What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
My take is that he targeting increasing participation to a level that overtakes Victoria & ACT.
That seems a realistic target, smart even.
We’ll soon get past Victoria, we’ve had more than them for the last two decades except the last two years when Storm and nrl finally got serious. Canberra will take a few years probably but I’m sure well but we’ll over 7or 8k within our first decade as long as the club and the nrlwa perform.

how many players are registered in the ns catchment? I’m sure they’ll be hoping to grow that as well. Add them together and western bears will kick off with a decent club catchment area from day one.

Wb1234

Immortal
We’ll soon get past Victoria, we’ve had more than them for the last two decades except the last two years when Storm and nrl finally got serious. Canberra will take a few years probably but I’m sure well but we’ll over 7or 8k within our first decade as long as the club and the nrlwa perform.

how many players are registered in the ns catchment? I’m sure they’ll be hoping to grow that as well. Add them together and western bears will kick off with a decent club catchment area from day one.
yeh because Canberra participation numbers will remain static lol

I wonder when the ball and matts teams start competing? Next year? No mention of flegg either.
If I had to guess 2026 earliest but I am very reserved if that year is a legitimate probability. Don’t be surprised if they don’t actually get going until after the NRL side is established. So sometime between 2028/29/30.

There is a lot of work to do in setting these sides up.

Wb1234

Immortal
Young bloke had a good first half but copped a head knock and didn’t pass his HIA test.
Another young bloke Matthew Hill made his NSW Cup debut on the other wing.
Comments section talks about bears junior base turning around post super league

Glebe even commented lol

MugaB

Coach
The Bears made a welcome return to the winners circle tonight with a 30-24 win over the Newcastle Knights to wrap up the regular season.
Congrats to the two young wingers who made their NSW Cup debuts 2nite, Matthew Hill and Ben Stringer, Stringer was playing Harold Matthews earlier this season, both played well.
The Bears now need the Roosters to defeat or draw with the Raiders 2morro and they will be Minor Premiers, if Canberra win 2morro they will be the Minor Premiers because of their superior points differential and the Bears will play the Newtown Jets next weekend.
The Bears had no contracted Storm players 2nite as they all played on Thursday nite against the Cowboys.

View attachment 93329
How good does that jersey look!!!

MugaB

Coach
Haven’t been to Allianz yet but def looking forward to it. Was at commbank for eels v panthers game and it was amazing! Great stadium.
I was at that last game they versed each other, that miracle 3 try's in 3 minute comeback was epic, just hearing the crowd gow ballistic, it is very much a great stadium
Screenshot_20240817_100616_Samsung Internet.jpg

MugaB

Coach
He didn’t mention England or France either, maybe he was suggesting third best in australia? Maybe lol
Third best what? In Australia, again it's a stupid line to hang your hat on, to be 16th in participation, in a competition that will have 18 teams, say you want to be in the top 5 within a decade that sounds like a goal to aspire to, not 16th out of 18

Centy Coast

Juniors
Back to Back NSW Cup Minor Premiers 2023 & 2024, after a very tough six weeks with a lot of distractions: injuries, coaching/betting scandal, expansion news, but the Bears came out on top.
Time to rest up, let those bodies heal, and hit the ground running against the winner of the Newtown Jets v the Canberra Raiders, losing livewire fullback Jake Toby is a massive loss, I’m not really sure of the qualification rules.

IMG_5650.jpeg

Centy Coast

Juniors
The road to the NSW Cup Grand Final, hopefully some of these Melbourne Storm players who have played for the Bears in 2024 will be available to play.
They all played great against the Cowboys on Thursday night.

*Dean IEREMIA (18 games)
*Tepai MOEROA (10 games)
*Ativalu LISATI (9 games)
*Sualauvi FAALOGO (6 games)
*Joe CHAN (5 games)

IMG_5652.jpeg

Centy Coast

Juniors
Minor Premiers the North Beach Sea Eagles won the 2024 Fuel To Go And Play Grand Final 22-14, claiming back to back Premierships against the Fremantle Roosters, the third straight Grand Final between the two clubs.
North Beach have now won three of the last four Premierships.

Player of the Match: Tom Fry (North Beach Sea Eagles)

IMG_5654.jpegIMG_5655.jpegIMG_5656.jpeg

Last edited: