clubs.The Broncos & Sharks (& probably lol@50uff$) don't even bother sending the money - just steal kids from Orara like Jason McGrady & Nick Reed and Quinn doesn't even chase it up.
How do these RL administrator Tards stay outta gaol?
$1.25mil for that puppet stool-pidgeon Gallop as ARLC CEO when Bondijack could have run it on his ear for the past 7 years at $130mil pa not $60mil :
Reserve grade/under 23s - 3 or 4 daytime games - 6 interchanges - an 8-metre rule - Salary Cap discounts for juniors & 6-year veterans - HD monitors in the video box/not 15" grainy screens - downward pressure for a TRY - a SHEPHERD rule...
Look on the bright side THROW - as lame-duck and reactive as John Grant is looking on the seven issues above and many more - there WILL BE a reduction in the duplication of the "blazer brigade" for one reason - Grant is egotistical and wants to run it all anyway.
The CEO will be a puppet and so - like Gallop being sacked in disgrace and kept away from the new TV negotiation...and the 1v8 version of the McIntyre system - Grant won't cop co-existing with total failures like Geoff Carr and Terry Quinn for too long.
As for AFL's 13-year total domination of 12 noon - 5pm Saturday arvo ABC radio & FTA footy...

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's the news with Internet and mobile rights? When's the Telstra deal going to be done?

Will NZRL pay more than the current $14mill a year?

What's happening with naming rights? Any chance it won't be the Telstra premiership next season? Any chance Telstra will pay the money it's worth this time?

El Diablo

Post Whore
f**k you are a drain.

I started with "I can't see how that would work."

Then "They'd keep those rights, even if they lost the contract?"

Before you ask, No. I am not going to explain punctuation to you. Stick to name-calling and emo-icons.
trying to back out of it

gutless coward

applesauce

Bench
What's happening with naming rights? Any chance it won't be the Telstra premiership next season? Any chance Telstra will pay the money it's worth this time?

I am hoping for ANZ to get on board. AFL have NAB (Auskick and Preseason), Cricket have Commonwealth. ANZ is in Australia and New Zealand, and because of that with a good pitch from the ARLC could get a significant upgrade on even the AFL naming rights.

Latest posts