What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to Sign Sam Tomkins

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wigan just lost a prop and back rower to the Eels. Bell is also in England looking at potential props and back rowers. If it's a three person trade I'm betting...

Fullback, prop, second rower.

I doubt we're going to lose someone like Johnson or Mannering. If that were the case we wouldn't be giving up three players. Giving up three players suggests that those 3 players equal Tomkins.

shiznit

Coach
i heard a rumor this morning that the sticking point is that Wigan have they're heart set on Konrad Hurell...

a young kid with plenty of potential, on a Tongan passport so isn't included as an import... and he could potentially represent England at the next world cup.

you would assume the Warriors aren't so keen on it...

jaseg

Juniors
i heard a rumor this morning that the sticking point is that Wigan have they're heart set on Konrad Hurell...

a young kid with plenty of potential, on a Tongan passport so isn't included as an import... and he could potentially represent England at the next world cup.

you would assume the Warriors aren't so keen on it...

Why would Wigan care about the national team? I can't imagine that would factor into their decision unless they get a cap exemption (pretty sure they don't/won't) And Fisiahii or Tuimavave could presumably also move under Kolpak (plus a few others), not just Hurrell.

I would say a flat out no to Hurrell leaving - unless they could somehow sign Jamie Lyon... but there's no chance of that.

Thomas Leuluai (Wigan connection, average half here and his best position is already covered by a player better than him and SuperGodinet plus I'm pretty sure he avoids being part of the overseas quota by now)
+
Glen Fishaii OR Carlos Tuimavave (potential fullbacks, both under Kolpak)
+
A prop - ideally someone like Gubb or Sione Lousi/Steve Rapira (but I think they're off contract anyway), more likely someone like Sam Rapira.

Wigan don't need to replace Gareth Hock (the second rower) - because he isn't even in the team now... he's loaned out. Presumably he's already been replaced.

Bovrick

Juniors
Hurrell would definitely not be considered for England.

Not yet anyway, we have way, way better options with Watkins, Cudjoe etc. And to be honest, although I rate Hurrell as a great talent, I don't really see Wigan going for a centre. Goulding and Thornley are both still young and doing a more than good enough job. Positions Wigan would need would be Full Back, maybe wing, maybe prop (you can never have too many) and then I guess just projects/potential of any position.

Diesel

Referee
The Game Plan last night with the late mail said Roosters were in with a strong chance, but you've gotta wonder how they can fit them all under the cap.

Regardless what we pay or the cap says we pay, we need to get stars over here to attract other players and if paying overs is the way, then so be it

playdaball

Bench
Seriously ... Warriors need more than an untried new fullback / possible stand off. There are holes all throughout the team at the moment

Micistm

Bench
Wigan just lost a prop and back rower to the Eels. Bell is also in England looking at potential props and back rowers. If it's a three person trade I'm betting...

Fullback, prop, second rower.

I doubt we're going to lose someone like Johnson or Mannering. If that were the case we wouldn't be giving up three players. Giving up three players suggests that those 3 players equal Tomkins.

You underestimate the idiots in charge:lol: They are good are marketing jersey desgins, I'll give them that

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah it's really low, especially going to the family home to ask for comment

They have plenty of form in the low department though, just ask Brett Stewart about that one

Iafeta

Referee
Seriously ... Warriors need more than an untried new fullback / possible stand off. There are holes all throughout the team at the moment

In fairness, you take out some very dubious home charlie refereeing in Canberra and Melbourne, and a couple of run away tries against the run of play against Souths, all of a sudden we're 3 and 4 and on good momentum. I don't think we're that far off. I fully expect us to win at least the next 2.

shiznit

Coach
i spoke with the same Jurno today who maintains that Wigan want Hurrell...

interesrtingly he was also adamant that any transfer fee is NOT included under the salary cap.

he used Sam Burgess as an example... i googled it and came up with the following...

from: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-up-a-salarycap-minefield-20101108-17kic.html

Yet if an NRL club contracts a player from the English Super League, as South Sydney did with Sam Burgess, while the NRL club must pay any transfer fee involved, it does not count in its salary cap.

In other words, the Rabbitohs didn't have to include the transfer fee levied on Burgess by Bradford in their cap, but they must include the fee involved in the possible transfer of Inglis from the Storm.

interesting if you ask me... i would say the Warriors will just pay the fee directly to wigan to buy out his contract.

nevemind any trades...

Skinner

Coach
In fairness, you take out some very dubious home charlie refereeing in Canberra and Melbourne, and a couple of run away tries against the run of play against Souths, all of a sudden we're 3 and 4 and on good momentum. I don't think we're that far off. I fully expect us to win at least the next 2.

Is that you Ivan ????????