What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Victorian Born Storm Players

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
timana tahu, a great eels junior.

if the eels stopped losing millions on other sports and instead put it into RL, maybe theyd have won a competition in the last 21 yrs

why mention Tahu?

this is about paying big bucks for the best juniors and not developing your own

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
hi.

i asked this before and you ignored it.

what happens to the salary cap. doesnt it apply to melbourne?

these players are probably not in their top 25. they are earning more at Melbourne though and that's why they went there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
hardly an eels junior. its an example of the eels paying big bucks for a newcastle junior just like the storm are accused of.

how hypocritical

yeah

these kids haven't even played first grade. Tahu had close to 100 games at Newcastle. i can really see the similarity

mong

El Diablo said:
yeah

these kids haven't even played first grade. Tahu had close to 100 games at Newcastle. i can really see the similarity

mong
at least by taking a junior from somewhere else, the storm have developed these players.

with tahu,its just taking advantage of all the work newcastle did developing him.

typical western sydney bludgers

no wonder the eels havent won a comp. in over 20 years, they are too lazy in developing the game in their backyard

tim smith.

parra offered the big bucks to lure him from queesland.

despite all the junior teams in the parra area, the club have to pinch a queesland junior.

and ED bags melbourne for doing exactly the same.

what a hypocrite

El Diablo said:
these players are probably not in their top 25. they are earning more at Melbourne though and that's why they went there.

so youve not heard of the 2nd tier Salary cap then.
:lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
you're as thick as two bricks dally

Parra have local junors playing in the NRL. not even all of them play for Parra

Melbourne have 0 and that number will never increase

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
at least by taking a junior from somewhere else, the storm have developed these players.

lol

sure

poaching promising Newcastle and Canberra juniors for big bucks that are already recognised talents is Melbourne developing them??

with tahu,its just taking advantage of all the work newcastle did developing him.

Newcastle got 100 games out of him

what did Canberra and Newcastle get for the two promising juniors i pointed out in this thread??

not 1 first grade game

they developed them and then the vultures swooped in with the $$$$$$$$

El Diablo said:
you're as thick as two bricks dally

Parra have local junors playing in the NRL. not even all of them play for Parra

Melbourne have 0 and that number will never increase

coming from someone who didnt know about the 2nd tier salary cap, your a full brick wall yourself.

timanu tahu - newcastle spent years developing him, along come parramatta and bludge off all that hard work.

tim smith - parra offered him tonnes of money to leave queensland and play for the eels.

and finally, 21 years since the eels won a competition.

too easy this

ben smith
mark riddell
and fuifui

all developed by other teams or taken from other areas by lucrative contracts.

how many eels FG eels players actually were born and played in the parramatta area ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
coming from someone who didnt know about the 2nd tier salary cap,
you just pull these stateemnts out of your arse?

i'm well aware of it

dunce

timanu tahu - newcastle spent years developing him, along come parramatta and bludge off all that hard work.
this all seems a bit too much for you

what do Tahu and Woolford have in common?

how are the cases even remotely similar??

it's been pointed out to you on numerous occasions but you still keep trying to say it's the same thing. it's not

just like your earlier comparisons of Folau and King

do you have any idea what you're on about??

i wonder what tangent you'll go off on next...

tim smith - parra offered him tonnes of money to leave queensland and play for the eels.
do you have a source?

sources for Melbourne's masive offering have been provided

and finally, 21 years since the eels won a competition.
covj8.jpg

too easy this
far too easy. you have come up with nothing. i don't think even you know where you're heading next and how it even relates to this

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
ben smith
mark riddell
and fuifui

all developed by other teams or taken from other areas by lucrative contracts.

how many eels FG eels players actually were born and played in the parramatta area ?

f**k me

you just don't get it

they were not poached for big bucks when they were juniors

this is what Melbourne do. i keep saying it, but it has not yet sunk into your brain

El Diablo said:
f**k me

you just don't get it

they were not poached for big bucks when they were juniors

this is what Melbourne do. i keep saying it, but it has not yet sunk into your brain

so when ben smith and tim smith came from other areas to parra, it wasnt for money?

what did, crusher show them a picture of george st parramatta?

what a hypocrite.

El Diablo

Post Whore
dallymessenger said:
so when ben smith and tim smith came from other areas to parra, it wasnt for money?

you're telling the story

you said they did. no source provided

what did, crusher show them a picture of george st parramatta?

i don't think crusher actually discovered them

what a hypocrite.

something you haven't even come close to proving

Floods

Juniors
El Diablo said:
do you have a source?

sources for Melbourne's masive offering have been provided

Where are these sources, I thought I read through the thread articles properly but where are the quotes about how much they are earning? Not trying to start anything just wondering, would be interesting to see the money they are on compared to other clubs.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Floods said:
Where are these sources, I thought I read through the thread articles properly but where are the quotes about how much they are earning? Not trying to start anything just wondering, would be interesting to see the money they are on compared to other clubs.

here's one

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22987977-11088,00.html

Canberra general manager Don Furner said while the Raiders were interested in keeping Woolford, the lucrative Storm offer was simply too good.

"He's a good kid but we just can't go paying that sort of money," Furner said.

the other http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=3611352#post3611352

roopy said:
see - that is why people are beginning to think your side is a waste of space.
Miller is the 21st junior rep player you have on the books - and you have bred zero of them.
Miller has been let out of a contract at the Knights because he needs the extra money the storm are offering to stay playing football (to support his family i think) - and you have to ask, if the storm have huge money for juniors, why arn't they spending a bit of it on Melbourne juniors. Miller was on 30k at the Knights and some of the extra you are giving him would support a hell of a lot of junior teams in melbourne.

Train some kids you bludgers.

Brycey

Juniors
They can't afford to pay him that good money cause they spend it on other promising juniors the Raiders already have.

Welcome to the salary cap, it spreads talent around.

im guessing you didnt read those links.

it says woolford was disappointed with the offer canberra made for him and other clubs offered more. nothing wrong with players going for more money in a professional game.

and the storm werent the only club after him.

since you are a little slow, there is a 2nd tier SC which means the storm have a limit to spend on juniors, like every other club. its just they have better management than other clubs in selecting those players.

at least the storm dont go raiding other clubs for established stars that they would prefer to keep, timanu tahu being a prime example

El Diablo

Post Whore
They can't afford to pay him that good money cause they spend it on other promising juniors the Raiders already have.

this is just your opinion. there's nothing factual about your statement