What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Bayern are a real chance this year. Barring a miracle they are through to the semis and I can really see them turning Real over. A final at home then, who knows?

We have a relatively smooth league draw remaining bar BvB so that should help.

When's the next Clasico? Hopefully in between the semi final, if we make it.

langpark

First Grade
Lol @ S04. Athletic are something else. Their team will get ravaged in the summer

Part of agrees, the other part thinks it won't be the case.

I've been waiting since Euro 2008 for Llorente to get bought by a bigger club, it hasn't happened.

I guess their Basque-only player policy has not only made them a tight-nit team, but the players seem to be more loyal to the team as a result...

On that note, I didn't realise, but there's actually an Argentine team playing in Europa League!
www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/03/2...lube-de-portugal/fc-metalist-kharkiv/1274376/

PS: 22nd of April is the next Clasico...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Part of agrees, the other part thinks it won't be the case.

I've been waiting since Euro 2008 for Llorente to get bought by a bigger club, it hasn't happened.

I guess their Basque-only player policy has not only made them a tight-nit team, but the players seem to be more loyal to the team as a result...

On that note, I didn't realise, but there's actually an Argentine team playing in Europa League!
www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/03/2...lube-de-portugal/fc-metalist-kharkiv/1274376/

PS: 22nd of April is the next Clasico...

I know that Spurs have been trying to coax him for 2 years as Harry is a fan but he's on €140K a week at AB which is something Spurs just dont pay.

I'd rather have him at 140K than Ade at 180K, its not just the wages, he a much better striker imo.

langpark

First Grade
He's much better than Adebayor. I guess one big problem affecting Llorente's career has been injuries.

But, I still maintain, if Chelsea had signed him instead of Torres, they'd be in contention for first place right now, rather than being 23 points adrift.... (and they would have saved upwards of 20 million)...

langpark

First Grade
I'm hearing mixed reports about whether Pato will play tonight or not. I guess he'll probably be on the bench and come on at the end.... I'd love to see him slice the Barca defence like he did in the group stage...

If Barca are eliminated and Franco CF & Bayern go through that really throws a spanner in the works. The Clasico would be on the weekend between FCB/RM and if RM win they all but win La Liga but it could come at a cost of the CL.

Massive test to see how good Franco CF really are

Big Sam

First Grade
Yep agree with Big Sam, FCB v OM will be huge :D

:lol: Marseille are so inept, I expect Bayern to hit 7 again.

I'm hearing mixed reports about whether Pato will play tonight or not. I guess he'll probably be on the bench and come on at the end.... I'd love to see him slice the Barca defence like he did in the group stage...

Also from what I'm reading Xavi and Cesc will start.

A mistake by Mexes leads to a Messi breakaway who kinda messes it up but still winds up with a penalty which he scores from. 1-0 Barca

also I'd like to add I loved at the start the commentator was saying "everywhere you look there are famous faces" and just as he says that, the camera points to Cuenca. LOL

yep, altho the 2nd one was for tugging the shirt at a corner. its good to see this stuff stamped out, it should be a penalty, but often isnt called

Latest posts