What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors

Saints fan

Juniors
Soooo here it is, the UWC has kicked off and the warriors are playing in Brisbane, for the kiwi Leaguies, how's the noise for them going on?

If they win (which I think they will) how will the NZ public take it during the UWC?, will they be supported, will the international fans coming in for the Union WC get behind you, what's the buzz like?

Most New Zealand is caught up in the World Cup hype atm. The league has been second or third item on most radio sports bulletins in the last couple of days.
I think tonight is the big key. They have been chucked out of the finals early on for a couple of years, but if they win tonight and get into weeks three be a significant amount of bandwagon jumping from the NZ public (especially if the AB's go poorly).

Meth

Staff member
RWC is massive over here at the moment. There were massive issues last night in Auckland due to it being so packed.

In saying that, a finals match in Auckland would most probably still sell out.

loveleague

Juniors
What a shocker - Please drop Manu, he is a liability, I have been saying it all year - the warriors adlib style of football, although not suited to the hard grind needed in the finals - is built on confidence and those initial errors by Manu really set the team back on their heels. Congratulations Brisbane, but you were hand it on a platter. You have to set a platform before you can be expansive and that didnt happen. I am a lifelong warriors fan, but to be honest - we dont deserve another life. I loved Paul Vautins comment on Manu needing his brain removed - classic

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
What a shocker - Please drop Manu, he is a liability, I have been saying it all year - the warriors adlib style of football, although not suited to the hard grind needed in the finals - is built on confidence and those initial errors by Manu really set the team back on their heels. Congratulations Brisbane, but you were hand it on a platter. You have to set a platform before you can be expansive and that didnt happen. I am a lifelong warriors fan, but to be honest - we dont deserve another life. I loved Paul Vautins comment on Manu needing his brain removed - classic

Until they learn to play finals footy they will keep on getting outclassed at this time of the year. It shouldn't rest on one player to shore up the whole team - this is why they are not good enough to go all the way

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Damnit, need the scum from Manly to win and the Cheats tomorrow.

If they manage to survive till next week, I'm sure they won't play anywhere near as bad as they did tonight. They can't can they?

Absolutely awful tonight.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Maloney and Manu not good enough for me. Terrible decision making and too many mistakes. Made it hard for themselves against a broncos side who they made look good.

A public apology from coach and leading players to warriors fans is required i feel

Hooch

Juniors
Poor old Manu. I remember him having a few special moments last time I saw him in a final too.

Lifetime pumpkin award.

loveleague

Juniors
Until they learn to play finals footy they will keep on getting outclassed at this time of the year. It shouldn't rest on one player to shore up the whole team - this is why they are not good enough to go all the way

I agree wholeheartedly. I just watched Manly demolish the cowboys in the second half and the word that came to mind was character, they have it in spades, same with the tigers second half. Individually very talented, but collectively missing when that top 10% is required. The sad thing for me is that I know if we put Sean Johnson in one of the top tier teams he would be a star - more than just a link player, he was passive again tonight and doesnt seem to have a great combination with maloney. It looks like we have another life, but that just fuels the debate of the current finals system.

IanG

Coach
RWC is massive over here at the moment. There were massive issues last night in Auckland due to it being so packed.

No kidding. When I was over there a few weeks ago I could barely go anywhere without seeing a banner or sign or some other piece of paraphinalia of the RWC. In fact "Are you coming here for the Rugby World Cup?" was one of the questions on the incoming passenger card you had to fill out for immigration.