What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2010/11

hes just being a troll tho, Ridders. I take no notice of what this guy says.

I enjoyed the game myself, the battle was intense. Real seemed like they knew how to shut us down and then Messi produces some magic and all of a sudden, Barca are off the Wembley. Bring it on, Schalke ;)

lol Charles Bronson is the troll to end all trolls, third LU account and still failing. Funny how Chel$ki fans ignore the penalty which was denied for Barcelona in the first leg of that tie but when your club is as irrelevant in history as Chel$ki with no imprint in Europe you would cling to anything.

It's clear that Mourinho is doing the old Fergie deflection as pointed out by Ridders now reading the comments on various websites it has raged in to a 'Real v Barca: who gets decisions go their way?' instead of about how bad Mourinho has failed in the last 2 weeks in regards to his tactics against Barcelona and like Chel$ki fans he can't handle it.

Jose sure took the offside goal at the San Siro which is what got Inter through to the final so what's he on about?

WireMan

Bench
last two weeks? Jose won the cup?

Wasn't one team being robbed or anything like that, it was a horrible game with two teams with some of the best players in the world playing horribly.

You could make a case for all those players to receive at least a yellow card for either diving (heres looking at you Biscuits, Pedro and Di Maria), crowding round the ref (looking at you Barca), faking injury (Pedro, Biscuits, Alves good face hugging skills) or niggly tackles (the whole Madrid team, i mean what was Ramos doing when he got booked, he actually stepped over the ball to get Messi).

The tragic thing is the players were better than that, if it was Getafe doing what Barca did to beat the local rivals then alright, they have to try and get an upper hand against a much richer/better team, if they did what Madrid did and park a bus then ok, why attack to much when you could get ripped to shreds.

This was Barca, the bestest team to ever ever grace a pitch and a Madrid team that cost a gazillion quid to put together. Hopefully Uefa will say something but as no English teams were involved i doubt it.

Jose is a terrible loser, not sure what Fergie has to do with it, but if there is a link i'm sure TT will find it. :roll:

Ridders

Coach
last two weeks? Jose won the cup?

Wasn't one team being robbed or anything like that, it was a horrible game with two teams with some of the best players in the world playing horribly.

You could make a case for all those players to receive at least a yellow card for either diving (heres looking at you Biscuits, Pedro and Di Maria), crowding round the ref (looking at you Barca), faking injury (Pedro, Biscuits, Alves good face hugging skills) or niggly tackles (the whole Madrid team, i mean what was Ramos doing when he got booked, he actually stepped over the ball to get Messi).

The tragic thing is the players were better than that, if it was Getafe doing what Barca did to beat the local rivals then alright, they have to try and get an upper hand against a much richer/better team, if they did what Madrid did and park a bus then ok, why attack to much when you could get ripped to shreds.

This was Barca, the bestest team to ever ever grace a pitch and a Madrid team that cost a gazillion quid to put together. Hopefully Uefa will say something but as no English teams were involved i doubt it.

Jose is a terrible loser, not sure what Fergie has to do with it, but if there is a link i'm sure TT will find it. :roll:

Jose's post game comments was a deflection effort for the ages. Fergie would have been proud. I guess there will be some familiarity in that regard if he does eventually take up the Old Trafford post.

Sorta agree with the rest of the post though.

Last edited:

Mad Dogg

Juniors
what I want to see is a crackdown on what puyol and co did all game, running up to the ref and arguing over every decision.
Barca do it constantly.

They could potentially go down as one of the greatest sides of all time. Why they have to marry that to also being probably the biggest cheats I've ever seen from a top club, I don't know. And the more the opposition are troubling them, the more they do it.

Ridders

Coach
Barca do it constantly.

They could potentially go down as one of the greatest sides of all time. Why they have to marry that to also being probably the biggest cheats I've ever seen from a top club, I don't know. And the more the opposition are troubling them, the more they do it.

The worst is when Victor freaking Valdes runs nearly the length of the field to get his thoughs in. So annoying.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Uefa throws book at Real Madrid and José Mourinho after Barcelona game

• Real hit with five charges and Barça with one
• Barcelona to report Mourinho over 'fix' claim

Uefa will next week consider one of football's most volatile disciplinary cases ever, after handing Real Madrid five charges and Barcelona one over their ill-tempered Champions League semi-final on Wednesday.

José Mourinho's belief in the existence of a conspiracy against his side is unlikely to be assuaged by the Uefa charges, which include the possible violation by the Real Madrid coach of "the basic rules of decent conduct" in his post-match remarks.

The European governing body opened cases against both teams as the controversy generated by Barcelona's 2-0 away victory against a 10-man Real side continued. Two charges relate directly to Mourinho, who was sent to the stands during the game. After it he claimed the existence of a plot to ensure that the Catalan club reached the final. Barcelona said they would formally report Mourinho to Uefa; Real's Emmanuel Adebayor accused Barça of behaving like "babies".

"We're playing a man's game but every time we play against Barcelona and every time we touch them they go to ground and cry like babies," the striker said on Thursday. "Everyone talks about their fair play but I think they are a long way away from fair play. Their coach, their players and their bench are always crying."

It is believed that the Uefa refereeing committee is likely to discuss issues arising from the match – including the hounding of the referee, Wolfgang Stark, by both sides – before deciding whether to issue a directive to all its officials via Uefa's refereeing unit.

The rancour surrounding the match was ill-timed for Uefa given the high profile of the fixture, the huge worldwide audience for a Champions League semi-final and the ongoing Respect campaign to improve players' behaviour. The Uefa disciplinary committee will meet on 6 May, three days after the second leg, to consider a wide range of charges.

