What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates from CUA

Hellsy

Immortal
LOL, though I fully agee with all your sentiments, you know what its like around here Hellsy, just wait till we suffer an actual loss in the season proper. :lol::crazy:

They should just go nut themselves now... seriously... FAAARRRKKKKKK MMMMEEEEEEE

rambo1

Juniors
I thought Ecca the wrecker jnr played well. I wasn't flawless but as others have said it was a trial. He looks fit and strong and ran with purpose. I would not have liked being on the receiving end of some of his hits

Fee

Juniors
I think for Erics first game back he played well,yes he made a few mistakes but tell me who doesnt, after all, the players are just human like us and we all make mistakes sometimes dont we. Eric was running the ball up really strong,I dont see what all the fuss is about.

Stagger eel

Staff member

lingard

Coach
I think for Erics first game back he played well,yes he made a few mistakes but tell me who doesnt, after all, the players are just human like us and we all make mistakes sometimes dont we. Eric was running the ball up really strong,I dont see what all the fuss is about.

I guess the fuss is about: he hasn`t played well for about three years and he`s REALLY got something to prove. He actually IS on trial, maybe more than any other player. That`s what the fuss is about. I don`t like the guy`s style of play or his attitude in recent years. I`m more than happy to give him a go, but I think he`s gunna have to really pull something out of the box if he`s to replace Reddy or Tautai in the starting line-up. Those guys really tried hard last year and deserve a start in the top side ahead of a guy who`s underperformed for three years. That`s why Grothe is under the microscope. That`s what all the fuss is about!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Peni Terepo was also mentioned in that story, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to Delboy that he was outstanding.

Jacob Gagen from Mathews was definitely a standout.

Fee

Juniors
I guess the fuss is about: he hasn`t played well for about three years and he`s REALLY got something to prove. He actually IS on trial, maybe more than any other player. That`s what the fuss is about. I don`t like the guy`s style of play or his attitude in recent years. I`m more than happy to give him a go, but I think he`s gunna have to really pull something out of the box if he`s to replace Reddy or Tautai in the starting line-up. Those guys really tried hard last year and deserve a start in the top side ahead of a guy who`s underperformed for three years. That`s why Grothe is under the microscope. That`s what all the fuss is about!

All I am trying to say is to give the guy a break, it was his first game back in a first grade side for a while,why cant everyone wait to bag him out until he has played a few games. To me it just sounds like a lot of people just dont like him,which I cant understand why because I am sure not everyone knows him.Apart from a few mistakes he played well last night and he ran the ball really strong.

lingard

Coach
All I am trying to say is to give the guy a break, it was his first game back in a first grade side for a while,why cant everyone wait to bag him out until he has played a few games. To me it just sounds like a lot of people just dont like him,which I cant understand why because I am sure not everyone knows him.Apart from a few mistakes he played well last night and he ran the ball really strong.

I`m not saying I don`t like him. I get frustated by him because, secretly, I think he has more talent in him than Hayne and Inu put together - he`s fast, great fend, strong, has even got ball-skills - but I haven`t seen him use that talent for ages. I`m all for giving the guy a go. If he does succeed this year, I`ll say "Welcome back Eric, where have you been, man?" But I think he really does have something to prove. Good luck to him. By the way, I didn`t see the game last night so I`ve no idea how Eric went. We`re getting pretty conflicting reports about that game, aren`t we?

Last edited:

The P Eel

Juniors
So...

Hayne went well @ 5/8th...no hang on, he was crap.
Finch steered the team well......no he was crap too.
But Grothe went well....... when he wasnt crap playing crap as well.
Keating was OK, when he also wasnt being crap.
Tautai cant pass.
Ben Smith limps.
Feleti was ordinary...when he wasnt being good?
But Hindy is a legend.

So the best thing out of the game was the final score.

FMD I cant wait 4 the Warriors game so I can get an idea.

On last night's evidence..IMO
Tautai swap for Reddy
Grothe was solid :)
We missed B Smith's defence last year
Mannah looks pretty good - handled the step up ok as did Broderick
Mateo is definitely a lock
Hayne will improve at 5/8 with time
Kingston made no impact :( - looking for improvement there - on last night M Keating will be starting hooker
Penrith will be better with Pritchard and Petero - their young backs - coote, graham et al will continue to do well.

grapeape

Juniors
NEWS FROM INSIDE THE SHEDS ...

i dont think parratv would have caught this but ...

inu got slammed by DA in the sheds after the match. coz inu came off with an injury and then was ready to go back on 10min later. DA slammed him for wasting 1 substitution. Told inu to suck it up and play on or come off.

bought up hayne for dropping the ball 5 times. said it was a 'diamonds and rocks' performance. some great plays and some dud plays.

DA seems like a headkicker. does he realise this is only a trial game?

Kornstar

Coach
Imo after reading these forums since the game last night, DA is doomed, people who were whinging about a TRIAL win last night will be the same people who will be ripping in to DA and the players with their first loss......

Read Sterlo's article about the player drain and then realise that DA can only do what he can do with the players that he was left with.

Last night already showed me that DA has these boys playing better than any game from last year with Hagan at the helm!

I'm definitely with Hellsy, this forum could be a very nasty place this year.......

Hellsy

Immortal
Imo after reading these forums since the game last night, DA is doomed, people who were whinging about a TRIAL win last night will be the same people who will be ripping in to DA and the players with their first loss......

Read Sterlo's article about the player drain and then realise that DA can only do what he can do with the players that he was left with.

Last night already showed me that DA has these boys playing better than any game from last year with Hagan at the helm!

I'm definitely with Hellsy, this forum could be a very nasty place this year.......

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Seriously......... seriously

yy_cheng

Coach
It's better than oh it's ok Jarryd, you only dropped the ball 5 times we have 26 rounds to go so you can slowly improve.

What do you think Bellamy would say?

We want professionals here, it's not a day centre where you just throw the ball around

Stagger eel

Staff member
if infact DA did lose his cool in the dressing room than good on him....

toughin up buttercups.

Latest posts