What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this the most boring Grand final ever?

*Sandy*

First Grade
melon.... said:
Why is it sad? A spaz tard from Penny is having a dig because I thought the half time entertainment was pathetic? She worships Girdler for F's sake!!
At least it's the opposite sex... :lol:

melon....

Coach
TheEelsFanatic said:
Dude she fronts Rogue Traders, and even if ur General Knowledge of the ARIA charts is poor enough, u could have atleast listend to the announcer
Sorry 'dude" i couldnt hear the announcer through the noice....then shortly afterwrds when someone turned it up, I wished I couldnt hear the Rogue Traders! How crap were they? And why do they put acts up that dont even play libe? Sure the skank sang but the music was playback! Why do it if you cnt do it?

Panthers_God

Juniors
melon.... said:
Sorry 'dude" i couldnt hear the announcer through the noice....then shortly afterwrds when someone turned it up, I wished I could hear the Rogue Traders! How crap were they? And why do they put acts up that dont even play libe? Sure the skank sang but the music was playback! Why do it if you cnt do it?

About the entertainment, Pete Murray wasn't bad. Good Aussie music.

choc_soldier

Coach
anjado said:
2003 grand final was the fastest game of football ever played up until that point
i cant believe people found it boring
there were hardly any mistakes and great individual performances by players in both teams
its easily in the top 5 grand finals ever

Most definitely - and I try to say that without any hint of bias. ;-)

The quality of football, considering it was pissing down with rain for a lot of the match, was just outstanding. A classic battle of attrition.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Yeah its wasnt the best Grand Final ever a lot of mistakes and the intensity did seem to drop off a bit.
The 2001 GF wasnt all that boring. I mean its true that the game was over at half time due to a perfect half of football from the Knights but an upset is always a good result :)

The music at half time was okay but the band simply just aren't performers, they can't perform on stage or if they can they certainly didn't show it, just like the teams playing either side of the break.

The game may have been boring but the band was the worst thing on the field all night.

Misanthrope

Staff member
No surprise that melon is in here fishing.

For me, it wasn't near as boring as 2000 or 2002, at least it was a contest. The half time entertainment was decent, better than Pete Murray beforehand.

Smartman

Juniors
I thought it was a pretty good 1st half but the 2nd half looked like a normal club match, not really fitting a finals match.

I do agree that the quality of football this year has been average at best. Thats because the season is too long, needs to go back to 22 rounds.
With the season this long and rep footy to come no wonder teams like Canterbury, Easts and Penrith struggled big time because alot of their players(with rep commitments) havent had a decent break for the past few years.

This season was just an abberation and things will be back to normal next year
icon6.gif

The 2003 grand final was one of the best I've ever seen. Excellent skills considering the conditions, bone crunching hits from both teams, nail biting closeness and pure passion from both sides

Tonights grand final was a good to mediocre game. I'm probably just bitter though because I jumped on the Cowboys bandwagon

So long Rauhihi, hopefully I'll still see you in tri-nations games

Dutch Oven

Juniors
Yes it was the most boring grand final ever and the poor language following the game only served to help AFL's image in Sydney.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yes it was the most boring grand final ever and the poor language following the game only served to help AFL's image in Sydney.

Yeah, I'm sure the NRL is trembling at the 'growth' of AFL in Sydney. Already the teams that have been their for decades are preparing for the inevitable move they'll have to make.

Seriously mate, I heard masturbation rots brain cells, but you're living proof. Try and cut it back to once or twice a day, prolong your already ill informed and wasted life.

Dutch Oven

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
Yeah, I'm sure the NRL is trembling at the 'growth' of AFL in Sydney. Already the teams that have been their for decades are preparing for the inevitable move they'll have to make.

Seriously mate, I heard masturbation rots brain cells, but you're living proof. Try and cut it back to once or twice a day, prolong your already ill informed and wasted life.

Be afraid, be very very afraid.

Potty mouthed boofheads don't help the image.

Watch this grand final victory to be forgotten in the Sydney media in the next couple of days as the big cricket kicks in. The Swans' jubilation kept going for a week.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Be afraid, be very very afraid.

Potty mouthed boofheads don't help the image.

If you're representative of the AFL fans, I'm surprised more of you haven't been rounded up and shot.

pantherz9103

First Grade
melon.... said:
Not true! My team was in the 2000 gf and that was pretty boring too. I was hoping it would be a nail bighter. last years against teh Dogs was crap quality but because there were only 3 points in it for a huge chunk of the second half it made it a ball tearer. 03 was a fluke, everyone knows that. LOL.

Penrith - Minor Premiers and Premiers of 03. Fluke? Yeah Right and we still did well to come 3rd in '04. We had a poor season this year but could have made the 8 had a few of the tight games gone our way.

By the way you are a wanker of epidemic proportions ;-)

Jono078

Referee
Smartman said:
I thought it was a pretty good 1st half but the 2nd half looked like a normal club match, not really fitting a finals match.

I do agree that the quality of football this year has been average at best. Thats because the season is too long, needs to go back to 22 rounds.
With the season this long and rep footy to come no wonder teams like Canterbury, Easts and Penrith struggled big time because alot of their players(with rep commitments) havent had a decent break for the past few years.

This season was just an abberation and things will be back to normal next year
icon6.gif

Couldnt have said it better about the season, the Intensity in matches were gone for most games and overall standard of games wasnt that great imo. Hopefully next year will be back to 'normal'.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The overall standard next year should undoubtedly improve. Consider that Penrith, Newcastle, Canterbury, and Sydney all struggled with form and/or injuries this year. Add them to the battle for top eight spots we enjoyed this year - and you've automatically got an improved standard of play. We'd not have had Cronulla and Manly in the finals, dragging them down.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Pete Murray was the highlight of the night, the potty mouthed Tigers were the lowlight.

Your birth was the lowlight of your mother's life. My having met you, the lowlight of mine. If you don't like rugby league, why on earth did you watch enough of the game to catch the pre-game entertainment and the post game interviews? Or did you just happen to switch off from your croquet video at opportune moments?

Dutch Oven

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
Your birth was the lowlight of your mother's life. My having met you, the lowlight of mine. If you don't like rugby league, why on earth did you watch enough of the game to catch the pre-game entertainment and the post game interviews? Or did you just happen to switch off from your croquet video at opportune moments?

I don't mind rugby league and watch a fair bit of it, but I'm an AFL fan first and foremost and think tonight's whole experience will only help AFL's cause in Sydney. People are already comparing the two grand finals on an entertainment basis, a match basis and what transpired afterwards (the language).

The two grand finals were chalk and cheese.