What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

lolesi

First Grade
Page one from the millennial play book. Go for the gold even if you're not qualified and f**k over everyone you can on your way there. Remember, it's all about you.

We need to be more selfish after you baby boomers got all the property at such a good price !

(Just relax Boomers, I’m only mucking around)

carcharias

Immortal
Today I have announced my decision to f**k over my teammates, all the coaching staff and fans of the cronulla Sharks. I am chasing my NFL dream, for a year anyway, and will be back in Townsville in 2020, thanks for everyones support,

Val Holmes.
Ha
Pretty much

snout

First Grade
Today I have announced my decision to f**k over my teammates, all the coaching staff and fans of the cronulla Sharks. I am chasing my NFL dream, for a year anyway, and will be back in Townsville in 2020, thanks for everyones support,

Val Holmes.
Are you pizzed Val because the coach didnt automatically ordain you as fullback last preseason?

And that he brought in that inked up guy from the Drags?

And publicly stated you had to fight for the spot.

Have you been thinking all year how you could get out of the joint?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Are you pizzed Val because the coach didnt automatically ordain you as fullback last preseason?

And that he brought in that inked up guy from the Drags?

And publicly stated you had to fight for the spot.

Have you been thinking all year how you could get out of the joint?
Are you seriously defending Val's actions Snout?

txta2

Bench
It must be said
It was a merkin act not telling his coach club and team mates.
Reading between the lines and Gals response...it was a big f**k you to the Sharks for not releasing him to the cows. When Flange said over his dead body, that's when it happened.
To follow his dreams is bullshit and it's obvious his manager and especially,Nike, will cover his expenses because he won't make it...wayyyy to small

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is it true his current contract, well former contract, was front ended?

If so we won’t even make the saving we should.

Also would mean the merkin was overpaid somewhere along the line.

Just askin’ cause I heard this recently.

Can someone please explain this part of the Sharks official statement to me
"While this is in no way the outcome the Club planned for, there was no option but to grant a release to Holmes."

There was no option?
The club couldn't say "sorry son, you've signed, you play. Chase your next career after 2019" ?
If this was the case and he defied the order wouldn't the NRL, whom he is contracted to, step in?
It all comes across as weak as piss to me, by both player and club.

Eastview

Juniors
I love how Gallen has come out swinging saying how bad this is when he would be the first one on the plane if offered any sort of money... He has chased the cash his whole career... I wonder if Gallen will respond to Matt Rogers? I'm not holding my breath

carcharias

Immortal
Is it true his current contract, well former contract, was front ended?

If so we won’t even make the saving we should.

Also would mean the merkin was overpaid somewhere along the line.

Just askin’ cause I heard this recently.

Ha

I think I heard that too

Frenzy.

Immortal
I love how Gallen has come out swinging saying how bad this is when he would be the first one on the plane if offered any sort of money... He has chased the cash his whole career... I wonder if Gallen will respond to Matt Rogers? I'm not holding my breath

Not true. Manly offered Gallen a squizillion bux and he stayed a Shark.

His boxing money was a pseudo TPA he had to seek and gain permission for. He was allowed to do that by the club because he was able to take a pay cut and make it up in the ring. He has also had a long term TPA with Lonsdale and wanted to give them value as well

Gallen does not equal Holmes in any way.