What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates from CUA

Hellsy

Immortal
A little butt-kicking never hurt anyone. Neither did constructive criticism.
But blind ravings by keyboard jockeys are worthless

Fee

Juniors
I`m not saying I don`t like him. I get frustated by him because, secretly, I think he has more talent in him than Hayne and Inu put together - he`s fast, great fend, strong, has even got ball-skills - but I haven`t seen him use that talent for ages. I`m all for giving the guy a go. If he does succeed this year, I`ll say "Welcome back Eric, where have you been, man?" But I think he really does have something to prove. Good luck to him. By the way, I didn`t see the game last night so I`ve no idea how Eric went. We`re getting pretty conflicting reports about that game, aren`t we?

I think the reason we are getting conflicting reports about last nights game is because some people cant wait to put the boot in even though most of our first grade side had their first trial last night. I know they have been training for a few months but there is only so much training will get you ready for,the crowds and the fact you are playing against another NRL team all add different aspects to the game, they are not running aronund Parra stadium running into team mates holding pads.I was happy we had no injuries and we played with more purpose last night than we did all of last year, there were improvements. We cant expect miracles overnight, they need some time.

HevyDevy

Coach
It's better than oh it's ok Jarryd, you only dropped the ball 5 times we have 26 rounds to go so you can slowly improve.

What do you think Bellamy would say?

We want professionals here, it's not a day centre where you just throw the ball around

Jarryd said that Daniel came straight into the sheds and went through every aspect of his game - both positive and negative.

For Daniel's two cents, he said that it was an up and down day but that progress had been made. The main thing is to get Jarryd more involved which certainly worked.

It was a scrappy game but what else would you expect? The positives were that the defence was strong and the attitude impressive.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if infact DA did lose his cool in the dressing room than good on him....

toughin up buttercups.

how often did we hear Hages say he was happy with some of our mediocre performances last year

DA obviously sets the bar a bit higher, trial or no trial,

he's a true professional

Stagger eel

Staff member
how often did we hear Hages say he was happy with some of our mediocre performances last year

DA obviously sets the bar a bit higher, trial or no trial,

he's a true professional

look, DA calls a spade a spade, the guy did say to me outright that for us to perform, we need find something in the younger guys to step up, that to me indicates that he doesn't have a great deal confidence in the more established crop in the side, bare in mind that he inherited this squad, he didn't create it.

He also sent something to me at the Pricey statue thing, that sent shivers down my spine and that's the fact that although he hasn't even thought about 2010, he is off the opinion that there isn't a great deal under the cap with what's already taken up. :?

Gronk

Staff member
look, DA calls a spade a spade, the guy did say to me outright that for us to perform, we need find something in the younger guys to step up, that to me indicates that he doesn't have a great deal confidence in the more established crop in the side, bare in mind that he inherited this squad, he didn't create it.

He also sent something to me at the Pricey statue thing, that sent shivers down my spine and that's the fact that although he hasn't even thought about 2010, he is off the opinion that there isn't a great deal under the cap with what's already taken up. :?

At the same time the Roosters are now mooted as the favs to sign Dave Williams. WTF ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
well...as I've done for so long, I just shrug my shoulders and concede that they can do things a little smarter than what we can..not sure what else to say.

Delboy

First Grade
As you talk about the cap, what about the Sharks, they have financial issues, they lose Noddy and sign Tupou, Highes,Barrett and Matuia... I know Zaps is smart operator, but I would imagine a lot of their stuff would be backloaded.

Then they signed a lot of second tier players like Afamasnaga and others... very interesting, there will be a bill to pay somewhere

sooperdooper

First Grade
F/t NYC Parra 14 Penrith 30, score stretched at the end, we blew a try and Penrith then went down the field and scored on the bell.

Pretty disjointed, Stagger thinks we will be middle of the road team, tongue in cheek we were outcoached by our old coach Culnane agst Daisy, no surprise.

Best Nathan Gardner until he got busted and went off, Te Whata and Auremi and TK Amosa went ok, the others need to develop a bit, Penrith have good half and hooker... took the game to us in a big way.

First grade to come

what number was auremi?
we will struggle in the 20's in my eyes and have heard that from a player in the squad too.
Lack up front

sooperdooper

First Grade
Mannah did very well but struggled in the end with fitness, I thought he matched with pace and defence though and infact made a clean break in the second half which lead to coote having to throw everything he had to him.

thats odd as mannah is the fittest foward at the club?

Nikki

Coach
I feel the same Sooper. I just dont think Daisy will do well at nurturing and developing talent. More so he will just coach whats in front of him. Hope to God he proves me wrong tho.

sooperdooper

First Grade
my feedback on some of the topic on here:
* Hayne at 5/8 i would say it was a good hitout, it was his first game at 5/8. Showed promise, should start the season there.
* Mateo, great player. best on park in my eyes, always threatning and that offload is unreal.
* Weller, stepped up.. but he trialled great last season too. lets hope he keeps it up.
* Mannah, Wright. I thought these guys did a great job, in the mix for the 17.
* Ben Smith a massive missing link last season. Defended well as stated. VERY IMPORTANT
* Guru, good hit out.. few errors but will be better for it.

Latest posts