What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uaisele Set To Become Eel No. 707

yy_cheng

Coach
Given the leap on Folau it makes you wonder if Inu should have been moved to the wing or Jono Wright guven a shot...... Etu is a competitor but about 30cm too short.

For mine,

Should be

2. Hayne on Folau
3. TT
4. Reddy
5. Etu

Just for this game.

Furthermore, I think we do not need one of Hayne or INU on that Salary.

Reddy's signing provides basically some stability in the backs as he covers wing, centre, fb.

Could INU be picked as the one that DA might try to palm off?

I can bet alot of clubs would consider him.

DA talks more about Hayne's ability than he does INUs.

oldmancraigy

Coach
DA talks more about Hayne's ability than he does INUs.

Probably because Hayne has a lot more ability for one (not saying Inu has none - just that Hayne has loads).
Secondly, at least Hayne has been trying this year - not everything has been coming up roses for him, but even in a patch of 'bad form' he still leads the club in tries scored and linebreaks made - and on top of that he has 2 intercepts - one at the end of a lost game, which show he's trying (no, the intercepts do not count as line-breaks...).

I dunno if DA is trying to offload either of 'em - but if he is, it would make sense for Inu to be the one...

yy_cheng

Coach
Hayne might just do that little extra against Folau if they oppose each other face to face. Old Mates and big Egos.

I don't think we need 2 expensive outside backs when the team is missing talent in other areas.

So would this happen in 1-2 years time

1. Hayne
2. Etu
3. TT
4. Reddy
5. Gardner
6. KK
7. Mortimer

So from a BIG Backline in terms of size to a smaller one?

eels_

Juniors
I think speed is more important in backs than size... but speed AND size is obviously a good thing...

BTW this heading needs to be updated, as it has been on the EELS website. Etu will be eel 707 with 706 going to Jeff Robson in round 5 against the Dragons.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Mateo is playing 5'8th so that rules him out. Joe G has played ok so far this year, but he's more of an impact play rather than someone who's going to go out and play for 80 minutes. Lowrie was going ok back end of last year and first couple of games this year, he did play poorly on the wknd though but it's not like we have an abundance of experienced back rowers that we can just afford to chop and change every week. Oake and Lowrie can at least play 60 minutes + if needed, Joe is lucky to play 40. We need backrowers in the side who can be able to play 80 minutes if needed. Joe G will play 35 -45 minutes whether he's starting or on the bench, it doesn't matter.
No impact if your not in the team mate.:?

big boppa eel

Juniors
well that is a f**king disgrace. Joe is easily one of our best performers this season. wtf. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :x
Agreed DA has no f**ken clue in this case, unless Joe is injured if not dumb decision.

Last edited:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Sorry Raudonikis, have to disagree there, Cayless earnt his spot for this week.

167 metres from 20 hitups, 32 tackles and 2 offloads are good stats.
Why does he have to be embarressed by the Sunday papers to play this way, and when will perform like this again?

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed DA has no f**ken clue in this case, unless Joe is injured if not dumb decision.

It's been mentioned I believe, but Joe was taken off with what looked like a problem in the neck/shoulder/collarbone region and is probably long odds to play, hence being named outside the squad.

As for Lowrie, he's a solid player and was the only bloke last week who put his shoulder into some tackles...he's not flashy but he gets the job done. With the obvious cloud over Joe, Weller being useless, Oake being a stop gap measure and Horo, Wright, and Paulo either injured or not long back from injury, who else do you pick?

lingard

Coach
Honestly, I've the right to my opinion and as do you, and honestly at least I can explain my opinion instead of just sitting back and criticizing like the self centred person that you appear to be.

Psst. Hey, Eels dude. Don`t tell Raudonikis, but I think you`re right and he`s wrong on this. Don`t tell him, though - he might get cranky with me too! :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's been mentioned I believe, but Joe was taken off with what looked like a problem in the neck/shoulder/collarbone region and is probably long odds to play, hence being named outside the squad.

As for Lowrie, he's a solid player and was the only bloke last week who put his shoulder into some tackles...he's not flashy but he gets the job done. With the obvious cloud over Joe, Weller being useless, Oake being a stop gap measure and Horo, Wright, and Paulo either injured or not long back from injury, who else do you pick?

Actually, just on that...Sometimes we look like a union team defending out there (ie: using arms and no shoulders). WTF? Put some grunt in it and you'll find you'll win more games than you'll lose.

MikePatton

Juniors

THEY might be at opposite ends of the NRL ladder but Parramatta and Brisbane appear to be relatively stable on the field. Eels coach Daniel Anderson said yesterday Nathan Hindmarsh would play tonight, despite missing last weekend's clash with the Bulldogs with an ankle problem, although he said Joe Galuvao would play at the expense of Brendan Oake. Brisbane are expected to be 1-17.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/late-mail/2009/04/23/1240079798316.html

Latest posts