What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

blue bags

First Grade
No. You might be thinking of one of the French's
Okay
Remember going to north Sydney oval
Seeing the big matches
Small grassie Hills. For the fans
Many standing room around the ground
Fantastic atmosphere
Could climb the massive trees that are still there
Small satchels of honey was given out to the kid's. A few Bears mascots
Real family atmosphere
Non of the crowd garbage pushing and shoving
Like you see with bulldog's Broncos matches
Bears played mostly 3pm North Sydney oval
But I think I remember night Games aswell

blue bags

First Grade
@Perth Red without reading through everything, what’s your thoughts on a Bears merger? Obviously they’re playing up to 2 games at NSO, possibility one NRL, one trial. Are you for it so WA gets a team or are games at NSO a sticking point
Grizzlies Bear's 🐻 can play games at North Sydney oval. Central Coast Gosford stadium
And New stadium Brooksvale oval.
Alliance Stadium 😉

Perth Red

Post Whore
@Perth Red without reading through everything, what’s your thoughts on a Bears merger? Obviously they’re playing up to 2 games at NSO, possibility one NRL, one trial. Are you for it so WA gets a team or are games at NSO a sticking point
The game at nso doesn’t phase me, as long as it stacks up commercially, I wouldn’t be in favour of playing a game there if it loses money.
The main issue I have with a partnership is ownership and who’s calling the shots.
if it is to work the club has to be seen as a new perth club not a fifo ns bears who are playing in perth as a convenience to get a license. If that perception happens perth simply won’t get behind the club.

RL in WA can’t afford to get this wrong or it could be the end of the game here, it took over 10 years to recover from the last fiasco and 26 years later is still no where near as big as it was.

the good thing is nrl wants a perth team. Wa govt is going to support it and we have two options, cumins consortium stand alone or perth bears partnership. Hopefully they work out which is best long term for WA.

MugaB

Coach
Cummins is a goof

talking on behalf of the bid and the wa govt is working without him
They are not the same thing, one is the guy who looks after the current wa game, the other is govt who just want our presence no matter how it gets there, I know who Pvl would rather work with, and if you yourself aren't a fan of politians, imagine what a piece of work that other guy must be

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cumins and NRLWA ie Sackson, are very closely aligned. Cumins has been bankrolling the WARL/NRLWA for twenty years. Sackson will be advocating for whatever Cumins wants.

Perth Red

Post Whore
May 11th
Cumins
"All we need now is to have some very clear direction from the NRL and be invited to make an application, which we think would be successful, and then we will come along full steam," Cumins said.
"We do have a very strong group of people, with money, where we would also be in a strong position to fund a successful team.
"I have been involved with this for 15 years, and the reason we haven't gone into full PR mode is because we can't afford another false start."

May 12th
Vlandys
“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later,” he said.
“I believe we could go from 18 to 19 teams in very quick time. “We want to be in the best possible position for our next broadcast deal.

Expect a big PR push from the Perth bid in the coming weeks.

Pippen94

First Grade
May 11th
Cumins
"All we need now is to have some very clear direction from the NRL and be invited to make an application, which we think would be successful, and then we will come along full steam," Cumins said.
"We do have a very strong group of people, with money, where we would also be in a strong position to fund a successful team.
"I have been involved with this for 15 years, and the reason we haven't gone into full PR mode is because we can't afford another false start."

May 12th Vlandys
“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later,” he said.
“I believe we could go from 18 to 19 teams in very quick time. “We want to be in the best possible position for our next broadcast deal.

Expect a big PR push from the Perth bid in the coming weeks.

Lol, seems like very selective quotes there!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, seems like very selective quotes there!!
Yeh Im sure it was purely coincidence that a day after Cumins publicly asks for direction on expansion Vlandys comes out and publicly states Perth as favourites lol

As far as Vlandys is concerned Cumins and his money men owning the Perth Bears with a pathway in NS is the ideal scenario. If its the only one he will accept, thats a totally different matter.

Pippen94

First Grade
Yeh Im sure it was purely coincidence that a day after Cumins publicly asks for direction on expansion Vlandys comes out and publicly states Perth as favourites lol

As far as Vlandys is concerned Cumins and his money men owning the Perth Bears with a pathway in NS is the ideal scenario. If its the only one he will accept, thats a totally different matter.

Low effort troll post