What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If the Warriors get a home finals match, what happens seeing as the union wc is on and the grounds are unavailable?

Is there anywhere in NZ they can play, or will they have to play their home game at the SFS or somewhere?

Sorry if a thread has been made already, but I've been wondering this for weeks now.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Our home ground is Mt Smart which is a League ground and not used for the Onion.

Scurrah has said if we get a home final the authorities can suck it up. It will be our right to host at our home venue, just as it is everyone else's.

Vicious

Bench
Don`t worry about it, they won`t beat the Dragons this week anyway. The Tigers will finish in 4th spot!

billy2

Juniors
It will be a great advertisment for League.
There will be a lot of 'Rugby' tourists in NZ who will go to a big game of League for something different.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It will be a great advertisment for League.
There will be a lot of 'Rugby' tourists in NZ who will go to a big game of League for something different.

If they could get a ticket, didn't the last semi over there sell out in 12mins or something?

Patorick

Staff member
Mt Smart will be the venue, if they make it.

Only question is kick-off time and whether 9 will show it live.

undertaker

Coach
Best atmosphere of any game i've ever been to in NZ.

what about the 2007 QF vs Parramatta? Even though the Warriors lost that game, the whole crowd on the eastern side of the ground clothed in black was somewhat special as well. Haven't seen something like that at a game for quite sometime.

Packy

Bench
Now that my team is officially out all I can say is.

Toot toot... all aboard the Warriors Express.

docbrown

Coach
I think alot of tourists, if they can't get a ticket, will watch at the pubs etc. It'll be a good advertisement.

Izz

Bench
what about the 2007 QF vs Parramatta? Even though the Warriors lost that game, the whole crowd on the eastern side of the ground clothed in black was somewhat special as well. Haven't seen something like that at a game for quite sometime.
Yeah, that was a good effort, but that Roosters game was something else.

We'd only just snuck into the 8, went over to Melbourne with everybody expecting us to be toweled, pulled off a miracle win and suddenly had a home semi the next week. And it was Wiki's last season, and now anything was possible, especially because the Chooks had been fading coming into the finals. It was euphoric.

And when Wiki put Soliola into la-la land in the second half...

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Would love to see a storm warriors grand final, but I have them picked as prelim opponents myself.

I'll be cheering them on come september

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/08/21/warriors-move-into-nrl-top-four/

allblackfan said | Yesterday | Report comment

Small matter of the Rugby World Cup kicking off in Auckland same night (All Blacks vs Tonga) as Warriors are due to host a finals game. RWC rules also mean other major grounds in NZ are off-limits to the Warriors.
I heard the NRL is currently trying to come up with alternative arrangements!

Is this just wishful thinking?