What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to Sign Sam Tomkins

Diesel

Referee
And Locke can move to the #6 jersey and depending what happens with Friend, TL could play in the #9

1 Tomkins
6 Locke
7 Johnson
9 Friend/TL

Illiterate

Juniors
And Locke can move to the #6 jersey and depending what happens with Friend, TL could play in the #9

1 Tomkins
6 Locke
7 Johnson
9 Friend/TL

I think godinet deserves a shot at 6 befor Locke if we get tomkins it wouldn't surprise me if we lost Locke.

Iafeta

Referee
Evidently the salary cap moves to $6.3m next year?? If so, I guess its only 16% of it. As long as we're now in a position where we have to carve off the likes of a Johnson, or a Matulino, or a Hurrell, then ok. If he comes, cool, I'd still like Mateo to be here and I honestly think he plays his best football at lock in the middle of the field, he gets more involved, he gets the ball flat and goes behind the ruck and is good at getting a quick play-the-ball there. I think that's one difference between the Feleti or early 2012 and the Feleti of now. The skills still there. I think Lowrie is a waste there.

1 Tomkins
6 Locke
7 Johnson
13 Mateo
9 Friend
14 Leuluai

That would be good.

One Warrior

Bench
Evidently the salary cap moves to $6.3m next year?? If so, I guess its only 16% of it. As long as we're now in a position where we have to carve off the likes of a Johnson, or a Matulino, or a Hurrell, then ok. If he comes, cool, I'd still like Mateo to be here and I honestly think he plays his best football at lock in the middle of the field, he gets more involved, he gets the ball flat and goes behind the ruck and is good at getting a quick play-the-ball there. I think that's one difference between the Feleti or early 2012 and the Feleti of now. The skills still there. I think Lowrie is a waste there.

1 Tomkins
6 Locke
7 Johnson
13 Mateo
9 Friend
14 Leuluai

That would be good.

Yeah I think that would be brilliant.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm one of Kevin Lockes biggest fans but I can't see him as a frontline defender which is what a move to #6 would require.

vvvrulz

Coach
1 Tomkins
6 Locke
7 Johnson
13 Mateo
9 Friend
14 Leuluai

Has my vote

I'm not convinced with Tomkins's defence out the back, look great on attack but can he defuse bombs? Reading attacking plays? Make that try saving tackle?

Maybe he can, but its not a given. I'd keep Locke out the back and move Tomkins to 6.

Iafeta

Referee
You'd think though by now, after 18 test matches, if he was a horror show under the high ball it'd be well known. The fact he's in high demand and I haven't heard he's weak under the high ball suggests its not an issue. I understand his defence isn't great TBF.

Moving Tomkins to 6 is an option, but given his attacking record I'd be concerned then really we've brought him to play out of position for big dollars. Not something I'd like to do.

kmarr

Juniors
Ive always wondered if theres a reason that not many players play different positions in attack and defence? I like Locke at the back on defence, especially when we are in there half, quite often be makes the tackle of comes up with the play that stops a break. I also quite like what Ive seen from Tomkins on attack.

Why not have Locke play 6 on attack but defensively play fullback?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Whats the matter with Harry Sjeika(sp?)??

has he fallen out of the reckoning completely??

seijka had a few little injuries earlier on this season.
which means he wouldnt of come into contention when we were down friend and mara.

He hasnt played much first grade yet, so he can demand a spot without
but from what I here he has being going well for the vulcans.

TheDMC

Bench
Titans Sam it up

English fullback superstar Sam Tomkins – the most exciting and most marketable player in Super League – is set to join the Gold Coast Titans in 2014. Tomkins has long expressed his desire to play in the NRL but clubs have long baulked at his asking price, which includes a significant transfer fee to be paid to his current club, Wigan. With the salary cap increasing and the Titans having a big bank to spend on recruitment, they are eyeing a sublime talent who can propel the team to premiership contention.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/reckless-richie-had-to-go/tabid/91/newsid/105517/default.aspx

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Where do the Titans get their big bank from? If they're far under the cap we must be f**king swimming in the shit.

Not fussed either way tbh. Electric attacking player, but very questionable in defense and suspect under the high ball. Would rather we focus on a backrower who can actually break a tackle, and even a hard nosed, chews nails and kicks arse prop.