What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors - most frustrating team of all time?

Highflyers

Juniors
Wouldn't be LU if there wasn't someone sooking about Manly.

NZ's discipline was attrocious and it was getting to the point where someone should probably have been binned due to repeat infringements. The commentators kept expecting it but the pissweak refs wouldn't do it.

You should watch the game again to see how many infringements Manly had which were penalised but no one was binned. Commentators got on the bandwagon towards the later part of the game when this became apparent from both teams...

firechild

First Grade
You should watch the game again to see how many infringements Manly had which were penalised but no one was binned. Commentators got on the bandwagon towards the later part of the game when this became apparent from both teams...

Surely you can't be serious? At no point during the game were Manly committing infringment after infringement like the Warriors were. The penalties were 9-6. Take out the penalty where Ballin was binned and they only conceded 5 penalties which were spread fairly evenly throughout the match. On the other hand, NZ conceded several around the 60 minute mark.

Highflyers

Juniors
Surely you can't be serious? At no point during the game were Manly committing infringment after infringement like the Warriors were. The penalties were 9-6. Take out the penalty where Ballin was binned and they only conceded 5 penalties which were spread fairly evenly throughout the match. On the other hand, NZ conceded several around the 60 minute mark.

Watch the game again... Both teams were equally as bad slowing the ball down again and again near try line... Couple of stupid penalties given by warriors which gave the 9-6 stat however on the day both teams were guilty!!!

firechild

First Grade
I recall both teams doing it and getting away with it but if the penalties aren't given (both teams were given the same leeway) then how can you suggest that Manly players should have been binned?

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Warriors are easy-beats. You just need to run around their massive pack and grubber to Manu, yeah?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It's been happening for years.

Except in the last 5 years we have been touted as a good chance for a preimership once, in 2009. Where we almost finished last because of utside circumstances and bad recruitment.

But maybe it has something to do with our ill disciplened big polynesian forwards who tire quickly?

Highflyers

Juniors
I recall both teams doing it and getting away with it but if the penalties aren't given (both teams were given the same leeway) then how can you suggest that Manly players should have been binned?

My binning comment applied to both teams...

Valheru

Coach
A few weeks ago I predicted the Warriors to not make the 8. I cited that they are historically unpredictable and inconsistent as my reasons.

Obviously it is early in the season but the game yesterday is a perfect example of what Iwas talking about.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Except in the last 5 years we have been touted as a good chance for a preimership once, in 2009. Where we almost finished last because of utside circumstances and bad recruitment.

But maybe it has something to do with our ill disciplened big polynesian forwards who tire quickly?

:lol:

Is that you Pearcey?

seaeagle sam

Mate, if you are going to whine about the ref over that loss it's going to be a long, hard frustrating year for you. We had you covered even with 12 men.

Highflyers

Juniors
Mate, if you are going to whine about the ref over that loss it's going to be a long, hard frustrating year for you. We had you covered even with 12 men.

Haha - not whinging about ref at all, but the other fellas comment... Manly were deserved winners however just want to note that both teams were infringing in the play the ball... Typical manly supporter, doesnt read comments fully...:roll:

Iafeta

Referee
A few weeks ago I predicted the Warriors to not make the 8. I cited that they are historically unpredictable and inconsistent as my reasons.

Obviously it is early in the season but the game yesterday is a perfect example of what Iwas talking about.

You are aware today is 5th March? I'm fairly sure, nearly certain of it infact, that the Grand Final isn't till 6-7 months away. I would be fairly sure we didn't confirm the top 8 rankings or the Grand Finalists let alone the Premiership winner on any performances over the weekend. It would seem a little quick on the pump given two teams havent played yet.

In respect to being inconsistent and historically unpredictable, they're also a big pack of forwards who play harlem globetrotter football who tire horifically in the last 5 minutes of halves. God only knows how such an inconsistent rabble has made 4 out of 5 of the past finals series... wait a minute, maybe the generalisations are just that, naive generalisations based on poor judgment rather than fact.

If being beaten by the Premiers by 6 on what I can only describe as one of their worst handling displays in a year or two is a tragedy that condemns a club, then I think you're perhaps blowing your wad too early. There were more than enough good signs yesterday.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
If I was their coach this would my address to the team before they went out:

HOLD THE FU*KING BALL!

If they had any form of disipline they would have win by 20 today.

I get so frustrated watching them I projectile vomit.

Come on thats a bit harsh as the Beast has the hands of a surgeon

Im sure he will appreciated the following song- You Need hands sung by Malcolm McClaren

You need hands to hold someone you care for....
You needs hands to show that you're sincere
When you fear...nobody wants to know you
You need hands to brush away the tears....

When you hold the brand new baby
You need tender hands to guide them all the way
You need hands to thank the Lord for living....
And forgiving us this day....

You need hands to show the world you're happy
And you need hands when you have to stop the bus....
But the hands that we love so dear
Are the hands that we love to hear
Are the hands that You give to us.....
Everybody holds the hands that You give to us...
Hold on, I dont Believe it, Fantastic, Thats so wonderful.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
I was never sure why Manly weren't heading into this game as favourites. Because they lost the WC challenge over the other side of the world in sub-zero temps having played 1 trial game? That team that ran out on Sunday has so much experience I would have fancied myself coaching them to a win.

Warriors are notorious for their slow starts to the season. If their handling wasn't so awful they would probably have run Manly a little closer. But the Seagles deserved the win.

It may have been a game with a few errors but it was far and away more entertaining than the rubbish served up by Eels, Cowboys...wasn't overly impressed with the quality tonight in the Rooters v Rabbits game either.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Is is just me or were Manly employing a lift-one-leg tackle technique in almost every tackle? It might be common as muck but I swear I've never seen it as much as I did in that game. Appeared to be very effective.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
People keep mentioning this but keep in mind this was Manly's first round 1 win since 2007. Manly won more grand finals than round 1 games between 2008-2011.

Well, both teams are slow starters. I didn't think Manly were at their best but they certainly looked better than the Warriors did. Perhaps if Manu had been playing for the Seagles it would've been closer...

Valheru

Coach
You are aware today is 5th March? I'm fairly sure, nearly certain of it infact, that the Grand Final isn't till 6-7 months away. I would be fairly sure we didn't confirm the top 8 rankings or the Grand Finalists let alone the Premiership winner on any performances over the weekend. It would seem a little quick on the pump given two teams havent played yet.

In respect to being inconsistent and historically unpredictable, they're also a big pack of forwards who play harlem globetrotter football who tire horifically in the last 5 minutes of halves. God only knows how such an inconsistent rabble has made 4 out of 5 of the past finals series... wait a minute, maybe the generalisations are just that, naive generalisations based on poor judgment rather than fact.

If being beaten by the Premiers by 6 on what I can only describe as one of their worst handling displays in a year or two is a tragedy that condemns a club, then I think you're perhaps blowing your wad too early. There were more than enough good signs yesterday.

Thanks for the calendar tutorial.

The Warriors caught fire last year at the right time and benefited off a ridiculous finals system. They can’t rely on the same thing happening again and I don’t think they are consistent enough to finish in the top 4.

Latest posts