What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2010/11

Ridders

Coach
Should Mourinho be given the boot?
I mean he came in, had a star studded squad at his disposal, added big names including Ozil, Khadira, Di Maria, and Cavalho and achieved nothing more than a Copa Del Rey victory whilst residing over Real's most embarrassing ever loss in a Clasico.
Cappello won the league a few years ago and was given the boot, and he never parked the bus as badly as Jose in the Clasico matches

For me this partly was a contributing factor in his amazing outburts after the 0-2 loss in the first leg. With La Liga all but Barca's, the CL was his main hope.

He has to be under some pressure. By Real's standards, he's failed miserably. I think he's safe though. He seems to have more sway there than the managers that preceded him.

For me this partly was a contributing factor in his amazing outburts after the 0-2 loss in the first leg. With La Liga all but Barca's, the CL was his main hope.

He has to be under some pressure. By Real's standards, he's failed miserably. I think he's safe though. He seems to have more sway there than the managers that preceded him.

Apparently the Franco's copped the 5-0 arse rape because they acknowledge Barca are great but no
UCL title next year and the brat is out

aqua_duck

Coach
At FC Franco 2 things are expected if a manager, to win trophies, and to win playing attractive football, the not so special one has failed on both accounts, if his name wasn't Jose Mourinho I've got no doubt he'd be given the sack

At FC Franco 2 things are expected if a manager, to win trophies, and to win playing attractive football, the not so special one has failed on both accounts, if his name wasn't Jose Mourinho I've got no doubt he'd be given the sack

Evening winning trophies and playing attractive football isn't good enough they have to win the UCL or else, we all remember the Del Bosque (their best manager for a long time) debacle.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the Cup though lol

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm sure Real Madrid 10/11 will be remembered like past legendary Copa Del Rey winning teams such as Sevilla 09/10, Espanyol 05/06, Zaragoza 04/05, Mallorca 03/04 and Deportivo 02/03, only difference is those teams managed to win it with 5% of the budget Mourinho had

That Deportivo team of 10 years ago would beat Fake Madrid of this season and do it in style, one of my favourite teams ever. They won the league aswell one year and had a great matchup with either PSG or Lyon in the CL they were terrific.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Had to lol at David Zdrilic's interpretation of the advantage rule (when he was claiming that the Higuain's goal should have stood). I've never heard of a situation where the team with advantage being played was then allowed to have a subsequent foul (that they comitted) go unpenalised because they had advantage.
Ronaldo didn't foul him though. Ronaldo was fouled and as he hit the ground he made some contact with Mascherano. It was a direct result of a foul on Ronaldo, so it's play on in my eyes. Anywhere else on the field and there's not a chance that would be called back for a foul.

Also, Mascherano could easily have kept going (and did for another step and a half) but then threw himself to the ground when he realised he wouldn't stop Higuain from scoring. The last replay in this video shows it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQd1U3-FzE&feature=player_embedded

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ronaldo wasn't even fouled. He took a dive.

Shock, horror.

So he effectively threw himself onto Mascherano's legs which in my eyes is a foul. Feining a foul to cause a foul is still a foul!

half

Coach
i'd wager that anyone who thinks ronaldo took a dive is well obese and has never run fast

hellteam

First Grade
Ronaldo was fouled. Mascherano dived, and added in the little roll in the end for good measure the wanker.

Will be cheering for man utd in the final for sure

Jason Maher

Immortal
Nice performance from our B team this morning. Nice to be in a postion to rest key players, with our recent schedule and with the League still on the line, we needed it. Good to see Anderson score a couple too.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Ronaldo didn't foul him though. Ronaldo was fouled and as he hit the ground he made some contact with Mascherano. It was a direct result of a foul on Ronaldo, so it's play on in my eyes. Anywhere else on the field and there's not a chance that would be called back for a foul.

Also, Mascherano could easily have kept going (and did for another step and a half) but then threw himself to the ground when he realised he wouldn't stop Higuain from scoring. The last replay in this video shows it perfectly.

You could say the same thing for Ronaldo. If anything, the contact by Ronaldo on Mascherano was more clear cut than the one by Pique on Ronaldo.

While I think that there's barely any contact between Pique and Ronaldo, hypothetically let's say that Pique did foul Ronaldo and that caused Ronaldo to fall into Mascherano's legs. Shouldn't that just be called back for the foul by Pique. Isn't falling into someone's legs a foul? Why should the foul on Mascherano be ignored?

hellteam

First Grade
You could say the same thing for Ronaldo. If anything, the contact by Ronaldo on Mascherano was more clear cut than the one by Pique on Ronaldo.

While I think that there's barely any contact between Pique and Ronaldo, hypothetically let's say that Pique did foul Ronaldo and that caused Ronaldo to fall into Mascherano's legs. Shouldn't that just be called back for the foul by Pique. Isn't falling into someone's legs a foul? Why should the foul on Mascherano be ignored?

So if I walk up to a player from the other team and push him into someone from my team, he has commited a foul too by hitting my player?

lol are you serious? Mascherano goes down immediately after contact but anyway Ronaldo ran straight in to Pique looking for the foul. Ronaldo wasn't even trying to pass the ball he had nothing on his mind but taking contact, going down and getting a free kick in a good position.

I love the EPL fans are jumping on the Barca cheat bandwagon.