What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett agrees to coach Knights for four years

skeepe

Immortal
Why do you hate the Knights Skeepe?

They represent all that is evil in the NRL.

They are from a soulless, filthy, disgusting town full of disgusting, dirty, despicable people.

They are a stain on the NRL. Their numerous drug scandals have tainted our fine game like no other.

They deserve to die.

I loathe them.

Frederick

Staff member
14aj7yv.jpg

:lol:!

Because Canberra is full of politicians. No soulless dispicable people there....

And Canberra won't get a new coach any time soon. The CEO is the current coach's brother. Lol. In-bred, narcicistic tards.

Sleep

Juniors
Congrats to Knights fans. Once it wasn't Brisbane it was long odds it would be anyone else but Newcastle with the cash they were offering.

Boyd to Newcastle?! :lol:

1. Gidley
2. Uate
3. Sau
4. Boyd
5. McManus
6. Henry
7. Mullen

Pretty impressive!

Haffa

They are from a soulless, filthy, disgusting town full of disgusting, dirty, despicable people.

They are a stain on the NRL. Their numerous drug scandals have tainted our fine game like no other.

They deserve to die.

I loathe them.
Lmao at soulless town. More soul in Newcastle then Canberra could ever dream of.

The original salary cap cheats who sold their soul to rupert and co giving a lesson on stains on football. Give it up, Sheep.

Ladmate

Bench

They deserve to die.

I loathe them.

Well now I know....

Ladmate

Bench
If I were the Knights, I would refuse to sign Boyd unless it was for 200k or less. They have all the leverage with Wayne Bennett, might as well use it.

DC_fan

Coach
Gongrats to the Knights. Will be interesting to see how they go over the few seasons. A lot will be expected from Bennett.

I can imagine a few Knights players there now will not be there in 2012.

adamkungl

Immortal
Congrats to the Knights. What has just occurred is a victory for the entire NRL - no, Rugby League the world over. Souffs will remain anchored safely on the bottom of the ladder.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Well done Newcastle. As Bennett has said, private ownership is a good thing for our game.

Did anyone ever actually think Wayne would be putting up with Richardson and Crowes bullsh*t?

Tinkler knows the game, knows the region, and knows that Wayne will run the show. He simply pays the bills.

To those who think he is going for the money, I reckon Souths offer wouldn't have been much less, either was St George's offer.

South Sydney isn't a challenge - it's a deathwish.

Liddell

Juniors
I wonder how appealing living in Newcastle was to Bennett before Tinkler took over?

I would have just said, i dont really care what you merkins think, you try and turn $$ like that down.

Either way congrats to the non wanker Knights fans out there.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Well, when Bennett came to St George one of the things that attracted him was having full control over the side, and being just outside the Sydney fishbowl.

The Rabbitohs probably couldn't match it with Newcastle in this regard. That and the $ and Tinkler's jet.

NZ_10c_Warriors

Juniors

They deserve to die.

I loathe them.

wow, bit extreme there mate?

good for you knight fans, damn why couldn't we get bennett?

Wato

Juniors
Well done Newcastle. As Bennett has said, private ownership is a good thing for our game.

Did anyone ever actually think Wayne would be putting up with Richardson and Crowes bullsh*t?

Tinkler knows the game, knows the region, and knows that Wayne will run the show. He simply pays the bills.

To those who think he is going for the money, I reckon Souths offer wouldn't have been much less, either was St George's offer.

According to the daily telegraph Bennentts deal is worth 6mil over 4 years. That works out at 1.5mill a season so thats 100 thousand less then Souths.

Mr Saab

Referee

Thats all true. Wayne does not want the Hollywood BS that comes with Crowe...and does not want the BS that comes out of the mouth of Richardson...."We will not be signing Inglis as we have no $$$"...."we will not have to let go any players to sign Inglis"
Wayne made the right call