What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waerea-Hargreaves

Highflyers

Juniors
JWH is a good player... He plays a tough game of footy and i love watching it... I guess he is just too aggresive for some folk!!

Valheru

Coach
There is nothing grubby about JWH. He just loves to play his footy tough and confrontations are bound to happen. At least he doesn’t do an Isaac Luke and start a fight with an opposition player only to have one of his forwards intervene for him.

As for the all stars stoush, that was brilliant. If it was an indigenous player he would be labelled as passionate, but because it is someone from the opposite side it’s “racism”.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
JWH is a legend pure and simple, and a really great guy off the field as well.

He is the best enforcer we have had since the great man Morley.

Hopefully he will stay a Rooster for life

hardbaby

Coach
He is a tough guy playing a tough position. He ain't exactly big. And I don't think he is dirty. He'll get flogged soon but until that day, go you big red fire engine.

firechild

First Grade
Seriously, anyone whinging about JWH should just give up on league and go and follow tennis, soccer, AFL or some other soft sport.

firechild

First Grade
JWH never wanted to leave Manly but the money the Roosters threw at him (considering he'd only played a handful of NRL games) was too good to pass up. Rumour has it he wants to come back but he certainly won't be doing it for pocket change.

adamkungl

Immortal
I've only ever heard he wants to stay at the Roosters. Not many players *want* to leave Easts

firechild

First Grade
I've heard it from various places (though rumours spread often in NRL circles, often without much support) including Roosters supporters. Regardless of whether he wants to come back or not, I can't see it happening.

LRC69

Juniors
I'll support him wherever he goes. He's a good old fashioned hard player and a good bloke as well.

Def the most enthusiatic player Ive come across on fan days. So attentitive and genuinel to all the fans especially the kids. My wife, who didnt have a clue who he was loves him now after seeing him at the fan days. He always has a smile on his face and seems to love what he does.

Even after the big wins (think tigers semi 2010) he is the last one left shaking hands and high fiving with the crowds at the fence etc.

hitman82

Bench
He is a tough guy playing a tough position. He ain't exactly big. And I don't think he is dirty. He'll get flogged soon but until that day, go you big red fire engine.

6 foot 3 and 110 kgs isn't exactly small! :lol:

Def the most enthusiatic player Ive come across on fan days. So attentitive and genuinel to all the fans especially the kids. My wife, who didnt have a clue who he was loves him now after seeing him at the fan days. He always has a smile on his face and seems to love what he does.

Even after the big wins (think tigers semi 2010) he is the last one left shaking hands and high fiving with the crowds at the fence etc.

He's a class act off the field, he loves the RL fans and is always enthusiastic about getting involved and you don't hear any off field trouble about him. The haters would be all over him if he played for their club.

I do think he will leave us though. Money will play a role but so will the chance to play in the back row.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seriously, anyone whinging about JWH should just give up on league and go and follow tennis, soccer, AFL or some other soft sport.
^^^^^^^^ This. I'd love to see him in Parra colours, most people on here would love him in their side.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
JWH never wanted to leave Manly but the money the Roosters threw at him (considering he'd only played a handful of NRL games) was too good to pass up. Rumour has it he wants to come back but he certainly won't be doing it for pocket change.

Waerea-Hargreaves keen to extend

jaredweareahargreaves-preview.jpg

SYDNEY forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is eager to extend his stay at the Roosters, confident they are building toward achieving something special.

Off contract at the end of this year, the 23-year-old powerhouse’s preference is to stay with the tri-colours beyond season 2012.

Entering into his third year with the Moore Park-based club, the New Zealand international is hopeful of securing a new deal with the belief that the Roosters are closing in on a breakout year.

“Absolutely his preference is to stay without question,” his manager Michael Newton told nospam11.com.au.

“I spoke to (Roosters boss) Nick Politis last week and we’re going to sit down and have a chat over the next few weeks.

“He loves the Roosters, he loves the club, the environment and the Roosters have probably got the most formidable squad of players from 18 to 22 in the comp.

“They’re building towards something and he’d love to be a part of it.

Kazai Princess

Juniors
There are much dirtier.

Take Hargreaves, muliply him by 10, deep fry him and then cover him in powdered sugar and microwave him for 6 minutes (on high - 1100kw oven) and you have Steve Matai.