"The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to [the defender] Pepe, the dismissal of the coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match," Uefa said.

After a board meeting Barcelona said they would formally report Mourinho, despite the fact he had been charged by Uefa. "It is unacceptable for someone to question our titles and our relationship with Unicef," a spokesman said. "Our aim is not to pour petrol on the fire, it is to put the fire out. We believe that coaches should only talk about football and not outside things that only incite violence. We reject dialectic confrontation and Mourinho uses that too often."

The charge against Barcelona relates to the red card that was shown to their reserve goalkeeper, José Pinto, after a confrontation as the teams returned to the changing rooms at half-time. Possible sanctions against individuals range from a one- to a five-match ban and/or a fine; measures against clubs can result in anything from a warning to disqualification.

Mourinho was sent to the stands after protesting the sending-off of Pepe, for a foul on Daniel Alves, on the hour and with the score at 0-0. After the match the Portuguese manager accused Barcelona of wielding untouchable power in European football and said that their coach, Pep Guardiola, should feel "ashamed" if he wins a competition that "yet again" is engulfed in "scandal".

Mourinho said that his red card and that shown to Pepe had been unjustified and that it was not the first time Barcelona's opponents had been singled out for unfair punishment. He added that he would not say what he "really thinks" because he feared a life ban but said he felt "disgusted" to be working in football.

Mourinho tried to discredit Guardiola's 2009 Champions League victory and any success he might enjoy this year. He said: "I would be ashamed to have won it with the scandal of Stamford Bridge and if he wins it this year it will be with the scandal of the Bernabéu. I hope that one day he can win a proper Champions League."

Regarding Pepe's red card, Real posted footage on their website that, they said, "clearly shows the player only touched the ball". The club also accused Alves, who was carried off the pitch on a stretcher, of feigning injury.

The Real forward Ronaldo, who admitted he was unhappy with Mourinho's defensive tactics, said: "I feel bad for us and for Mourinho, because it always happens to him. Barcelona are a great team but these guys have a lot of power off the pitch, too. Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal. It's always the same. Is that a coincidence?"

clicky

They never used to dive so much. Its usually just Sergio and Dani Alves. sometimes Pedro.

Even tho my team does it. Divers should get a red card or a suspension imo.

hellteam

First Grade
Bale has been diving a bit lately... Guess he's showing off for the barca scouts ey

In all seriousness though, it is sickening to see. Plus what makes it worse is the players sprinting up to the ref begging him to send a player off. What a joke.

Football is a great sport, but gee it's tough to defend to it's critics when it descends into a farce which happens so often

aqua_duck

Coach
Seriously Mourinho is a wanker of the highest order, maybe he can remembr how he won his 2 champions league titles, last year Inter scored a blatant offside goal to take them through and when he won it with Porto, Man Utd had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside in the semi that would've won them the tie.
Sore loser, talentless player, and wanker coach

There's no bigger myth in football than this.

The worst decision in that game was Abidal getting sent off because Anelka tripped himself over.

bhc585.jpg

hes just being a troll tho, Ridders. I take no notice of what this guy says.

I enjoyed the game myself, the battle was intense. Real seemed like they knew how to shut us down and then Messi produces some magic and all of a sudden, Barca are off the Wembley. Bring it on, Schalke ;)

lol this kid. you enjoyed what battle? that was the worst case of anti football I have seen in almost a decade (bar some games in the WC)

either team will get eaten alive by manure in the final and I f**king hate manure.

lol Charles Bronson is the troll to end all trolls, third LU account and still failing. Funny how Chel$ki fans ignore the penalty which was denied for Barcelona in the first leg of that tie but when your club is as irrelevant in history as Chel$ki with no imprint in Europe you would cling to anything.

It's clear that Mourinho is doing the old Fergie deflection as pointed out by Ridders now reading the comments on various websites it has raged in to a 'Real v Barca: who gets decisions go their way?' instead of about how bad Mourinho has failed in the last 2 weeks in regards to his tactics against Barcelona and like Chel$ki fans he can't handle it.

Jose sure took the offside goal at the San Siro which is what got Inter through to the final so what's he on about?

no idea about third account nonsense you keep yapping on about.

weigh up the bad decisions each team got and then open your mouth.

also, Mourinho > any manager to ever manage bayern in the history of football.

how do you like them truth apples?

Barca do it constantly.

and the sad part is the will keep getting away with it

atleast hit them with heavy fines after the game if they are too scared to card them.. do something.

boxhead

First Grade
I am really glad I didn't watch the game, not at all because of the result - I was expecting Barca would do the number on us - but because of those dramas that have been brought up here. At it's worst, football can be absolutely disgraceful. Hopefully the next tie isn't anything like this.

The worst is when Victor freaking Valdes runs nearly the length of the field to get his thoughs in. So annoying.

You can only blame the piss weaks refs in La Liga for that they allow all of that garbage and then some every match every week, the other leagues like EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 don't have that crap all that often if ever.

I am really glad I didn't watch the game, not at all because of the result - I was expecting Barca would do the number on us - but because of those dramas that have been brought up here. At it's worst, football can be absolutely disgraceful. Hopefully the next tie isn't anything like this.

Fake Madrid were just as guilty.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i cant stand the bloke but "The Special One" has won just as much as Hitzfeld

And thats a bit slack on one Guss Hiddink who has taken 4 different countries to the final 16 or better at the world cup, and won numerous club titles just not the CL.

And with Aqua duck, if Barcelona are so great, why is it they dive at every chance they get?

Latest posts