What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Danish

Referee
f**king hell I actually like watching Barca play but Jesus Christ their fans are f**king tards :lol:

Chelsea implemented a game plan that saw them best the best team on the planet, and they are copping shit for it :lol:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Barca have nothing unless the red sea parts for them so what chelsea did was great lets see if they can back it up next week

WireMan

Bench
Entitled/earned the right - whatever. I have no problem with a side going away to a hostile environment and trying to defend a 2 goal lead with negative tactics. I do have a problem with a side playing such timid football AT HOME where they have the full support of the crowd.

Also answer me this: if Chelsea are so much better than Barca as you and Magpie claim, why didn't they win by more than 1?

You are having a 'mare here mate.

I never said Chelsea were so much better. The fact is they are not better.
So they have two choices:
1) Play lovely open football trying to mimic an alien style the team you are playing plays very well. PS. you will get stuffed.
2) Play a tight defensive game and win. Do not concede an away goal and set yourself up to at least have a go in the Nou Camp.

Go on, your the manager. What would you do?

Obviously you have to assume that at some point you have earned the right to chose how you wish to play football. Wouldn't want to upset numpties who think that anything under 750 passes in the game is the wrong way to play or something.

Big Sam

First Grade
1) Play lovely open football trying to mimic an alien style the team you are playing plays very well. PS. you will get stuffed.
2) Play a tight defensive game and win. Do not concede an away goal and set yourself up to at least have a go in the Nou Camp.

Go on, your the manager. What would you do?

In terms of Option 1, you can't mimic Barca (look at Arsenal last year). Milan however were quite positive when playing Barca this year in terms of player selection and tactics and held their own in 3 of the 4 encounters.

In answer to your question, as I've said I have no problem with Chelsea playing the way they did on Wednesday but away (though it won't work of course). But to play like they did at home when they should be using their advantage to attack is ridiculous and negative.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Huh? Last I checked, winger was a midefield position. And Cantona was an attacking midfielder, not a striker, at least in his time for United.

Eddie.

Bench
Barca should still qualify this morning.

For the best team in the world to lose their own league and not make the CL final would be a disaster for them. I just can't se fit happening, can't see them wasting all those chances like they did at the Bridge.

I'm sure Chelsea will be brave and make it difficult, however Barca are wounded and I think they will bounce back and get the opportunity for some revenge against Madrid in the final.

Latest posts